+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Cleric Tank - Macros

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Trimoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default Cleric Tank - Macros

    Hi all, I am just coming back from a long break from Rift and gaming. I have found some great discussions and amazing information that I can use to catch me up on what I have missed while I was gone concerning cleric tanking.

    While I have found numerous guides and information I have not found (unless some a year old or a bit less) some Macro information. I am wondering from the cleric community at large if there are any sites or any of you could lend some aid for some tanking macros?

    Thank you all for any/all help that you can provide!
    Last edited by Trimoon; 12-18-2012 at 07:02 AM.
    Ustria - Cleric Tank - Faeblight
    Tractus Apparatus

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    You must have at least 4 macros + 2 capabilities out of them :
    Close range 1 target macro
    #show Strike of Judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    Long range 1 target macro
    #show Reckoning
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Reckoning
    Close range 3 to 7 targets
    #show Even Justice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Even Justice
    Close range 7+ targets
    #show Censure
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Censure
    And the 2 capabilities you must keep out of macro are Censure and Even Justice (in order to make some damage during the initial pull and while moving)

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brume View Post
    You must have at least 4 macros + 2 capabilities out of them :
    Close range 1 target macro


    Long range 1 target macro


    Close range 3 to 7 targets


    Close range 7+ targets


    And the 2 capabilities you must keep out of macro are Censure and Even Justice (in order to make some damage during the initial pull and while moving)
    you can merge your close and long range macro together, it will then cast your melee attacks if the mob is in melee, then ranged if the mob is ranged. no need for separate macros

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brume View Post
    ...

    Bolt of radiance and DoA on AoE macro? hum? NO? For Aoe use stricly AoE spell (with strike of retribution), apply precept of refuge with hand, to optimize your AoE aggro/damage. You can use DoA with a separate button to help heal sometines, but only usefull in 5-man, if more salvation will be more usefull since AoE do more salvation heal.

    For the mono macro, you need only one....put Reckoning at end of close macro, and gg you have the two macro in one....--'
    But in fact, you need Strike of Judgment JUST for purpose regen, since, even with VotWS, Reckoning do the same theorycal value (2532-2799 for Reckoning versus 2427-2683 + 97-107 for Strike of judgement) but your crit a separate for Strike of Judgment and VotWS ending with the possibility that your Vengeance full crit and your strike never crit.
    Reckoning are best exept if you want to regen mana with purpose.

    And censure is best with 6+ target, not 7+, and you will want to maintain censure up on the mobs for the 5% hit debuff.

    And the spell you need to have out of macro are: Hammer of Duty and Hammer of Faith.

    Mono Spam:
    Code:
    #show Doctrine of Authority
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Reckoning
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Vex
    AoE 2-5
    Code:
    #show Even Justice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Even Justice
    cast Strike of Retribution
    AoE 5+
    Code:
    #show Censure
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Censure
    cast Strike of Retribution
    Purpose regen if mono:
    Code:
    #show Doctrine of Authority
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Reckoning
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Vex
    (I personnaly don't use this one but just have Strike of Jugment on his own macro)

    I personnaly have a key for precept of refuge and use this in hand if AoE.

    And you want Hammer of Duty on his own Key to burst mono and Hammer of Faith for AoE (use this two only if you have 6 or 7 conviction).

    And don't forget Total Assurance, Who is best to use just before a Doctrine of Authority follow by a Hammer.

    And never forget that Doctrine of Glory use need you at 7conviction, so don't waste them if you know that you will need this cd.
    Last edited by vladvador; 12-18-2012 at 07:54 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brume View Post
    You must have at least 4 macros + 2 capabilities out of them.
    Must is a strong word. I just have one macro like the first one you posted, except BoR is removed from it. BoR being removed is a holdover from when we didn't have a spammable ranged attack. I still like not having it in there since it does more damage than the new ranged attack.

    For AoE, I maintain Censure, spam EJ(or spam Censure if more than 5 targets), and tap my single target macro twice when I need to refresh PoR. Two taps in case the off-GCD proc is available.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Trimoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Wonderful, thank you very much for the help!
    Ustria - Cleric Tank - Faeblight
    Tractus Apparatus

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vladvador View Post
    stuff
    Listen to this guy. I added Precept of Refuge to the beginning of my Censure and Even Justice macros as well but that is personal preference. If you have anything before EJ/Censure in those macros, you have to be aware that it will not generate AoE threat if you use it to start a fight while in melee range of your target, so I usually hit it while still slightly out of melee range to start.

    I keep Doctrine of Authority separate from both macros, it's good to use occasionally in AoE situations as well but should not be in the AoE macros.

    also put Strike of Retribution at the end of the macros like he did to avoid macro lag.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-18-2012 at 08:52 AM.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker Trimoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Listen to this guy. I added Precept of Refuge to the beginning of my Censure and Even Justice macros as well but that is personal preference. If you have anything before EJ/Censure in those macros, you have to be aware that it will not generate AoE threat if you use it to start a fight while in melee range of your target, so I usually hit it while still slightly out of melee range to start.

    I keep Doctrine of Authority separate from both macros, it's good to use occasionally in AoE situations as well but should not be in the AoE macros.

    also put Strike of Retribution at the end of the macros like he did to avoid macro lag.
    I was wondering about macro lag and you answered the question, thank you!

    Great response from all and thank you all for your help with this!
    Ustria - Cleric Tank - Faeblight
    Tractus Apparatus

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    There is absolutely ZERO reason to macro as a cleric tank.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Lyannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daskrieg View Post
    There is absolutely ZERO reason to macro as a cleric tank.
    There is ZERO reason not to.

    I don't put precept of refuge on my ae macro's because of the lack of initial threat. Its the top ability on the st macro, its not hard to keep it up.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Alyvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    just target yourself for the first few aoe hits, this forces censure/even justice to fire as they dont need a target and it doesnt give ya the ****ty first hit.


    http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    just target yourself for the first few aoe hits, this forces censure/even justice to fire as they dont need a target and it doesnt give ya the ****ty first hit.
    bad advice IMO, if its so much trouble why even use a macro with ST mixed with AoE abilties?

    just keep precept of refuge in your ST macro and press it once if you want to put it on, keep even justice out of macro's if you don't want to accidentally use a ST abilty when you REALLY NEED an AoE abilty ASAP (such as on a pull)

    the *only* macro a justicar should have is a ST macro just to make it simpler on bosses, the rest of your abilties that you use (censure, EJ, etc.) should always be separate

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    bad advice IMO, if its so much trouble why even use a macro with ST mixed with AoE abilties?

    just keep precept of refuge in your ST macro and press it once if you want to put it on, keep even justice out of macro's if you don't want to accidentally use a ST abilty when you REALLY NEED an AoE abilty ASAP (such as on a pull)

    the *only* macro a justicar should have is a ST macro just to make it simpler on bosses, the rest of your abilties that you use (censure, EJ, etc.) should always be separate

    Totally aggre, like you can see in my post, I personnaly have only my macro mono, and I have macroed my AoE abilities to put the Strike of Retribution for Extra damage/aggro/salvation healing without risqu to use a mono abilities in the gcd.

    For the precepte refuge, I track this with Karulalert, and put him back with my mono macro when needed (and lot of time you don't want to refresh this in AoE, so don't put this in AoE macro).

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vladvador View Post
    For the precepte refuge, I track this with Karulalert, and put him back with my mono macro when needed (and lot of time you don't want to refresh this in AoE, so don't put this in AoE macro).
    Not sure what you mean, you absolutely always want to refresh Precept in AoE because you're often dealing with adds that will use a lot of blockable attacks, you want your block chance to be as high as possible. Once you have threat established of course.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daskrieg View Post
    There is absolutely ZERO reason to macro as a cleric tank.
    "There's absolutely ZERO reason for you to have posted this."

    We're both wrong when we say that.

    You're wrong because macros can make playing a Justicar very simple, and for most people, simple is good.

    I'm wrong because you probably had a reason for posting your comment. What was the reason? Do you play a warrior tank and envy the simplicity of cleric tank rotation? Or were you just trying to boost your ego by saying that you think you're somehow superior at playing a video game a different way than other people?

    Actually, don't bother answering, this is a thread about tank macros, not nasty attitudes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts