+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warden heals in experts. No, really.

Champion

Default Warden heals in experts. No, really.

I have healed a handful(6ish?) of experts as either 48 warden/28sentinel or 61 warden/15sent if aoe cleanse was not needed. Mostly pugs tired of waiting for a que, not stacked guild runs.

Some of the runs were healed in part with no support healing. To be fair, some fights were hard to keep the tank up if they were under 38k health or so, but honestly, i suspect that would be the case in any cleric healing build.

Wanted to post on this a bit because the first guild run that I did in this spec, everyone was scared. Very scared. When the run went smoothly, without any scary tankalmostdyingfrequently type of things going on, people were surprised and wondered why others werent healing experts as warden, as the aoe heals are superb when needed.

My experience with healing is limited, as i have not healed yet as full sentinel. Its my off off off off spec, but Ive done it a few times when i get impatient with a que or something. It didnt seem terribly hard, and I found the aoe heals very helpful.

Warden's Curative Waters was changed from ST to a party/raid based AOE cleanse [over time.]

It's easier to keep tanks up in healing builds that aren't Warden (regardless of their HP) because Warden's ST healing output is kind of really awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Warden's Curative Waters was changed from ST to a party/raid based AOE cleanse [over time.]

It's easier to keep tanks up in healing builds that aren't Warden (regardless of their HP) because Warden's ST healing output is kind of really awful.
    Pretty much this. Warden's ST healing is passable at a best and under any sort of ST pressure, lacks the effective CDs to keep tanks alive. The best you'd have is Monsoon + a TtL'd OR. 61 Sent is just much more effective in experts, packing incredible CDs, great spot healing, and more than sufficient AoE healing for expert mechanics (MbtL is incredible with DC, HB, and HC).
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Vote to lower the cast time of OfR

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Vote to lower the cast time of OfR
    It's a 2 point skill, so it'd probably need to move up in the tree if they did that. Chop a second off the cast time and move it above the 16 point line and it'll actually be worth using over HI, and out of reach from 61 point builds.

i Heal just fine with this warden build http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...Ag/pr2Gx0/m8x0

i use shield, orb, healing breath touch of light for emergency. keeping hots up and spamm overflowing renewal or healing flare (depending on how muc i need to heal

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bradburn View Post
    i Heal just fine with this warden build http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...Ag/pr2Gx0/m8x0

i use shield, orb, healing breath touch of light for emergency. keeping hots up and spamm overflowing renewal or healing flare (depending on how muc i need to heal
    Take a look at ur spec again, there might be a point or 2 better spent.
    Runiez Cleric

Ascendant

Once a Cleric gears up a bit and now that Warden has a AOE cleanse i'd say it's certainly possible to heal almost everything with Warden but in my opinion the question is kinda why would you want to ?

It's kinda the same with Defiler and to a lesser extent Sentinel. A 54 Purifier/22 Sentinel build just gives you the buffers you need to make fights that would be hard with anything else nice and comfortable.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-27-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Ascendant

Just to add..

There is a niche maybe for a Warden/Purifier build where you can have effusion with your tidal+flashover+latent blaze etc but this build will be something that probably will only get used in Experts nowhere else so it's a hard role slot to justify.

Rift Master

Why would you want to have worse st heals and better raid heals, when there is almost no raid dmg unless you completely flop on mechanics. And even then, a sent is more likely to prevent a death if 1 person is derping. Some trash pulls I'm getting up to 9k hps on tank. Pretty sure for warden that tank would be dead.

Shadowlander

Warden is only usable now because of the double buff healing bug. If they fix it, wardens will again be worthless in experts. Of course the bug has been around a while so maybe they'll keep it as is.
    Either way, sentinel works better for experts.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Why would you want to have worse st heals and better raid heals, when there is almost no raid dmg unless you completely flop on mechanics. And even then, a sent is more likely to prevent a death if 1 person is derping. Some trash pulls I'm getting up to 9k hps on tank. Pretty sure for warden that tank would be dead.
    Pretty sure i cannot approach 9k hps as warden st. The most i remember doing is maybe 3-4k hps on trash pulls with only tank taking damage. I found i usually had no problem pumping out enough st healing to feel completely effective, between keeping a four stack of soothing stream, healing spray, the aoe hot, healing breath, orbs, tidal surge on either orbs or OfR, an instant cast OfR if needed, and the puri shield, tank healing seemed fairly easy most of the time.

However, letting all hots drop off then getting some big spike damage on an undergeared tank was challenging at times.

As far as not needing aoe heals in experts, sorry, but not all runs are guild runs with pro players. There are such things as pugs, and plenty of people need to be healed through mechanics they either arent familiar with, or arent skilled enough to avoid altogether. I know people tend to be extremely proud of their leet button pushing skills and cant imagine there is anyone not as pro as them, but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    As far as not needing aoe heals in experts, sorry, but not all runs are guild runs with pro players. There are such things as pugs, and plenty of people need to be healed through mechanics they either arent familiar with, or arent skilled enough to avoid altogether. I know people tend to be extremely proud of their leet button pushing skills and cant imagine there is anyone not as pro as them, but it does happen.
    If you carry them like that, they may not learn from their mistakes (if they don't die maybe they don't notice they are not properly avoiding mechanics). Then they get into groups with healers that aren't so accommodating and end up dieing a lot, hurting the group.

Shadowlander

There is no reason to play warden heals, why punish yourself ?

It needs a better ST heal higher in the tree!

Also , the warden AOE is not anywhere as good and Rogues or Mages , and they get to do ok DPS while going better a AOE heal.

I would like to see warden redesign where top end damage abilities do AOE raid heals, it would make it fun again I miss DOL / damage specs.

At this point we will never be equal to rogues / mages , because they get AOE + damage why take a warden ? .

Shadowlander

Default Absolutely...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkami View Post
    There is no reason to play warden heals, why punish yourself ?

It needs a better ST heal higher in the tree!

Also , the warden AOE is not anywhere as good and Rogues or Mages , and they get to do ok DPS while going better a AOE heal.

I would like to see warden redesign where top end damage abilities do AOE raid heals, it would make it fun again I miss DOL / damage specs.

At this point we will never be equal to rogues / mages , because they get AOE + damage why take a warden ? .
    This! I'm a expert progressing player and found some experts impossible to heal out as cleric (I'm defiler) healer while seeing mages do the job fairly easily not to mention their respectful dps. You could tell me to go Sentinel. Still why would I take a Sentinel that does 0 dps and have weaker AoE heal than Chloromancer??
    "We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten."
    -- Bill Gates

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast