+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max Druid dps soul pairings

Default Max Druid dps soul pairings

I was using a 60 druid / 16 justicar build for a long time but find that most of the time Justicar is wasted. Most solo content is one at a mob. Anyway, I'm looking to swap out Justicar for a 61 druid + ? souls for maximum single target dps. Where should the remaining 15 pts be spent?
    For now, I've gone with 15 in Shaman / 0 Defiler (for Rage Blight, even though I don't have a link, I figure in a dungeon as support I'd be taking damage).

Are there better soul pairings with 61 Druid for ST dps? Does Shaman's Powerful Grip apply to any weapon based attack like Fervent Strike? Also how does +10% spell power (Inquisitor) compare to +5% damage done?
    Last edited by actionvapor; 12-28-2012 at 05:14 AM.

yaaawn not again, I'm going to have to go back onto rift zam again now and sort out a 61 poitn druid soul!
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...dtedsfkrGk.-11

There this build has extra damage per hit coming from everywhere, healing every hit, full druid and a few nice dots.
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

Soulwalker

That build shows 80 points spent, we only have 76.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by The Relic View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...dtedsfkrGk.-11

There this build has extra damage per hit coming from everywhere, healing every hit, full druid and a few nice dots.
    80 talent points...qute. Last time i checked there was only 76

Zam still has not figured out how many soul points we get at 60.

*lol*

Telaran

there are a few options that can come close to being peak dps for the last 15 points, but for combined DPS and actual functionality, I went with this

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8k//ne

strictly because the 12 in shaman give you ekkehard's, which you can put at the bottom of your macro, underneath all melee abilities, so you have an instant ranged ability during any melee disconnect moments. Then then 3 in inq give you spell power and an extra 5% crit buff.

This build will have something like a 30-35% crit chance on fervent strike, even if you are not at all geared for crit, and a 20-something percent crit chance on every other damage ability.

Arguments could be made for 4 points in defiler, for rage blight and the first link to keep on the tank, so you have near constant 5% rage blight damage.... but this can cause stacking issues if you are in a group with another dps cleric or a healer cleric that has any points in defiler.

the 12 sham/3inq build will not have any conflicts with any other classes in your party, and ekkehard's will add to your actual real life functional dps, even if it's less damage than your melee hits.

Telaran

It's possibly worth swapping points from singled out over to powerful grip for those last 2 points in shaman. either gives a 4% increase, powerful grip should work on AoE, singled out should work on ekkehard's or any other single target 'spell'(non melee) attacks that may be used. Which you go with is up to you, I actually opted for powerful grip in my build.

Quote Originally Posted by ottopaul View Post
    It's possibly worth swapping points from singled out over to powerful grip for those last 2 points in shaman. either gives a 4% increase, powerful grip should work on AoE, singled out should work on ekkehard's or any other single target 'spell'(non melee) attacks that may be used. Which you go with is up to you, I actually opted for powerful grip in my build.
    Yeah that's basically what I have now, except 15 in Shaman, the last 5 in Powerful Grip. But perhaps the 3pts in Inq are worth it for the 5% crit armor and the spellpower....has anyone worked out how the damage done buffs compare to the spellpower buffs (passive buffs)?

Ascendant

You can't really go wrong with dumping it all into Defiler as an all-purpose build.

It will most likely do as much damage as any other Druid build if you are allowed to link the tank. With a 61/15def build I often am in a position where the healer is dead.. gone in an expert but with me spamming loathsome and my faerie healing it's actually enough to solo heal the rest of the encounter.

Also works in things like raid rifts as an easygoing build where you can literally do whatever you want. Swap the 0 point out of Shaman for Cabalist, you then get Bound Fate which most likely works better with targets >5 and from range even with this range ability if the mobs are facing away from you your 61 point damage adder will proc, it's decent damage, great for tagging. Can't go wrong.

It might not be the best specalised dps raid build for Druid but for everything else it's great.

Telaran

Kind of in the same boat. Druidicar is nice and all, never dies, but feels slow especially for single target pulls. On the other hand 61 druid seems kinda pointless, how often are you going to be attacking from behind soloing (unless you have the tank pet out I guess, but eww), so there's some wasted points there. Plus I don't trust just Aid of the Forest to keep me up. So I went 54 druid, 20 sham, 2 inq. Thought about going 0 justi instead of the 2 inq for even more heals but I seem to stay up alright without so would rather have the extra bit of dps. Not sure why people would recommend defiler, I guess in a dungeon linking the tank is nice but the gift gives you less damage and there's nothing to write home about in the tree.

Oh and all other things being equal, +SP buffs are better than +damage, about +2% SP = +3% damage depending on spec.
    Last edited by Kahmul; 12-28-2012 at 11:06 PM.

54/20/2 is more than sufficient for solo, and for what it's worth, the Greater Satyr Protector is the best AOE DPS you can get out of Druid. Bust him out, buff him with Upheavel, toggle Sweep as his primary attacj and watch the DPS/HPS fly.

In Druidcar variant, with Salvation being bugged as it is, it does fantastic residual healing. Just don't forget to have his taunts disabled. You can put them on your bar to pop in emergency situations for solo, or to pick up adds/eat a massive nuke in groups. I'd advise against doing such in pugs though, as without proper communication, such things tend to get annoying and/or messy. Though, it's a new take on the popular melee killing game, Eat The Cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmul View Post
    61 druid seems kinda pointless, how often are you going to be attacking from behind soloing (unless you have the tank pet out I guess, but eww), so there's some wasted points there.

Oh and all other things being equal, +SP buffs are better than +damage, about +2% SP = +3% damage depending on spec.
    Actually, the tank pet is what I use unless I'm supporting in a dungeon, he seems to do roughly the same dps as the dps pets and keeps them facing away so Fervent Strike isn't wasted.

Thanks for the info about %damage vs %spellpower, I've been wondering about that...
    15pt Defiler seems like an excellent option, especially for dungeon support, and of course with the tank pet I can link him.

Soulwalker

Default Best dps I have found so far...

My main is 11 inquisitor ( which gives you potent distance attacks and the ever important Shroud of Agony), 12 Purifier, for the heals and absorbs (including Ward of Flame), and the rest into Druid. This will give you a huge advantage in defense and sustained damage, and bursts of high damage with inquisitor attacks. With my healing fairy I can take on multiple enemies and almost never die, and with the others I do incredible burst damage, especially with the Seer. When all my buffs are active, they are as follows: Armor of Devotion, Wisdom of the Ages, Sign of Wrath, Shroud of Agony, Fury of the Fae, Spirit of Upheaval, Tricksters Bluff, Aid of the Forest, and Through Step. Add in my three shield/absorbs (Shield of Oak, Symbol of the Torch, and Ward of Flame), and you are damn near unkillable.
    Last edited by Verkallis; 01-02-2013 at 04:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread