+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eughe

Thread: Any use for cleric tank in pvp?

Rift Disciple

Default Any use for cleric tank in pvp?

Well, I am recently resubbing and would like to try tanking in pvp as well as pve. I also love the cabalist so I would like to stick with cleric if possible.

I was just wondering if it is possible to /stay alive/be annoying to other team/etc and be justicar in pvp?

Thanks

Sword of Telara

Tanks aren't needed other than a flag runner or a distraction.

I guess you can be semi-annoying with a long range pull though. Although, Doctrine of Authority and Hammer of Duty hit for ok damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Quote Originally Posted by Ceonnyn View Post
    Well, I am recently resubbing and would like to try tanking in pvp as well as pve. I also love the cabalist so I would like to stick with cleric if possible.

I was just wondering if it is possible to /stay alive/be annoying to other team/etc and be justicar in pvp?

Thanks
    Justicar doesn't have the requisite tools compared to VK, WL and RS to make it a valued PvP tank. In a hybrid spec, perhaps, but the value of PvP tank's isn't simply their ability to take a hit, and beyond that, Justicar simply doesn't offer enough.

The biggest thing missing in justi is a -quick- pull. But I still tank in pvp since having a front line is better than not having one.

There are some good combos out there that will making you fairly supporty.
    I'm playing around with 54 justi (no need to go over that) and 22 defiler for MH debuff currently, but there are other combos out there that I've used.

You also have a quick stun. Usually if people are T in T through my. Whomever I stun dies instantly.

DoA and hammer do hit fairly hard as mentioned before. Chances are, if you are focusing someone, they won't ignore you like they used to in previous iterations of justi.

We aren't as good as vk and RS, but can still do a lil something something especially with reliable heals.
    Last edited by Eughe; 12-15-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Plane Touched

I am not sure if it is temporary (bug) or not, but my salvation ticks for 500 in pvp single attacks and with censore or even justice you can heal quite a lot,even if it is spash AOE heal. You can do it from range aswell using reckoning, when the situation really doesn't call to go rambo melee.

It you then take into consideration the tanky aspect, i.e indirect healing because you take reduced hits that wouldn't have to be healed, then you get a spec which is surprisingly quite effective. And with the bursty situation ritgh know, it is really a relief for the healer to have a sturdy front line.

Personnaly I run 54 justi and 20 sentinel (increase ligth damage/heal) and 2 puri (sign of wrath adds up quit a lot, especially if you are focused)
    Last edited by Ailis; 12-15-2012 at 06:25 PM.

I have seen a few cleric tanks, they are pretty annoying as flag guards in Codex. Takes focus fire to take them down and they can prevent flag recaptures for a long time. So they do have some use. Also good as Shard carrier in Black Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetness View Post
    they are pretty annoying as flag guards in Codex. Takes focus fire to take them down and they can prevent flag recaptures for a long time.

this is the only use i've found in pvp so far, I can hold 1-2 people off a flag for minutes but as soon as I get focused I die as easily as I would if I was in a DPS spec which is why its not really beneficial to run a justicar as a carrier

inquisitor speed buff would be nice for running stones if it didn't get removed on hits, sentinel has a 50% increase also

+ Reply to Thread