+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cleric Patch Notes

Sword of Telara

Default Cleric Patch Notes

DEFILER
    * Defiler Links have become less deadly for Defiler at higher ability ranks.

INQUISITOR
    * Unequipping Qil's Inquisitor Crystal will now remove the damage bonus from currently-active Armor of Awakening.

SENTINEL
    * Faith Rewarded: Can now be used by multiple Sentinels at the same time without causing issues.

WARDEN
    * Oversaturation: Increased the range to 35 meters for where you can heal a target to cause damage to the enemy.
    * Healing Flood: Ranks 2-11 will now work properly with Invigoration.
    * Curative Waters: Now places a buff on the ally which generates an area effect cleanse instantly, and again after 3 seconds.

Defiler links are now even more powerful.

With Link of Agony now being 30% damage reduction, you take only 19% of the intercepted damage. Link of Suffering you take 30% of the intercepted damage; Link of Misery you take 57% of the intercepted damage; and Link of Distress you take 85%. So it seems they normalized the damage from all the links.

No word on the 350% threat bonus in Justicar though. Don't know if it's still a ninja nerf or an actual bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Sorry, my eyes 0'ed in on that warden cleanse burf.

He already stated that the change from 500% to 350% was in fact intentional. He also stated that they will look to further evaluate things after the holidays.

So get those logs and videos going and submit them to feedback. Otherwise a lot of folks aren't noticing the problems and others are seemingly unable to even tank-swap now. I fall into the first category, but I played a Warrior and Rogue for ages, fighting for threat comes naturally to me.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Just yesterday I was thinking about how I never use the second cleanse in Warden, and about how the AoE cleanse isn't in the AoE healing soul. Great minds run in the same ruts

No word on a buff for our dps souls too

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys View Post
    No word on a buff for our dps souls too
    It's small, only 1 soul, and probably (almost assuredly) won't bring us on par, but:

Code:
    SHAMAN
    * Furious Assault: Damage reduction is now 15%, down from 17%.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiss View Post
    He already stated that the change from 500% to 350% was in fact intentional. He also stated that they will look to further evaluate things after the holidays.

So get those logs and videos going and submit them to feedback. Otherwise a lot of folks aren't noticing the problems and others are seemingly unable to even tank-swap now. I fall into the first category, but I played a Warrior and Rogue for ages, fighting for threat comes naturally to me.
    Source? I've been keeping a track on the dev tracker and haven't seen anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post
    Source? I've been keeping a track on the dev tracker and haven't seen anything.
    Check the Dev tracker again, or just read through the last few pages of the Cleric Bug post. Or look up my posts in the Cleric Bug post.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    this, pretty awesome and unique IMO, assuming it works as advertised; hopefully it cleanses in a 25m radius already
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-19-2012 at 10:47 AM.

You won't notice it in every situation, mainly when a dps blows CD's right off the bat or in a situation where 2 tanks need to hold aggro on multiple mobs simultaniously. The main thing is on packs of hard hitting trash, it sucks for the cleric because we feel useless and it sucks for the warriors because they are getting wrecked by all the trash without a 2nd tank. Tank swap fights are alright because each time a tank taunts he gets 130% of the aggro of the other tank which stacks up so high after a few swaps that it is impossible for a tank to take aggro accidentally.

before this change I used to be able to split trash packs with another tank, with us both getting some mobs, but now its all or nothing.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-19-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldragen View Post
    It's small, only 1 soul, and probably (almost assuredly) won't bring us on par, but:

Code:
    SHAMAN
    * Furious Assault: Damage reduction is now 15%, down from 17%.
    Yes but ... lol !

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    You won't notice it in every situation, mainly when a dps blows CD's right off the bat or in a situation where 2 tanks need to hold aggro on multiple mobs simultaniously. The main thing is on packs of hard hitting trash, it sucks for the cleric because we feel useless and it sucks for the warriors because they are getting wrecked by all the trash without a 2nd tank. Tank swap fights are alright because each time a tank taunts he gets 130% of the aggro of the other tank which stacks up so high after a few swaps that it is impossible for a tank to take aggro accidentally.

before this change I used to be able to split trash packs with another tank, with us both getting some mobs, but now its all or nothing.
    And those trash packs are what the devs need videos and parses of so they can review and adjust Cleric tanking ASAP (after the holidays). If anything I would strongly recommend recording and posting these happenings on Youtube and then putting them in the feedback and Cleric areas so people can post similar things.

Otherwise its just text and the devs cannot base changes off of that.

And those trash packs are what the devs need videos and parses of so they can review and adjust Cleric tanking ASAP (after the holidays). If anything I would strongly recommend recording and posting these happenings on Youtube and then putting them in the feedback and Cleric areas so people can post similar things.

Otherwise its just text and the devs cannot base changes off of that.
    I catch what your saying, the proof is in the pudding, but its not like were talking about a some obscure overheal threat bug here. Its pretty damn easy for Q/A to check this.

I am sure if trion said "hey guys we have threat changes on test for cleric tanks, do you mind popping over and checking them out" this would have never went live. I mean it is so obvious whats going on it should not warrant submitting video proof. For the love of Kane, a blind man could see that its broken.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    this, pretty awesome and unique IMO, assuming it works as advertised; hopefully it cleanses in a 25m radius already
    Well it kinda trivializes senti aoe cleanse (well i guess senti still maintains its heal option).

But... i like the chance of removing 6 debuffs with one skill due to pvp attunment.
    Though its still a pretty good adjustment, even if its a burf

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I catch what your saying, the proof is in the pudding, but its not like were talking about a some obscure overheal threat bug here. Its pretty damn easy for Q/A to check this.

I am sure if trion said "hey guys we have threat changes on test for cleric tanks, do you mind popping over and checking them out" this would have never went live. I mean it is so obvious whats going on it should not warrant submitting video proof. For the love of Kane, a blind man could see that its broken.
    Yet it was done and the changes are in effect... So based on that if you want things further changed and balanced back in favor of additional threat then effort is required.

Hindsight is always 20/20, just doesn't help cause the change required to re-adjust Cleric threat to acceptable levels for those experiencing problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast