+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Cleric DPS

Soulwalker

Default Cleric DPS

Is cleric DPS lower compared to other classes with relatively the same gear?

No. .

Champion of Telara

yes..

As many things change how little difference there really is.
    Last edited by Ivengar; 12-19-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Yes

Yes .
    See you all in Wildstar!

for the first 30 seconds of a fight, my DPS bursts up way way past all the other dps, nearly double them (using inq.) but from that point on the average dps slips down down down untill I am the lowest sustained average dps.

its like all the other classes in my guild are doing 9-10k the whole fight while I burst up to 15k then slide down to 8k by the time the fight is over...

they need to increase cleric sustained DPS
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-19-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Yes:

Trion really does need to make Cleric dps viable, valuable and wanted. Currently there simply isn't going to be a full-time Cleric dps role in any serious server first, world first, etc guild. Sure its good for all Clerics to have a dps role when you only need so many healers, supports, tanks etc. The dps is just lackluster and doesn't fill any solid niche for a raid that a Rogue, Warrior and/or Mage can't do better.

I'm really tank focused, but I certainly wouldnt mind at least 1 very competitive ranged and 1 equally competitive melee spec for those times when we simply don't need (x) amount of tanks.

Might also help increase Cleric numbers at end game. I see enough at the lower and mid levels, but many get dissappointed that they are essentially stuck healing and only healing at end game if they don't love tanking.

This is the one role where you really can't be taken seriously as a dps until you over-gear the content.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Rift Chaser

I seem to be right at about 8-8.5k sustained dps with inquisitor. With RC it spikes up to 12kish at the start of a fight then goes down fast. Often times I am still the top dps in the group but that might be due to gear.

What are other classes pulling sustained?

How to improve Cleric DPS ?

Example with Inquisitor :

Good Way :
    • Go for 1s GCD on BoJ and/or BoR (Because in raid we loose dps from our BoJ/BoR, it's casted at 1.3s and we have a 1.5s GCD. You did it with BoD, why not with BoJ/BoR)
    • Do BoJ same dmg as BoR & Do BoR instant-cast but 30% less damage
    • Do Vex same dmg as Scourge & Do Scourge more dmg and only usable under 30% life of target
    • Do a buff wich boost our SC by 5/10% each time we do a non-crit ability, stack to 5x/10x/20x like Pyromancer

Bad Way :
    • Buff a bit SH
    • Buff a bit BoD
    • Buff a bit BoJ/BoR
    • Buff a bit All Life and/or Death Damages
    • Increase effect of SP on our dmg abilities

Anyway, choose here, do all things will be a bit OP but you can pick up there some idea to give us a dist spec like Rogue/Mage range spec.

I can do same things with caba, shaman, etc ..

I would like just a dev let us know that they want us to improve our dps souls, in this thread there will be a lot of ideas to improve it as apparently they don't know how to do that. (Or maybe they don't want, but I'm pretty sure that Daglar said that our dps souls must be equal to other callings dps souls).
    Last edited by Aethys; 12-19-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Zinbik lied to us.

Our dps is still well below other classes.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Have we actually seen him lately?

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Have we actually seen him lately?

NO him and the warrior dev have gone missing since patch 2.1 Daglar is the only one posting on there forums.

Telaran

Just for reference (warrior here but I have a cleric alt i'm leveling up to 60).

The warriors in really good gear with the right specs can do about 13k sustained ST DPS. Mages / Rogues can do considerably more than that with easier specs, at range (15-16k i've seen). This is with some raid buffs like bard of course.

Clerics in our guild at least are struggling to crack 8k sustained (we see the initial burst but then it drops substantially) and it is really making DPS checks hard in dungeons because we have a LOT of clerics in our guild unfortunately. We're trying to make all the clerics tank/heal and keep rogues/mages/warriors as the DPS to make it work.

You all need a significant buff to get anywhere near mage/rogue numbers and warriors are even low at this point assuming that mages /rogues are at the "internal targets". All DPS callings are supposed to be roughly equivalent according to what class devs have said in the past (ranged dps in one calling similar to ranged dps in another, melee to melee).

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ironwill96 View Post
    Just for reference (warrior here but I have a cleric alt i'm leveling up to 60).

The warriors in really good gear with the right specs can do about 13k sustained ST DPS. Mages / Rogues can do considerably more than that with easier specs, at range (15-16k i've seen). This is with some raid buffs like bard of course.

Clerics in our guild at least are struggling to crack 8k sustained (we see the initial burst but then it drops substantially) and it is really making DPS checks hard in dungeons because we have a LOT of clerics in our guild unfortunately. We're trying to make all the clerics tank/heal and keep rogues/mages/warriors as the DPS to make it work.

You all need a significant buff to get anywhere near mage/rogue numbers and warriors are even low at this point assuming that mages /rogues are at the "internal targets". All DPS callings are supposed to be roughly equivalent according to what class devs have said in the past (ranged dps in one calling similar to ranged dps in another, melee to melee).
    We don't have this amount of difference in DPS levels between the classes in my guild. But cleric is clearly on the bottom - noticeably so at the moment and we expect it to grow in the size of the gap with the fixes to Warriors incoming.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Telaran

Well I didn't mean that I personally had people in our raids doing 16k as a mage or rogue, i'm not doing 13k as a warrior either :-P.

In the 10-man raid with only expert level gear our actual DPS values with raid buffs picking out best player of each class we see: 10.2 K warrior ST sustained, 11.5K rogue ST sustained, 12k mage St sustained, 8.5k cleric ST sustained. This is all over a 5 minute raid boss fight duration (1st boss - not a whole lot of bad disconnects in that fight but still some movement). I know what warriors / mages / rogues are capable of from seeing other raid parses though is where I was getting the other values.

Do you have any cleric spec that can do > 10K with expert level gear? Because every other calling can do > 10K ST with expert only gear levels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast