+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How to fix Clerics ?

Default How to fix Clerics ?

How to fix Clerics ?

Hello, this my ideas to fix some Cleric Souls.
    I don't have idea for healing soul because I think they're enough good at this moment.

Inquisitor :
    • Bolt of Judgement : Do the same damage as actual Bolt of Retribution.
    • Bolt of Retribution : Now instant-cast and deal 75% of Bolt of Judgement damage.
    • Castigation : Reduces the cast time and mana cost of Bolt of Judgment by 5/10/15/20/25%, also reduces the GCD of Bolt of Judgment by 0.1sec per point spent.
    • Vex : Do the same damage as actual Scourge.
    • Scourge : Deals xx to xx Death damage. It deals an additional xx to xx Death damage each time the Cleric hits the ennemy over the next 10/15s, up to 5times. 15/20/30s CD. Only usable on enemies under 30% health.
    • Diligence : Now 5/10/15% instead of 3/6/9%.
    • Agent of Affliction : Now 3/6/9/12/15% instead of 2/4/6/8/10%.

Shaman :
    • Furious Assault : Now reduces only AoE damage done by 15%.
    • New Ability : Increase the range of the Cleric's single target melee range attacks to 30m. [Reduces the Cleric's single target melee range damage by 30%. Toggled] OR [15s duration / 30s cooldown as harbinger]
    • Ekkehard's Grasp : Now castable from back.
    • Powerful Grip : Now 3/6/9/12/15% instead of 2/4/6/8/10%.

Defiler :
    • Rage Blight : Grants the Cleric's abilities a 5/10% chance to reduce the GCD of their next damage ability by 1.5s. When damaged, applies Rage. Increases damage done by 1% for 10s. Max 5 stacks.
    • Grief Blight : Grants the Cleric's abilities a 5/10% chance to reduce the GCD of their next healing ability by 1.5s. When damaged, applies Grief. Increases healing done and absorption granted by 1% for 10s. Max 5 stacks.
    • Explosive Growth : Mana cost increased by 15%.
    • Arrogance : Reduces the cast time and mana cost of Somatic Desecration by 5/10/15/20/25%, also reduces the GCD of Bolt of Judgment by 0.1sec per point spent.
    • Obsessive : Now Rank 1. (Instead of Horrible Visage)
    • Horrible Visage : Now Rank 2. Increases your damage done by [1/2/3/4/5%] OR [2/4/6/8/10%] for each of your Bonds on the ennemy [and/or] Links active.

Druid :
    • New Ability : Marks the ennemy for 15s. Damaging single target attacks by the Cleric on another ennemy, deal their damage to the marked ennemy as well. Reduces the Cleric's damage by 30%. 30s CD
    • Carry a Big Stick : Now Each time you fail to critically hit an ennemy with a damaging single target ability, you will gain a 15 second duration stacking buff. This buff increases your Spell Critical Hit Chance by 3/6/10% for each stack. A successful critical hit on an enemy will consume all stacks of the buff.
    • Savage Force : Now Rank 3. Increases you and your pet's damage done by 2/4/6/8/10%. (Instead of Brutal Impact)
    • Brutal Impact : Now Rank 5. Increases your Fervent Strike's positional bonus by 5/10/15%. (Instead of Savage Force)

Cabalist :
    • Death's Grasp : Now 2/2. Increases the effect of Spell Power on your Shadow's Touch and Bound Fate by 5/10%.
    • New Talent : Rank 6, 2/2. Grants the Cleric's death abilities a 10/20% chance to apply [XXXX] on the ennemy. It increases non-Physical damage taken by the cleric by 15% for 5s. Can only affect 1 ennemy.
    • New Talent : Rank 8, 1/1. Transforms the Cleric into a [XXXX]. Summons 4 mirror [XXXX] that each deal xx to xx Death damage. Lasts 20s. 1min CD.

Justicar :
    • Divine Right : Now 50/100/150% instead of 33/66/100%.

Why reduce the GCD of Bolt of Judgement & Somatic Desecration (with Arrogance / Castigation) ?
    Because in raid we loose dps from our Bolts, it's casted at 1.36s (with only aura, less with temp buff) and we have a 1.5s GCD. It was did with BoD, why not with others Bolts wich have reduce cast time.

As you can see :
    1.5s BoJ with 1.5s GCD = 92,5 BoJ in 2:30
    1.5s BoJ with 1s GCD = 92,5 BoJ in 2:30
    1.36s BoJ with 1.5s GCD = 97 BoJ in 2:30 (Archon Speed Cast Aura)
    1.36s BoJ with 1s GCD = 100 BoJ in 2:30 (Archon Speed Cast Aura)

Furthermore, we loose 3 Bolt each mins and it's not about server lag because insta-cast ability doesn't have this issue with 1.5s GCD.
    BUT with 1s GCD, we loose 1,5 insta-cast ability per mins. (1-2, it depends)
    I think it's cast animation or maybe the travel time. Any dev got an idea ?
    Last edited by Aethys; 12-20-2012 at 06:43 PM.

It would be nice to have some comunication from our dev, in this thread for example.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys View Post
    [*]Bolt of Retribution : Now instant-cast and deal 75% of Bolt of Judgement damage
    Cooldown or no cooldown?

Soulwalker

Some fine ideas you got there.

Fixing Inquisitor damage is actually pretty simple, maybe buffing some talents like Diligence to 15% like you wrote. But especially Bolt of Depravity should hit much harder as it does now. In classic they nerfed Life and Death Concord because it was "too much", but right now it's a joke. Damage on this one should be increased by 30-50%.

Shaman's damage can be easily adjusted by buffing Furious Assault.

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    It would be nice to have some comunication from our dev, in this thread for example.
    Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    Cooldown or no cooldown?
    No cooldown or a short cooldown. With no cooldown, nerf dmg from 75 to 40-50% or less in PvP to avoid "waterjet renewal". Even if it's high in the inqui tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvine View Post
    Some fine ideas you got there.

Fixing Inquisitor damage is actually pretty simple, maybe buffing some talents like Diligence to 15% like you wrote. But especially Bolt of Depravity should hit much harder as it does now. In classic they nerfed Life and Death Concord because it was "too much", but right now it's a joke. Damage on this one should be increased by 30-50%.

Shaman's damage can be easily adjusted by buffing Furious Assault.
    No, increased BoD damage is a bad idea. Because this will redo "Hard BoD cast Spec" with 3s BoD > 61 inq.
    We need to have BoD under Scourge

Maybe nerf a bit our Nysyr and buff other ability to be less "burst oriented".

If you have any other idea, don't be shy

PS : I can't edit my first post to correct Arrogance & BoR desc
    Last edited by Aethys; 12-21-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Rift Master

Nice, moderate and thought out ideas.

Myself, I can't STAND Symbol of Corruption. The damage of it is insulting. Course, increasing it isn't the only way to make it relevant.

How about....

Your Bolt of Depravity applies 3 stacks of Corruption. When the target is struck by a Life spell, the target takes an additional 10% damage. This removes 1 stack.

I'd also love to give Inquisitors some realiable AoE. It's fine when in melee, but that isn't always an option! Nothing like Shaman levels, but something more than it is. Perhaps by making Soul Drain targetable at range. I'd say by spreading DoT's, but that flavor belongs to Warlocks and Defilers.

A thought...

Bolt of Corruption: Applies a flaring orb to the target for 15 seconds, which explodes for x-x dmg to up to 8 enemies. While active, your damage over time effects apply to up to 5 enemies at 50% efficiency.

Gah, I could be here all day.

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Nice, moderate and thought out ideas.

Myself, I can't STAND Symbol of Corruption. The damage of it is insulting. Course, increasing it isn't the only way to make it relevant.

How about....

Your Bolt of Depravity applies 3 stacks of Corruption. When the target is struck by a Life spell, the target takes an additional 10% damage. This removes 1 stack.

I'd also love to give Inquisitors some realiable AoE. It's fine when in melee, but that isn't always an option! Nothing like Shaman levels, but something more than it is. Perhaps by making Soul Drain targetable at range. I'd say by spreading DoT's, but that flavor belongs to Warlocks and Defilers.

A thought...

Bolt of Corruption: Applies a flaring orb to the target for 15 seconds, which explodes for x-x dmg to up to 8 enemies. While active, your damage over time effects apply to up to 5 enemies at 50% efficiency.

Gah, I could be here all day.
    Good Idea about Symbol of Corruption !
    I can't edit my first post, but if I could I would add :

Symbol of Corruption : Now, Your Bolt of Depravity applies 3 stacks of Corruption.When the target is struck by a Life spell, the target takes an additional 10% damage. This removes 1 stack.

With that, we will avoid actual Double BoD "exploit bug" and hard cast BoD spec !

About Inquisitor AoE, I don't think it's a good idea. Because if we have something like that, Inquisitor will be the OP ranged spec.
    And no one will want to play Cabalist.
    Last edited by Aethys; 12-21-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

For inquizitor:

Bolt of retribution: I would reduce the damage of bolt of retribution, but add the fallowing to it as a method of making it a good spaming ability. With each cast of bolt of retributiion it applies a 2% buff to the damage of the next bolt of judgment used on the target within x seconds (not sure hwo long to put actually was more of an idea. I would say not too long though.), and that the damage buff caps at say 10 to 20% damage bonus. Though you could also switch this to be that bolt of judgement increases the damage of the next bolt of retribution per cast too.

Scourage: This should spread your vex, and sanction out among the targets in range, while also buffing the damage of your dots, andd death based attacks for the duration, but have it's own damage removed. This would give us both an option for more aoe, buff out aoe, and also not have many redundent abilties in the tree. The other idea would be to have it deal damage to the target eac time the target takes damage over the duration, and also possibly buff the damage you are dealing to the target as well.

Bolt of depravity: I agree this needs to hit harder to make it more worthwhile, but yet making it hit hardeer base-line is counter to that as it makes hard casting better than a rotation. So to me i would make it that when you take Unified theory that not only does it make it both instant cast at a full stack, an also reduces the golbal cooldown, but also amps the damage when casted at five stacks too.

Seed of corruption: I liked the idea of brought up of making it increase the damage of the next three or so life attacks by 10%. THough you could also go that it places a de-buff that stores up a portion of the death (or from only bod) damage dealt to the target over the next several seconds, and if you cast/hit the target with bolt of judgement the seed pops dealing the stored damage to the target. This would give us an option of either allowing the seed to run it's course an gather large amounts of damage, or pop it early for some added damage.

Nerf BOD, but life&deaht concord increase dmg by x%(only with 5 stacks), making it useful but only after building it, it would be something like fulminate for the pyro.

I dont think we should improve the inqui AOE.

Reducing nysyr dmg for having, but having scourge, or i dont what buffing our dmg on target, something different from the synergy cristal though, but that would make us using something else in our rotation.

Having the crit chance increasing when we dont crit is really something good and important.

I still dont ask for this soul to do more dps than a mage, but having the same dps, to make us valuable for the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elric-merren View Post
    Bolt of retribution: I would reduce the damage of bolt of retribution, but add the fallowing to it as a method of making it a good spaming ability. With each cast of bolt of retributiion it applies a 2% buff to the damage of the next bolt of judgment used on the target within x seconds (not sure hwo long to put actually was more of an idea. I would say not too long though.), and that the damage buff caps at say 10 to 20% damage bonus. Though you could also switch this to be that bolt of judgement increases the damage of the next bolt of retribution per cast too.
    Yes but we will keep the dps loss during movements with this change.
    On an encounter like Zaviel it's bad to spam Waterjet :/

Scourage: This should spread your vex, and sanction out among the targets in range, while also buffing the damage of your dots, andd death based attacks for the duration, but have it's own damage removed. This would give us both an option for more aoe, buff out aoe, and also not have many redundent abilties in the tree. The other idea would be to have it deal damage to the target eac time the target takes damage over the duration, and also possibly buff the damage you are dealing to the target as well.
    We will be back to Rift 1.XX with this change and everyone will use Inq even during AoE.
    The only thing I think it good to do is to change the way of Soul Drain work like Interdict (Interrupts the enemy and nearby enemies).

Soul Drain : Applies Soul Drain to up to 2 enemies near the target and your target. For each enemy hit, deals 1056 to 1167 Death damage to up to 4 enemies.

Bolt of depravity: I agree this needs to hit harder to make it more worthwhile, but yet making it hit hardeer base-line is counter to that as it makes hard casting better than a rotation. So to me i would make it that when you take Unified theory that not only does it make it both instant cast at a full stack, an also reduces the golbal cooldown, but also amps the damage when casted at five stacks too.
    Something like that ? :

Life and Death Concord : Your damaging Life spells (including each tick of Nysyr's Rebuke) reduce the cast time of your next Bolt of Depravity by 0.3s, as well as increasing its damage by 10% and reducing its mana cost by 10%. Max 5 stacks.

Seed of corruption: I liked the idea of brought up of making it increase the damage of the next three or so life attacks by 10%. THough you could also go that it places a de-buff that stores up a portion of the death (or from only bod) damage dealt to the target over the next several seconds, and if you cast/hit the target with bolt of judgement the seed pops dealing the stored damage to the target. This would give us an option of either allowing the seed to run it's course an gather large amounts of damage, or pop it early for some added damage.
    Do you mean something like that ?

Symbol of Corruption : Now, Your Bolt of Depravity applies Corruption for 8/15s. Each 1,5s the target gains a stack of Corruption, it increases the damage of your next ability by 10/20%. Max 5/10 stacks.

Symbol of Corruption : Now, Your Bolt of Depravity deals an additional 30% of its damage over 4s and applies Corruption for 8/15s. Each 1,5s the target gains a stack of Corruption, it increases the damage of your next Life Spells by 10/20% per stack. Life spell consume 1 stack. Max 5/10 stacks.

It would be good but too much "random". I prefer previous version

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    Having the crit chance increasing when we dont crit is really something good and important.
    If we have something like that, we need to remove Fanatism and Zealotry ;)

I thought an ability like that, but I don't put it in Inqui but in Druid.
    With that, you can choose "more based dmg with inq / defiler / cab" or "more crit based with warden / druid / sham".
    Last edited by Aethys; 12-21-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

For issues of mobilty i would make a change to one of our armor buffs, and making it allow us to cast on the go, that way we can switch out our armor buffs based on the need of the fight. Such as making armor of devotionm or armor of treachery slightly nerfing our dps (2-3%) while using it, but yet allowing us to cast on move while active. This would lead to more use out of other armor buffs that in a 61 point build might not see much use at all, as well as lead to more options in pvp as well for them.

With scourage if you removed the damage of it, or reduced it by quite abit, an added that it spreads your sanction, and vex that are applied to the target to nearby enemies. i don't think it would actually rival a cabalist's aoe damage really. even with a buff that amps the death of your dot damage it would need to hit quite abit harder i would say. Issue i see with making soul drain ranged castable is that it would conflict with cabalist sigil of spirits, which does the same thing applying a non-physical damage buff to 10 enemies from range. With a attack that buffs our own abilties it would leave the cabalists with having sigil of spirits to apply the ranged version of soul drain.

The other idea would be that each time you deal life or death damage to a target with scourge applied them they take X damage.

For seed it would bemore like below

Seed of corruption: After hitting with bolt of depravity you apply the debuff seed of corruption. This buff stores 10-30% of all death based attacks the target takes (including the damage of the bod that applied it), and then deals that damage to the target when it is hit with bolt of judgement. For instance if you had one dot active on the target that deals 500 damage per second, an also hit the target with a bod that dealt 10k damage, the seed would hit the target for 1.5k damage when you hit it with your next bolt od judgement.

I was thinking adding it tp te unified theory talent. That it buffed the damage of bod by 20-50% or such when it bod is cast as an instant or at a full stack. Such as below.

Unified theory: When your life an death concord reaches five stacks your bod is instant cast, has a reduced gcd, an also gains a 20-30% buff to it's damage.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

My idea: Just increase the passives granted for cleric souls across the board. Which would entail: more HP, more damage, more healing.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethys View Post
    [CENTER][SIZE="6"][*]Bolt of Judgement : Do the same damage as actual Bolt of Retribution.
    [*]Bolt of Retribution : Now instant-cast and deal 75% of Bolt of Judgement damage.
    Cooldown or no cooldown?
    It shouldnt have a cooldown, the reason for this change is, it would not affect our stationary DPS at all, however it will give Inquisitor the mobility it DESERVES, you hear that Devs? DESERVES!!! by having an actual proper ability which would do 30% less (i'd say 30% not 25% as OP stated) than your stationary bolt of judgment and also procs life and death concord. Its about time we are able to move from boss mechanics without using Waterjet(a healing soul ability).
    See you all in Wildstar!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    It shouldnt have a cooldown, the reason for this change is, it would not affect our stationary DPS at all, however it will give Inquisitor the mobility it DESERVES, you hear that Devs? DESERVES!!! by having an actual proper ability which would do 30% less (i'd say 30% not 25% as OP stated) than your stationary bolt of judgment and also procs life and death concord. Its about time we are able to move from boss mechanics without using Waterjet(a healing soul ability).
    Great idea, let's give a ranged soul with the most simple rotation in the game a passive DPS boost so that it does the same DPS as all the other classes with really complicated rotations, and then give it a spammable moving skill that only reduces it's DPS by 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsedemise View Post
    Great idea, let's give a ranged soul with the most simple rotation in the game a passive DPS boost so that it does the same DPS as all the other classes with really complicated rotations, and then give it a spammable moving skill that only reduces it's DPS by 25%.
    What passive boost? Inq should be competitive with other ranged souls, and no they are not harder. Melee souls are harder. Also, i said 30%. Need i remind you Rogues DPS reduction on movement = 0%, and Warriors(tempest) loses 25%, while Cleric loses 100% on inquisitor, they have to use other souls like Warden(a healing soul) to spam waterjet.
    Last edited by Byona; 12-21-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast