+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 61 sent questions

Shadowlander

Default 61 sent questions

My questions is that I've always been running 61 sent 15 puri with no problems at all in any dungeon.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#mk8O/pGaGyFkGGa8/n

But why not run 61 sent 5 inq 10 puri?. I mean self buffed i'm sitting at 4849 in this spec. ( could easily hit 5k self buffed missing a few peices of gear)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#mk/pGaGyFkGGa8/n8

Just trying to min/max my builds right before my guild starts raiding. So any help is appreciated

Ascendant

If you compare tooltip values you should get lower numbers in 5 inq.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Putting 5 points into any cleric DPS soul will not incur a 5% soul-core bonus to healing/absorption increases. Which in turn, over gear progression, that gap will become more and more noticeable.

you are better off keeping points to the healing souls such as Purifier, Warden, Sentinel and Defiler for maximum healing bonuses.
    --BC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Putting 5 points into any cleric DPS soul will not incur a 5% soul-core bonus to healing/absorption increases. Which in turn, over gear progression, that gap will become more and more noticeable.

you are better off keeping points to the healing souls such as Purifier, Warden, Sentinel and Defiler for maximum healing bonuses.
    That is not true across all specs.

In the case of 61 Sentinel, you want 15 purifier because the third-tier talent offers 10% healing (+ the passive 5%). This outweighs 10% SP in Inquisitor.

In the case of 61 Warden, you only want to go as far in Sentinel as 12 or 13, depending on your need for TTL. The rest go into Inquisitor because the 4% SP outweighs the 4% healing (passive included).

Likewise, a 61 Sentinel with Warden tertiary soul would not want 15 points in Warden, but a maximum of 12 for Healing Cataract, then 3 in Inquisitor for maximum tooltip values.
    Last edited by Ahov; 12-27-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Soulwalker

Could please someone who has no problems in healing experts with a 61 sent, post his rotation.
    I'm not able to keep tank AND the group alive and I'm completely confused with the lot of CD-abilitys.

Or is there anonther healrole which is easier to play? I'm a little bit despaired.

I know for the pros here it's a noobish request but I'm really trying to get back my pleasure playing a heal-cleric.
    Last edited by Mikado1; 12-27-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    That is not true across all specs.

In the case of 61 Sentinel, you want 15 purifier because the third-tier talent offers 10% healing (+ the passive 5%). This outweighs 10% SP in Inquisitor.

In the case of 61 Warden, you only want to go as far in Sentinel as 12 or 13, depending on your need for TTL. The rest go into Inquisitor because the 4% SP outweighs the 4% healing (passive included).

Likewise, a 61 Sentinel with Warden tertiary soul would not want 15 points in Warden, but a maximum of 12 for Healing Cataract, then 3 in Inquisitor for maximum tooltip values.
    Since we are basing stats off of tooltip numbers, let's begin! I am currently sitting at 4315 SP/1596 Crit/360 CP. Below is a listing of tooltip values based per builds on warden variants.

In a build with 61 warden and nothing else. Using this as our base.

SSHSPoRHCHFOotTOotSWoR
    21976838958 - 10591369 - 15142116767 - 8482474 - 27346263 - 6922

With 15 senti added in; T1: 0 2 5; T2: 0 3 0; T3: 0 5 0.
    A 10% SP boost has now set me to 4714 SP.

SSHSPoRHCHFOotTOotSWoR
    278086431126 - 12441620 - 17802475901 - 9963061 - 33847313 - 8083

With the build that you suggested for warden, going by what you stated without any template what-so-ever, this is what i get as a result with 2/5 in inquisitor for 4% SP and 1 point set to TTL as you suggested.
    Senti is listed as: T1: 0 3 5; T2: 0 3 0; T3: 1 0 0

SSHSPoRHCHFOotTOotSWoR
    273184871157 - 12791656 - 18302545926 - 10242996 - 33117504 - 8293

With the spec listed above with a 14% SP bonus, has now set me to 4873 SP. Below is without the TTL buff.

Build is now as following for senti: T1: 0 5 5; T2: 0 3 0; T3: 0 0 0

SSHSPoRHCHFOotTOotSWoR
    274485271163 - 12851664 - 18392557931 - 10293011 - 33287541 - 8334

Time for more build poking! Let's mess about with 61 warden some more. Now, we will keep this so said 2 in inquisitor for the SP buff and continue messing about with senti points.

This build is with 2 inq, 61 warden, 13 senti.
    Senti is the following; T1: 0 2 5; T2: 0 3 0; T3: 0 3 0

SSHSPoRHCHFOotTOotSWoR
    278286471146 - 12671640 - 18122521917 - 10143057 - 33787430 - 8212

Now, here's my personal build that I use. 5 puri, 10 sent, 61 warden.
    This build sets me to 4869 and 1690 crit.
    Puri is in 5/5 for wisdom. Senti is; T1: 0 2 5; T2: 0 3 0

SSHSPoRHCHFOotTOotSWoR
    272984811156 - 12781655 - 18292543925 - 10232994 - 33097499 - 8288

Now if you read down to here, I am not debating you (or anyone else for that matter) if whatever build is the right or wrong build - nor am i stating Y or Z build is better than yours or mine. I'm simply throwing out some tool-tip numbers that I see on my screen. Personally, my view on healing is go for whatever maxes out healing across the board. Not some silly long-timed CD ability that is ungodly buffed up from such. Every healing based build is situational(sp?) no matter how you, myself or anyone else looks at it.

Unrelated: You're probably wondering why i left out HE, downpour, Geyser and OR. These forums would have been highly distorted if i added those in, which well... didn't look pretty with this new forum theme. I want the old theme back or this theme to have a fluid width. Maybe i should make a spreadsheet at some point!
    --BC

ahov got spanked, it should have been obvious that flat healing increase is better than spell power

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhalpert View Post
    ahov got spanked, it should have been obvious that flat healing increase is better than spell power
    My spec has higher tooltips. Troll/be bad elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado1 View Post
    Could please someone who has no problems in healing experts with a 61 sent, post his rotation.
    I'm not able to keep tank AND the group alive and I'm completely confused with the lot of CD-abilitys.

Or is there anonther healrole which is easier to play? I'm a little bit despaired.

I know for the pros here it's a noobish request but I'm really trying to get back my pleasure playing a heal-cleric.
    Until they fix cleric healing, your best bet is spamming Subtle Invocation on the tank. Once they fix Healer's Blessing/Light of Redemption, Healing Invocation should be your spam. To keep the group up, save Healing Breath for the group. It's a very powerful 3 person heal. For spot heals, I have a macro that goes

cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
    cast @mouseoverui Symbol of the Torch
    cast @mouseoverui Subtle Invocation
    So whoever you have your mouse over in party/raid frames, it will cast Healing Breath if it isn't on cooldown, Symbol of the Torch if they dont have Burnout and Healing Breath is on cooldown, or Subtle invocation if HB is on CD and they have Burnout already.

For some of the harder fights (Third boss in xToS) I have Symbol of the Torch on a separate key to stack up shields on the entire group when the tank isn't taking much damage. Also for raid damage, bind Marked by The Light to an easy to hit key as it offers free (and in its bugged state pretty damn good) aoe heals off your normal spam.

This should work for bread and butter healing, no spikes, nothing goes wrong, sit and spam. Often though the tank spikes, people stand in crap, Murphy's Law takes effect. For those situations Sentinel has a very respectable bank of short and long cooldowns that can be used on both the tank and the party. (Don't be afraid to full heal yourself!)

Fullness of Life - Use whenever the tank drops to ~35% or lower.

Nyol's Hope - Use when you start to get behind on tank heals or you really need to top him off with crucial. If you're just behind, just use Nyol's hope and catch up with whatever your spam is.

Healer's Haste - Don't bother much with it aside from AoE healing until they fix our blessings and we have to go back to Healing Invocation. When that happens, use it similarly to how you would use Nyol's Hope, to catch up.

Healer's Covenant - Use it whenever the tank is getting smash. Don't be scared to use it on trash, bosses, anything. It's an amazing 1minute CD that will be up at the same time the debuff wears off. One of the biggest mistakes I see is clerics being timid with their covenant.

Vigilance - Requires precise timing to be useful. It can prevent a killing blow on anyone in the next 10 seconds as long as you use it before they drop below 20%. The way it works if you put the buff on a person and it watches their HP. If it would drop below 20%, it ignores the damage and heals them up from 20%. If you use it while they're already below 20%, it will eat the heal and your 2min CD will be lost.

Touch the Light - Basically whenever you have to move or throw a really quick reactive heal. Also great for use on party members.

Divine Call - Emergency AoE, healing breath should be prioritized over this.

Urgency - Very situational. Whenever you or someone needs a quick burst of speed. I think it's most useful on the last boss in xSBP. It helps whoever picked up the crystal to get to the spot in time.

Renewed Altruism - Macdaddy of all cooldowns, resets all other cooldowns except the battle rez. Use this when you really need a cooldown ability like the ones above, but it's not off cooldown yet. I find myself using it most often when group members stand in crap.

Note: This "guide" was designed with the express intent of healing 5man dungeons. In raid you should be far more focused on the tank and not using Symbol of the Torch or else the puri in your raid will gut you like a fish.
    |Cleric||<Everlasting Vendetta>||Greybriar|

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings. ~Daglar

Soulwalker

Thank you so much!
    This is very helpful for me. I've already found some mistakes I've made before.

Edit
    Replace
    Replace What: Subtle Invocation
    Replace With: Healing Flare

After doing this, the above guide would be solid.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Ascendant

Well, my opiinon is if you want to get streamline your roles you just get rid of 61 sent and have a 54p/22s build.

End of discussion really.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-31-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Well, my opiinon is...
    End of discussion really.
    Those 2 sentences don't really go well together.

Anyways, IMO 61sent will outperform 54/22 anyday.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFlame View Post
    Those 2 sentences don't really go well together.

Anyways, IMO 61sent will outperform 54/22 anyday.

Well I don't want to derail your thread and it's been debated before but whatever advantage you think you're getting in tank heals is really irrelevant because 54p/22s is usually more than enough to heal a tank in dungeons and as soon as you get to any raid situation the 61 Sentinel build is a poor man's Chloromancer. So yeah, what else can be said, not much, I don't bother carrying a 61 Sentinel role and don't really see why anyone should.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-31-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Well I don't want to derail your thread and it's been debated before but whatever advantage you think you're getting in tank heals is really irrelevant because 54p/22s is usually more than enough to heal a tank in dungeons and as soon as you get to any raid situation the 61 Sentinel build is a poor man's Chloromancer. So yeah, what else can be said, not much, I don't bother carrying a 61 Sentinel role and don't really see why anyone should.
    Not my thread

And your argument seems really flawed, this thread is not about the viability of 61sent in raids, it is about 5man.

Your argument is that 54/22 covers tank heal so why run anything else for experts? Erm, there's raid damage involved in 5mans as well.

61sent is capable of solo healing every single expert right now, the same, again, IMO, cannot be said about 54/22, but i am sure with a good group, anything is possible.

But again, both specs, played right is more than enough for what anyone needs to heal experts. As far as raid goes, i do not see a reason to use any other cleric healing spec right now aside from Warden and Defiler on most fights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast