+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cleric Patch Notes

Before the threat change in my experience it was pretty darn difficult for anyone to pull anything off a Justicar. Now I see Justicars falling into two categories: those that don't know how to generate threat and are losing threat to everyone else, and Justicars who have played another tanking class before and know how to generate threat who are keeping on par with Warriors and Riftstalkers.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Before the threat change in my experience it was pretty darn difficult for anyone to pull anything off a Justicar. Now I see Justicars falling into two categories: those that don't know how to generate threat and are losing threat to everyone else, and Justicars who have played another tanking class before and know how to generate threat who are keeping on par with Warriors and Riftstalkers.
    come on now, at least give us some credit... those of us clerics who were tanking way back in the day (more than a year ago) had worse threat than warriors or rogues ever had
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-19-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Well it kinda trivializes senti aoe cleanse (well i guess senti still maintains its heal option).

But... i like the chance of removing 6 debuffs with one skill due to pvp attunment.
    Though its still a pretty good adjustment, even if its a burf
    The sent one will still be off the GCD, as well as providing a tiny heal. Guess it's something :P

Soulwalker

First off Let me say i have been raid tanking with a warrior for a long time and recently desided to play cleric tank. Coming from some one that plays a warrior for a lone time. I never use my taunts unless picking up intial agro or tank swaping. As it stand right now Cleric have to taunt all the time to hold agro. I find that Single target tank is ok agro wise, but Multilpule mobs are a mess. Other Tanks can pull it off me with no force taunts easy. I think I good Compromise is bring our mien up to 425% Threat. I know you want us to prove it but I think you should drop our threat to almost 1/2 as your first attempt to make the agro equal what makes more sense is to make SMALL changes til everyone is happy.
    Last edited by Vydark; 12-19-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Plane Touched

Defiler best link at 19% recieved damage? That would be pretty insane. It would most certainly make defiler the best healing soul, since each hit for 10k on the tank would be a potential 1.8k heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhurtable View Post
    Defiler best link at 19% recieved damage? That would be pretty insane. It would most certainly make defiler the best healing soul, since each hit for 10k on the tank would be a potential 1.8k heal.
    huh? where are you getting heals from tank hits?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Unhurtable View Post
    Not sure what you mean, the best link reduces damage on the tank by 30%. What you are suggesting would be barely any better than the passive heal adds Sentinel and Purifier get.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-19-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Ascendant

Sorry, my eyes 0'ed in on that warden cleanse burf.
    It's more useful now I think, am I wrong in saying it really only went off 2 times before anyway ?

So this thread changed into a qq about aggro generation from justicar...

Lolwut? I haven't dropped aggro at all even with DPS going to early.. Never had to taunt except tank swaps or mobs that have just spawned (empyrean core) I'm even stealing aggro from the recently buffed warriors I literally have no threat issues, so I have no idea why it's mentioned, guess our 14k DPS warriors and mages and the 13k rogues aren't doing it right. No one I know who MT's as a cleric has talked about threat issues with myself. Only thing I HAVE noticed is when a Sab uses the aggro redirect (incriminate) it doesn't always work.

If you're honestly having trouble generating threat then perhaps it deserves its own thread regarding it, being as this was in fact a highlight on patch notes for clerics.
    Last edited by Keavhavdra; 12-19-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Guild Master/ founder of <Coral> @ Icewatch
    Founder of Paradoxical
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 4/5 EE
    Guild Site
    guild no longer active!

There could be many reasons why you aren't having threat issues, I doubt its because of your overwhelming skill...

warriors have a few different tank specs, if the warriors you were tanking with were in a build that doesn't have a lot of aggro or were less geared then you then i could see your story being true

And as was stated before its not the DPS or tank swap bosses that are the problem, its the hard hitting trash. I guarantee that if you pulled a trash pack with a equally geared and properly spec'd warrior you would not have threat against a single mob without using a force taunt or your full heal CD to get aggro.

War is far better geared than me, using lights rapture build (op threat) for trash. However I know my class though I never claimed to be skilled just that I didn't see the issue and nor has anyone else I know
    Last edited by Keavhavdra; 12-19-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    Guild Master/ founder of <Coral> @ Icewatch
    Founder of Paradoxical
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 4/5 EE
    Guild Site
    guild no longer active!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    The sent one will still be off the GCD, as well as providing a tiny heal. Guess it's something :P
    It's not oGCD. With a talent you can make the GCD of cleanses 1s, but the GCD is still there. I would like for it to be oGCD in light of the warden change and in the spirit of sentinel being the fast healer. Or at least do something to make sentinel's "special" cleanse special again.

Ever since beta I found it odd that they left the aoe cleanse in a soul that was no longer aoe, and the aoe soul still had a ST cleanse for their special cleanse.

Speaking of special cleanses, why none for the defiler? Or am I just missing it? Maybe a cleanse that fully cleanses each link, but transfers the cleansed debuffs to the defiler. Wouldn't want to use it for everything, but just trying to think of something along the lines of the theme of the soul. That'd be some crazy synergy with puri special cleanse.

ETA: or possibly a spammable cleanse similar to the above except it only removes 1 debuff per link each cast, transferring it to defiler.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 12-19-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Sorry, my eyes 0'ed in on that warden cleanse burf.
    this burf is nice for defilers with delicate alteration talent

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    huh? where are you getting heals from tank hits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Not sure what you mean, the best link reduces damage on the tank by 30%. What you are suggesting would be barely any better than the passive heal adds Sentinel and Purifier get.
    Since the attack hits the tank for 10k damage, the link reduces that damage by 30%. At the moment, that is largely not lost damage, as 115-85% of the damage is transferred to the defiler. If we take the example of 85%, 15% of 3k is 450. 450 damage is lost on the hit, theoretically a shield that shields the target for 450 health. Shields are potential healing. Its not a 3k potential heal since the defiler in this case takes 2550 damage.

In this new case, since the defiler only receives 19% damage, 81% of the damage is lost in the transfer. 81% of 3k is 2430 (which would mean my original 1.8k number was off by about 1/3rd). In this case the healer also only takes 570 damage.

Lets take this into perspective. Healers Covenant would be a good comparison. Its a 1 minute cooldown that "potentially heals" (one could call it damage mitigation too, doesn't change the effect of the spells) for 40% of the damage the target takes for 10 seconds. So between Sentinels and Defilers, its either:
    - 40% of the damage taken for 10 seconds per 60 seconds
    - 25% of the damage taken for 60 seconds per 60 seconds (there is no duration on the links but we are still comparing between the same interval).

So yes, whether you would call it potential healing or damage mitigation, the link would still remove 2.4k damage from the fight whenever their MAIN target (meaning, might aswell have the second best link on the other tank too) takes 10k damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2