+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiler bugged?

Default Defiler bugged?

Is it, or is it not? or are they just trolling,

I dont see it bugged anyhow O.o People are refering to ST heals, sentinel still does better ST, so i dont see how defiler would be bugged, i still have to work harder than with sentinel to keep the tank alive.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by xBehemothx View Post
    Is it, or is it not? or are they just trolling,

I dont see it bugged anyhow O.o People are refering to ST heals, sentinel still does better ST, so i dont see how defiler would be bugged, i still have to work harder than with sentinel to keep the tank alive.
    It is, Compare the healing of a 3 stack FG created by using FG 3 times, and the healing of a 3 stack created with explosive growth.

For me, i have less issue healing as defiler than healing as sentinel, and i'm doing a good dps while applying the clinging, so it's very good. I just ran an archive of flesh and never had any issue, i think i used explosive growth only once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailis View Post
    It is, Compare the healing of a 3 stack FG created by using FG 3 times, and the healing of a 3 stack created with explosive growth.
    Explosive growth applied just once is a HUGE user of mana. In addition your original Foul Growth spell is not removed from your spell book. You can choose to use one or both, or just apply through dps.

To me this large mana cost indicates that in fact it's working as intended, an "Oh Darn" button in effect when someone's health has dropped too far and normal DPS won't get them back up fast enough.

Without the huge mana cost I would say, sure it's bugged, but that cost - and it is large - makes me think the bug is in how the spell is worded instead.

It and the other changes made the defiler a viable healer, more still needs to be done, but making explosive growth the same as just hitting the foul growth button three times is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    For me, i have less issue healing as defiler than healing as sentinel, and i'm doing a good dps while applying the clinging, so it's very good. I just ran an archive of flesh and never had any issue, i think i used explosive growth only once.
    You are running a hybrid soul and not pure 61/15. If it's pure 61/15 how do you go in SBP?
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-26-2012 at 02:39 AM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    Explosive growth applied just once is a HUGE user of mana. In addition your original Foul Growth spell is not removed from your spell book. You can choose to use one or both, or just apply through dps.

To me this large mana cost indicates that in fact it's working as intended, an "Oh Darn" button in effect when someone's health has dropped too far and normal DPS won't get them back up fast enough.

Without the huge mana cost I would say, sure it's bugged, but that cost - and it is large - makes me think the bug is in how the spell is worded instead.

It and the other changes made the defiler a viable healer, more still needs to be done, but making explosive growth the same as just hitting the foul growth button three times is not the answer.

You are running a hybrid soul and not pure 61/15. If it's pure 61/15 how do you go in SBP?
    No, it isn't working as intended. Explosive Growth is bugged just like Chloro veils and cleric Blessings.

Bust still i hardly ever use explosive growth, so i dont mind if its bugged. Defiler has other tricks if its and emergncy.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    Explosive growth applied just once is a HUGE user of mana.
    Yes, but compare the mana cost of 1 explosive growth to 3 foul growths. The ability to apply them all instantly and at once trivializes the slight extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    Yes, but compare the mana cost of 1 explosive growth to 3 foul growths. The ability to apply them all instantly and at once trivializes the slight extra cost.
    Yes, this is true.

Honestly we need to wait until the mage issue is resolved. Once that is done then the defiler can be moved up or down to a fair level.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

They should remake that EVERY defiler damaging ability puts a stack of foul growth on the linked players. Becouse healing the tank, dpsing, and hoping you have enough stacks of foul growth on the group to heal massive aoe is quite exhausting I still preffer defiler over sentinel in a dungeon though.

They should remake that EVERY defiler damaging ability puts a stack of foul growth on the linked players. Becouse healing the tank, dpsing, and hoping you have enough stacks of foul growth on the group to heal massive aoe is quite exhausting I still preffer defiler over sentinel in a dungeon though.
    Over-Powered Much? This is the way it works with your beacon and I can keep that little bugger up with 9000ish hit points while having 3-4 world elites pounding on him. I can't imagine that same thing on 4 other players, I think it would be a little over the top.

Maybe adjust the values on rampant growth to be:
    Grants a chance for your your damaging abilities to apply foul growth on the target of the clerics links by the % absorbed

Then the next version should be:
    Grants a chance for your your damaging abilities to apply foul growth on the target of the clerics links by 3 times the % absorbed

This would almost guarantee you have foul growth stacks up on your 30% link almost all the time. I don't think it necessary to have full stacks on the rest of the group, but having them on the tank may be useful. I mean as it sits now I just pop explosive growth on the tank anyhow and leave it for when I need it.
    Last edited by kliknik; 12-26-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Off topic a little, I know. but darn, sometimes you need good thoughts to get you past your current roadblocks.

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    Over-Powered Much? This is the way it works with your beacon and I can keep that little bugger up with 9000ish hit points while having 3-4 world elites pounding on him.
    I adore how we can do that, and also clearing out fully overrun invasions. Without doubt my favourite part of the whole class. It's what made me fall so deeply in love with the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    I'm using a 61 defiler.

And I ran every dungeon playing defiler, I wont say it's easy to handle hight aoe dmg, but it's not that hard while we have a good ST dps, a very good AOE dps, and it's easier to keep low geared tank alive with this than with anything else. It also allow my group to be ******ed and to take mechanic, thanks to the links, the warriors on melee dont die ! And since they improved the defiler, well, we're not taking too much dmg anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    Over-Powered Much? This is the way it works with your beacon and I can keep that little bugger up with 9000ish hit points while having 3-4 world elites pounding on him. I can't imagine that same thing on 4 other players, I think it would be a little over the top.

Maybe adjust the values on rampant growth to be:
    Grants a chance for your your damaging abilities to apply foul growth on the target of the clerics links by the % absorbed

Then the next version should be:
    Grants a chance for your your damaging abilities to apply foul growth on the target of the clerics links by 3 times the % absorbed

This would almost guarantee you have foul growth stacks up on your 30% link almost all the time. I don't think it necessary to have full stacks on the rest of the group, but having them on the tank may be useful. I mean as it sits now I just pop explosive growth on the tank anyhow and leave it for when I need it.
    Yea if every dmg ability would apply stack of foul growth that would be to easy, just saying it wouldnt hurt hehe.
    I am missing an aoe cleanse tbh in 61 defiler, because if you go 22sentinel for aoe cleanse you loose the 4th link, so you would have to heal the 4th guy manually. But as i have noticed thank god fights when you need aoe cleanse dont do that much aoe dmg if youre quick and cleanse it.

Yea if every dmg ability would apply stack of foul growth that would be to easy, just saying it wouldnt hurt hehe.
    I am missing an aoe cleanse tbh in 61 defiler, because if you go 22sentinel for aoe cleanse you loose the 4th link, so you would have to heal the 4th guy manually. But as i have noticed thank god fights when you need aoe cleanse dont do that much aoe dmg if youre quick and cleanse it.
    an AE cleanse would be nice, but then it will be one other the raid would expect from their defilers :P

Seriously I can't think of any of the expert content were an AE cleanse is necessary. Nice to have? Yes, but you can get by without it.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

+ Reply to Thread