+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 54/22 Puri/Sent

Default 54/22 Puri/Sent

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...R.E00gu00z.-11

check it out, tell me how you feel about it. IMO could be the best tank heals and/or Expert Dungeon healing in the game.

Too many clerics hate how their HPS is low ingame but honestly that's the beauty of a Purifier. Prevent the damage and buff the tank, NUFF SAID
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Defiler has you beat on tank heals =/

Defiler is also bugged. Once it gets fixed you'll need to vomit mana to keep the same amount of ST HPS a Sent or Puri could. Support now...I have a feeling with the newest patch notes, a couple dps/defiler hybrids will surface for experts that will make every run a breeze.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

I'm using this spec as a shield bot/aoe cleanser and back up tank healer in raids, and it works quite well. Haven't tried it in experts, tbh - I'm quite happy with what 61 Sent offers me.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...R.E0zgk0oz.-11

better Puri allocation, the sent stuff is personal preference. Don't need sign of anticipation and i never use flashover more than every 45s, but 9% increase to all of your shielding on topped off allies is huge for puri. I also put a point in enraptured breath for some splash heals from Healing Breath, and you only need one point in Merciful Appeal to make the cleanse 1s GCD, I'd rather put the other two points in general increased healing ability.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-20-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...R.E0zgk0oz.-11

better Puri allocation, the sent stuff is personal preference. Don't need sign of anticipation and i never use flashover more than every 45s, but 9% increase to all of your shielding on topped off allies is huge for puri. I also put a point in enraptured breath for some splash heals from Healing Breath, and you only need one point in Merciful Appeal to make the cleanse 1s GCD, I'd rather put the other two points in general increased healing ability.
    sign of anticipation seems very good, especially for tanks in raid. all that miti is out of control
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    sign of anticipation seems very good, especially for tanks in raid. all that miti is out of control
    Don't know of any situation I would use that over sign of faith, unless you're running two puris for some reason

A Sicaron type fight came to mind, but nope, would use sign of faith for that too
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-20-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Don't know of any situation I would use that over sign of faith, unless you're running two puris for some reason

A Sicaron type fight came to mind, but nope, would use sign of faith for that too
    Yeah I guess you're right, there is no need for it.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Telaran

How do you guys feel this spec stacks up against 61sent/15puri? I've tried to run both in experts and I must say, I feel extremely gimped running 54 puri. Any tips you expert puri's have for me?

As a side note I realize some sent abilities are healing for more than they should, but I've felt this way since before it got broken. I've been able to solo heal (no support) through almost all fights including things like the third boss in Exodus since about the second week of release using the 61 sent spec. Is it just that I don't have enough experience/suck with Purifier, or is it inherently harder to perform at the same level? If some of you think it's just as easymode, what kind of things are you doing? In particular, I'm looking for tips for keeping tanks up through hard trash packs (things like the trash at the start of GF or before Core got the nerf bat).
    Last edited by Albrech; 12-21-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Verdandi (Cleric) - <Mutiny> - Greybriar- 4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE

Purifier is best paired with someone else Healing/Support. So you won't find it exactly the best Solo Heal, its the best Solo Dmg Preventor though.

The reason you only go 54 points into Puri is because the 58 and 61 Pointers are very underwhelming. They're decent but not must-have's.

Couple of Tweaks and Comments for OP's Build.

1. In Sentinel, drop 2 points into Benevolence. Push back is actually a fairly big deal in the Raids.

2. Merciful Appeal is a 1 point Wonder, you can save 2 points there and instead drop more points into +% Healing elsewhere.

3. Take Points from Flame Speaker and put them elsewhere in favour of +% Talents. Don't rely on Crits. If not, take out points from Hot Streak.

I'd do something more along this:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#pG8A68/mvaBkwF9iEw/
    Tweaks Pending.

Side Notes:

Signs didn't stack in Beta/Testing, so its kinda stupid running 2 Puri now. Unless this is changed, the point into Sign of Anticipation is unneeded even more so as Faith is much much better. Tanks right now don't mitigate almost anything (Very low Blocks on Bosses) so add another point for Sign of Faith.

Ignore HPS meters. Puris will always be bottom HPS. Instead focus on DTPS and see how much lower you can get that as a gauge of your own performance.

Soulwalker

Did the tree bugged out or is there a reason I'm not seeing for why Inq is the tree picked for 0 points?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Albrech View Post
    How do you guys feel this spec stacks up against 61sent/15puri? I've tried to run both in experts and I must say, I feel extremely gimped running 54 puri. Any tips you expert puri's have for me?

As a side note I realize some sent abilities are healing for more than they should, but I've felt this way since before it got broken. I've been able to solo heal (no support) through almost all fights including things like the third boss in Exodus since about the second week of release using the 61 sent spec. Is it just that I don't have enough experience/suck with Purifier, or is it inherently harder to perform at the same level? If some of you think it's just as easymode, what kind of things are you doing? In particular, I'm looking for tips for keeping tanks up through hard trash packs (things like the trash at the start of GF or before Core got the nerf bat).
    You need to use CDs pretty aggressively and it probably needs both you and the tank to be geared to a certain level. Otherwise sent's higher throughput will make it possible where the puri can't. 54/22 is my standard go-to build for expert healing and I haven't had a second healer for a while.
    Last edited by Gyftov; 12-23-2012 at 02:19 PM.

expert dungeon, go 51/25 take all points in enraptured breath, use sign of anticipation

enraptured breath procs creeping remedy on all hits
    Last edited by Jimhalpert; 12-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhalpert View Post
    expert dungeon, go 51/25 take all points in enraptured breath, use sign of anticipation

enraptured breath procs creeping remedy on all hits
    only need one point in Enraptured Breath to make it proc stuff, and sign of faith is more important, for keeping people from dying by hitting them with Symbol of the Sun/Healing Breath/Healing Flare to trigger the sign and Caregiver's

Ascendant

Was advocating 54 Puri build weeks ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast