+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid or Shaman?

Soulwalker

Default Druid or Shaman?

what is better these days Druid or Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by d3v0ur3r View Post
    what is better these days Druid or Shaman?
    Druid is a support soul and Shaman is dps. So I guess that depends on your goal?

I like leveling/farming with Druid/Justicar myself, everything else I tank.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Champion of Telara

As it has been since 1.5 druid is a good solo build and not much else.

Shaman is a good aoe build with some ST power but it is not our best ST dps build and is a mele build.

INQ in our best ST build and is range but looses a ton of DPS on movment fights.

If you want to tank and DPS just do yourself a favour and roll a warrior as its clear Trion will never fix the cleric DPS issues that have been ongoing since 1.3.

If you want to do range and mele dps roll a mage as mages out dps cleric in both mele and range. Oh and mages are the best raid healers and great tank healers too.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Try both!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...edsbkrrk.h.-11

Best idea is to use the greater faerie seer because then you have some nice spell and melee damage going on. You can also go beastmode with strength of the fae + rage of the north :P
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

Quote Originally Posted by The Relic View Post
    Try both!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...edsbkrrk.h.-11

Best idea is to use the greater faerie seer because then you have some nice spell and melee damage going on. You can also go beastmode with strength of the fae + rage of the north :P
    I've noticed a lot of folks saying to use the Seer, but why is that over the Protector?

I seem to swap between the two as the Protector is great for lots of smaller MoBs.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Really it's because the druid him/herself can take a lot of hits solo and the aid of the forest healing usually keeps em up
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

Shield of Telara

I solo with a full DPS spec druid (61 druid, 4 defiler, 11 shaman) - I am well geared though so your results may differ.

I use the tank pet mostly as I can just pull all the mobs back to the pet. It does more damage that the faerie healing pet.

For Raids I only use Shaman on trash pulls at the moment and still use Inquis for boss fights.
    Last edited by aLittleBird; 12-20-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by The Relic View Post
    Really it's because the druid him/herself can take a lot of hits solo and the aid of the forest healing usually keeps em up
    My solo build is 58 druid/17justi/0sham

When I am pulling 5 or less mobs I use satar destroyer and tank the mobs myself.

When I am pulling 8/15/18+ mobs I turn on MOL and pop greater healing fairy and wade through the masses.

The only other spec I have seen that can hadle the 15+ mob pulls is the cab/def spec but since I only need 1 solo spec I went with the druid.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

If you pull multiple mobs, why use an ST pet?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    If you pull multiple mobs, why use an ST pet?
    because I am lazy and dont like switching pets for when i pull elliete mobs. But you are correct the aoe fairy would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    My solo build is 58 druid/17justi/0sham

When I am pulling 5 or less mobs I use satar destroyer and tank the mobs myself.

When I am pulling 8/15/18+ mobs I turn on MOL and pop greater healing fairy and wade through the masses.

The only other spec I have seen that can hadle the 15+ mob pulls is the cab/def spec but since I only need 1 solo spec I went with the druid.
    have you tried satyr protector with satyr sweep+spirit of upheaval+aid of the forest, mien of honor+righteous mandate+even justice on 15+ mobs?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    have you tried satyr protector with satyr sweep+spirit of upheaval+aid of the forest, mien of honor+righteous mandate+even justice on 15+ mobs?
    I have not tried that but when I was leveling I found it hard to keep the tank pet up past 10 mobs but at the same time I did not have justi in that build.

I could play around more with the build to optimise it I guess but really when I switch to tank mode nothing can kill me. when I get low on mana i just pop shield,turn on damage debuff and mana regen then go back swinging.

I could spend time to optimise this spec to eek out a little higher DPS but for now it does what I need it to do which is to wade into anslots and waste everything. Also I don't take credit for this build, I think it was stefe who first posted about it a few weeks ago in some other druid thread.

What I like most about it is if I am just takeing on a few mobs at a time I can skip MOL and have DPS pet out to burn though them but if I need to buff up I can with just a few clicks. And it is such an easy build to play. Great for when I am feeling lazy and watching football and not my screen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    I have not tried that but when I was leveling I found it hard to keep the tank pet up past 10 mobs but at the same time I did not have justi in that build.

I could play around more with the build to optimise it I guess but really when I switch to tank mode nothing can kill me. when I get low on mana i just pop shield,turn on damage debuff and mana regen then go back swinging.

I could spend time to optimise this spec to eek out a little higher DPS but for now it does what I need it to do which is to wade into anslots and waste everything. Also I don't take credit for this build, I think it was stefe who first posted about it a few weeks ago in some other druid thread.

What I like most about it is if I am just takeing on a few mobs at a time I can skip MOL and have DPS pet out to burn though them but if I need to buff up I can with just a few clicks. And it is such an easy build to play. Great for when I am feeling lazy and watching football and not my screen lol.
    even justice+righteous mandate makes the satyr unstoppable unless you start pulling elites, give it a shot

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiss View Post
    I've noticed a lot of folks saying to use the Seer, but why is that over the Protector?

I seem to swap between the two as the Protector is great for lots of smaller MoBs.
    I use the Seer and the Destroyer. From simple 5 minute parses on the dummies in Tempest Bay with raid-ready gear:

Seer Single Target-1600
    Destroyer Single Target-1800
    Seer Multi-Target(8)-10.5k

This is with me only putting on self-buffs and nothing else. No Combined Effort or anything. I also believe Combined Effort should increase the Cleric's damage from Druid attacks and the Druid's pet, rather than a debuff on the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    even justice+righteous mandate makes the satyr unstoppable unless you start pulling elites, give it a shot
    I pull elites often when doing onslaughts.

+ Reply to Thread