+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: need some purifier help :-)

Default need some purifier help :-)

Hello nice cleric peoples!
    I have recently returned to Rift, and find myself learning puri for my raid group (I am quite accustomed to cleric healing, except for puri >.<)

I need a tiny but of help if someone knows puri well:

1) what is a good raid spec for a puri (in 20m)?
    2) what stat is most important for puri?
    3) what spells do you use often, and what do you stay away from (i.e. what is your healer rotation)?

Thank you so much!
    *hugs*

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-healer.html read this, im curently running this in 20man too, but thinking about more deeper puri. Priorities are almost the same
    Last edited by Barbucha; 12-16-2012 at 11:12 PM.

24 puri / 28 druid / rest in warden works like charm for me. Focus all points into absorption and healing. 28 points into druid, namely for fury of the fae and natural dedication. Use the aoe healing and damage buff on your greater faerie because you can trigger tricksters bluff on multiple enemies. It also makes her heals aoe so you are doing ok healing to all allies with her. Then you use the aoe shield skill at 24 points in purifier and you can put healing floods and stuff on top of your shields. Other than that you heal, shield and you spend the battle buffing, debuffing and doing ok damage
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

Quote Originally Posted by The Relic View Post
    24 puri / 28 druid / rest in warden works like charm for me.
    That's a really interesting spec actually, never thought of going into Druid for faerie heals, I'm going to have a play around later. Thanks for that.

24 puri / 28 druid / rest in warden works like charm for me. Focus all points into absorption and healing. 28 points into druid, namely for fury of the fae and natural dedication. Use the aoe healing and damage buff on your greater faerie because you can trigger tricksters bluff on multiple enemies. It also makes her heals aoe so you are doing ok healing to all allies with her. Then you use the aoe shield skill at 24 points in purifier and you can put healing floods and stuff on top of your shields. Other than that you heal, shield and you spend the battle buffing, debuffing and doing ok damage
    The OP specified 20 man raids so don't do this. The Purifier mostly exists for Symbol of the Sun and Sign of Faith. 54 Puri/22 Sent or 58 Puri/18 Sent, the former gets an AoE cleanse and Healer's Covenant, the latter gets a 25% increased heal/absorb cooldown.

Make a @mouseoverui macro for Symbol of the Sun, keep it up on several people and use it to save derps. Also make a @mouseoverui macro for healing breath and healing flare. Use this to apply Sign of Faith and Caregiver's Blessing quickly to anyone who needs it. Keep Flashover+Latent Blaze on the tank(s) as well as yourself and other people if you get the chance. Spam Ward of Fire on the tank, use Ward of Scorching if you need faster healing/shielding output, use Rite of the Forge to prepare for a period of heavy tank damage, and use Spiritual Conflagration or Touch the Light+Flashover+Ward of Scorching to save the tank.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-17-2012 at 07:49 AM.

I'm starting to have a slight feeling that you have something against me Grinnz... There's something called moving in the game and your faerie will automatically heal the people in need of it, the druid and the faerie herself being the priority. I don't think you have had any experience in the druid class Grinnz as you've always underrated it for its slow start. Now it's buffed and a faerie can easily help with healing raids, also take into account healing is not just left to one singular person and you and your faeries aoe heals and shields will not only come in handy to people around you but will also come in handy to the other healers.
    Last edited by The Relic; 12-17-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

Your missing the point Relic. The OP was asking for raid puri help. Your build is NOT a raid puri build. A Raid puri is either their to help with mitigation on the tank... or to help with mitigation on the raid. Its a build entirely revolving around shields and prediction of incoming damage.

So while i cant speak to whether Grinnz doesnt like you or not. His point remains. Your build is not right for what the OP wanted, so it should be ignored in this situation. If your actually running that in a raid, then your raid is optimized poorly. Just stating a fact.

Now im not saying your build is bad... and it could work in particular situations for assist healing, but its not a puri build, and its not the best option for what it does. Its just an interesting "curiosity" build if you will.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 12-17-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Your missing the point Relic. The OP was asking for raid puri help. Your build is NOT a raid puri build. A Raid puri is either their to help with mitigation on the tank... or to help with mitigation on the raid. Its a build entirely revolving around shields and prediction of incoming damage.

So while i cant speak to whether Grinnz doesnt like you or not. His point remains. Your build is not right for what the OP wanted, so it should be ignored in this situation. If your actually running that in a raid, then your raid is optimized poorly. Just stating a fact.

Now im not saying your build is bad... and it could work in particular situations for assist healing, but its not a puri build, and its not the best option for what it does. Its just an interesting "curiosity" build if you will.
    What he said

The absolute only way to build a raid Purifier build is 54 points in purifier, because of Sign of Faith
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-17-2012 at 11:54 AM.

yea not to bag but your missing some very essential PURI cooldowns in that build that will be needed in a 20 man and to some degree the 10 mans.

I am not going to go into depth since grinz seemed to have covered them. I will say even going 61 points into puri cant hurt because you pick up premonition and fiery will then dump the other 15 into sentinel making sure to grab touch the light.

you can run a symbol of the sun macro very similar to the cleanse macro

Code:
    #show Symbol of the Sun
    supressmacrofailures
    Stopcasting
    cast @mouseoverui Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group01 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group02 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group03 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group04 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group05 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group06 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group07 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group08 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group09 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group10 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group11 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group12 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group13 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group14 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group15 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group16 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group17 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group18 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group19 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group20 Symbol of the Sun
    then the spot heal macro
    Code:
    #show Healing Breathe
    supressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breathe
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Flare
    cast Healing Breathe
    cast Healing Flare
    if you go 61 you may want to consider a
    Code:
    #show Ward of Scorching
    supressmacrofailures
    cast Ward of Scorching
    cast Premonition
    I also tie in Flashover to Latent Blaze and Gathering of Flames. I tie in Touch the Light to my Latent Blaze (so i can quickly reapply it during a fight if needed), another separate Ward of Scorching/Premonition macro, and to Healing Invocation.

Latent Blaze macro is:
    Code:
    #show Latent Blaze
    supressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    Cast Touch the Light
    cast Latent Blaze
    I admittedly haven't fooled around with Fiery Will much but it would probably go very nicely with Rite of the Forge, Spiritual Conflagration, possibly your Touch the Light/Healing Invocation macro and maybe a Touch the Light, Flashover, Ward of Scorching, Premonition macro. Though I admit that last one may be to long to be much of a rescue ability, but if Premonition applies the same shield values from the the previous Ward of Scorching it would be one hell of a pre-pull ability especially with Symbol of the Sun pre-applied.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I admittedly haven't fooled around with Fiery Will much but it would probably go very nicely with Rite of the Forge, Spiritual Conflagration, possibly your Touch the Light/Healing Invocation macro and maybe a Touch the Light, Flashover, Ward of Scorching, Premonition macro. Though I admit that last one may be to long to be much of a rescue ability, but if Premonition applies the same shield values from the the previous Ward of Scorching it would be one hell of a pre-pull ability especially with Symbol of the Sun pre-applied.
    There's no one way to play Puri but I'd take those macros with a grain of salt, you dont always want to use cooldowns on the same powers (for example I'd usually save TTL for a Ward of Scorching). It really comes down to how much room you have for macros for different situations. In 58 Puri I mostly use Fiery Will with Flashover for Latent Blaze, making it basically an automatic full heal for the tank even when they have 50k HP. Also good to use with your other cooldowns like Spiritual Conflagration and Rite of the Forge.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-17-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Thank you for all the help!
    I seem to remember SP being the top stat for puri's last I played. Is that still the case or has crit or dex (giggles) taken over?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Demitix View Post
    Thank you for all the help!
    I seem to remember SP being the top stat for puri's last I played. Is that still the case or has crit or dex (giggles) taken over?

Thanks again!
    SP is king. Crit power and even crit chance are not completely worthless though. Since Flashover guarantees a crit, any Crit Power you get will directly increase the healing of abilities used with Flashover. Also, shields can crit now.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-17-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Aside from the "suppressmacrofailures" spelling mistake in the post above... the LB and SOTS are two very good macros to have handy, regardless.

Edit; if you're going the 54/22 route for Empowering Light, you could consider utilizing this macro.
    Code:
    #show Empowering Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Empowering Light
    Last edited by bctrainers; 12-17-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    then the spot heal macro
    Code:
    #show Healing Breathe
    supressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breathe
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Flare
    cast Healing Breathe
    cast Healing Flare
    Not sure I see the point in the last two lines.

If you don't currently have a mouseover target, it defaults to your target. If you have no target, it should default to yourself.

Just a slight correction for that healing breath macro.

Not sure if there's a difference in spell names between NA/EU clients or with certain language options, but at least for NA English, the spell is 'Healing Breath', not 'Healing Breathe'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast