+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Defiler viable in raids?

Telaran

Default Defiler viable in raids?

Is Defiler a viable soul for tank healing in raids?
    And if so how do you stay alive taking the high link damages from the inevitable beating the boss is gonna hand out too the tank?
    What spec should be used?
    I'd ask if he should be played as half and half dps/heal but i suspect if its viable you have too constantly cast heals just too maintain the shield on yourself.

Plane Touched

Dunno exactly what spec but we used one when downing Gelidra for the first time. Its not something you are going to want, but if you have 1 player slot left, healing in unstable and damage is not enough (with defiler putting you just above the requirement in terms of damage) it can be good. Otherwise in my experience Sentinel is going to heal better and defilers dont deal that much damage to be viable (but on the other hand we only have 4 clerics in our raid atm, 1 tank and 2/3 healers).

Soulwalker

Best singletarget healer ingame. 40-50k heals without any cooldown in 2gcds. 10k hps singletarget( so Low because u Need to Mana reg very often)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by bibijay View Post
    Best singletarget healer ingame. 40-50k heals without any cooldown in 2gcds. 10k hps singletarget( so Low because u Need to Mana reg very often)
    As far as i know this is a bug due too Explosive Growths Foul Growth stacks healing for twice as much as normal Fould Growth for no apparent reason. And the mana consumption of Explosive Growth is immense 2k pr cast...you'll need som incredible regen too pull this off. But i suppose if you can survive 100% uptime of 25% hp reduction it could be pulled off......it's all these powerful drawbacks too the Defiler that makes me wonder if it's viable in raids or not.

Soulwalker

Explosiv growth count as Instant heal, Foul growth dont.
    And if u Push Ur Instant heal with Sent and puri... 152% + heal.

So its no Bug.. Only Bad Design.

Soulwalker

Edit: 1900 Mana for both.. Explosiv + loathsome. And u Never Need to spam this heal permanent, u can put everytime a manareg between.
    But Most Bosses dont Need that much Tank heal

Telaran

Interesting. Warrants some tests, with heals like that it might not even need the higher % links...maybe 5 or 10% on tank/tanks will suffice only too ensure grief stacks are maxed out at all times.

Could you post a basic build link?
    Last edited by Sethax; 12-19-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Soulwalker

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#m...iyyEkiw/pv2B0g

From the Guide Forum. But i think u cant Play this spec with a 20% link on Tank in 20 raid.
    No chimeras Gift, no armor from inqui and u cant cast a heal every gcd because u Need to manareg. Never testet it in raid. I Play in raid the 61 defiler 9 Sent 6 inqui.
    25% link on Tank and cast every gcd a heal or u die.
    The simpel Reason is that every puri Schild are worthless on u because it Consumed by Ur links in 1-2 sec. ( the links Consumed always the puri Shild First and After that Ur Husk of indifference)

Sry for Bad eng

Explosiv growth count as Instant heal, Foul growth dont.
    And if u Push Ur Instant heal with Sent and puri... 152% + heal.

So its no Bug.. Only Bad Design.
    OMG not this again.... just so everyone knows:

There is a confirmed bug by the developers that heals and damage that come from buffs are doing twice the amount of healing/damage that they should be.

If an abilty is doing more damage than the tooltip it is bugged.

explosive growth is a buff that applies 3 stacks of FG, each of these ticks of FG should be roughly equal to the FG tooltip but they are currently bugged to be more than double what they should be healing for.

instant cast heals only get 6% more bonus than cast time heals in this spec, explosive growth is WAY more than 6% increase.

now... back to the matter at hand. Defiler in my opinion is more than worth it for raids where the tank takes signifigant damage. the 25% damage reduction a defiler brings is absolutely incredible to a tank.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-19-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Soulwalker

There is no tooltip for the heal Amount on explosiv growth.

And explosiv is an instand heal... Foul growth a cast.

U Never linked the DEV Post who Said that explosiv growth is bugged. Not Here and Not in the other thread.

U Never linked the DEV Post who Said that explosiv growth is bugged. Not Here and Not in the other thread.
    Ugh, reading that hurt my brain, but he does have a point, where was it stated that this is a bug? Not trying to refute the claim, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Its looking like the healing boost is going to be sticking around for the holidays. We're wanting to make sure when the fix goes in we don't mess anything else up along with it and that healing goes back to its intended spot. Honestly there just hasn't been time to get all that taken care of before the update would have to go out, so enjoy the OP healing, but try not to get too used to it.
    I believe there was a post by Daglar somewhere as well...

EDIT: Here's one...

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    The bleed is likely affected by the same issue that is affecting certain healing and damaging abilities. Another thing we noticed when looking into this is that there are several assassin NPCs in those pulls that are doing more than intended damage.

Its being looked at but the issue is complicated and we want to avoid suddenly dropping warrior DPS through the floor as we work on fixing the issue.

~Daglar
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-19-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    OMG not this again.... just so everyone knows:

There is a confirmed bug by the developers that heals and damage that come from buffs are doing twice the amount of healing/damage that they should be.

If an abilty is doing more damage than the tooltip it is bugged.

explosive growth is a buff that applies 3 stacks of FG, each of these ticks of FG should be roughly equal to the FG tooltip but they are currently bugged to be more than double what they should be healing for.

instant cast heals only get 6% more bonus than cast time heals in this spec, explosive growth is WAY more than 6% increase.

now... back to the matter at hand. Defiler in my opinion is more than worth it for raids where the tank takes signifigant damage. the 25% damage reduction a defiler brings is absolutely incredible to a tank.
    Link the thread. I know chloro healing is doing more but it isnt double. Only 30%.

Ascendant

Also, defiler isnt mandatory for raids, but has situational uses on certain bosses like the council boss in EE. I could even see one workes into twins in FT.

from what I can see, in my defiler build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...M.qoex000z.-11

a casted Foul growth gets a 121% bonus over its base healing amount:
    .5% * 40 pt defiler
    1% * 36 pt warden/sent
    5% strenght of the deep
    5% harmony in motion
    10% thoughtful
    10% divine understanding
    5% obsesive
    10% peak form
    20% dark impulses

an instant cast foul growth (as would be applied by explosive growth) gets 117% bonus over base healing:
    .5% * 40 pt defiler
    1% * 36 pt warden/sent
    5% strenght of the deep
    5% harmony in motion
    10% divine understanding
    5% obsesive
    10% peak form
    20% dark impulses
    6% expeditious

so theoretically, an instant cast stack of FG should be healing for 1.8% less than the casted version

but SOMEhow my explosive growth is healing for 10k per FG stack and my casted FG is only healing for 5k per stack (which is what the tooltip shows it should be)

God, i JUST don't know why... I JUST can't figure it out... IT COULDN'T BE THE BUG THAT THE DEVS HAVE CONFIRMED WHERE HEALS FROM BUFFS ARE DOING DOUBLE THE HEALING? no... there's just no way it could be that...

[/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-19-2012 at 07:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast