+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stefe

Thread: Cleric in PvP questions

Soulwalker

Default Cleric in PvP questions

Hi, i just came back to try the game again with the free 3 days Trion is giving. I immediately miss it from seeing my character and imagine ill lvl to 60 and get into pvp again and see if it can hold me this time.

My questions are, what are the current pvp builds commonly used in pvp....id like to painfully lvl as that spec just to get used to it by 60 and not have to just then figure it out and pvp with a build i havent gotten comfortable with already.

Also just to save time, im hoping there hasnt been some ridiculous changes and clerics just get steam rolled by everyone else. Hopefully rogues dont still sit around and heal steal fighting 5v1 and being impossible to kill.(im not a rapper)

Well, for healing, Sentinel is probably the best. But you'll see a lot of Warden scrubs padding healing and acting as if they are actually contributing.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

nysyrs....

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Well, for healing, Sentinel is probably the best. But you'll see a lot of Warden scrubs padding healing and acting as if they are actually contributing.
    Sentinel is the best because hard casting every single heal with no chance of ever being interrupted is the best. All instant cast heals in warden are terrible. Also, massive aoe heals that prevent lots of deaths are horrible as well.
    Last edited by stefe; 12-15-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Plane Touched

IMO all souls have different playstyle and are usefull in some way. Nothing is really implayable, if you adapt your playstyle to the situation. Even shaman for example, in some situation it looks extremely weak (not a good time to be a melee glass canon). But in other situations (AOE stack + enough back up healing) you can totally rock the damage meter.

IMO the best specs are
    -61 sentinel : bread and butter single target - mana efficient heal
    -61 warden : huge healing pad, but you need another single target healer. Weak if focuse fire.
    -61 defiler : if you play it as a single target healer only (without the current bug), you may aswell play sentinel, but if you use in a more offensive way, it really shines IMO. This is the spec I prefer the most, versatile and fun, and strong 1vs1.
    -61 inq : pew pew
    -36cab-40defiler : very good AOE, good single target DPS, OK self heal
    -36inq-40defiler : good single target DPS / dot spread , ok self heal (maybe the best 1vs1 spec)

Others spec (61 shaman, 61 druid, heavy justi) are fine, but they are limited by the fact that it is difficult to melee at 60 pvp.

Concerning you questions, yes rogues are still the FOTM with broken builds (NB/RS) that are on the dev radar, and yes, PVP atm is in steam rollling mode because the burst is too high. But it is still playable, fun, and cleric is IMO the more fun class because of its versatility (and defiler )

If you don't mind your scoreboard numbers looking pretty bad, since Absorbtion is not counted, then purifier is actually pretty useful now. You have good survivability and can actually keep your team mates up pretty well.

I have been using a 44 puri 20 sent 12 warden build
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#m...kAg/pLxa/qgOH0

You can also go with a 52 puri 24 sent 0 warden build too. Take empowering light and enraptured breath in Sent. Use Symbol of torch on whole raid, and Healing breath on cooldown, plus ward of fire and ward of scorching, and an occasional HI from Sent. Keep latent blaze up on your self and use TTL with ward of scorching for emergency. Use healing flare while running and warden hots.

Been using 61 shaman, very fun.

Melee is a pita and its more a dart in/dart out type of thing and don't expect to kill /RS but other than that its a monster.

Even if I do die/get ff, chances are he target I'm targeting is gonna die. Just need to build a cri/crit damage planar.

This is the build i'm using atm for ST healing, it's 40 defiler/26 sentinel/10 purifier. You'll have full mobility (no cast time spells), great survivability, HUGE ST heals, but very low damage (not an issue for me).

Try it, it's very funny and effective.

Defiler is cheesy as hell in PvP, so it's what I mostly find myself playing now. Sentinel can put out single target heals almost as fast, but lacks mobility and can be easily shut down by one DPS with an interrupt and a silence or stun or fear(read: Marksman).

People saying that warden is only fluff healing have obviously not gone up against a pair of wardens. It's kind of sad that you need two wardens for wardens to start being effective, but the cross healing plus raid healing gets pretty crazy when you have two. Two wardens and one ST healer to make sure the wardens don't die, and you've got a winning team, provided they can stay within range of each other. Playing inquisitor, I've gone through the full Fanaticism>BoD>Nysyr's>SH>RC>BoD>Nysyr's>SH rotation on a duoing warden and had it survive. Do not underestimate the power of multiple wardens stacking all of their HoTs on each other and their team. It's one of the few scenarios where it still takes multiple DPS to kill one healer.

For DPS, Inquisitor is a good place to start. High burst, a little CC, an interrupt and a speed boost make for a decent PvP soul. I've heard good things about Shaman, but due to lack of role slots have not tried it yet.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 12-17-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Defiler is cheesy as hell in PvP, so it's what I mostly find myself playing now. Sentinel can put out single target heals almost as fast, but lacks mobility and can be easily shut down by one DPS with an interrupt and a silence or stun or fear(read: Marksman).
    Rigth know exposive growth is bugged and heal for ~ twice as intended. Before this bug I found sentinel single target healing to be quite more efficient than defiler (unfortunatly as I love defiler)

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Iunno. I'm not getting the hang of defiler. Despite the burst heals its pretty conditional cuz you need to build decays for it to be useful unless you spam that mana draining builder.

But I'm most likely using it wrong. Probably need to practice more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailis View Post
    Rigth know exposive growth is bugged and heal for ~ twice as intended. Before this bug I found sentinel single target healing to be quite more efficient than defiler (unfortunatly as I love defiler)
    The heals ARE pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Iunno. I'm not getting the hang of defiler. Despite the burst heals its pretty conditional cuz you need to build decays for it to be useful unless you spam that mana draining builder.

I just cheese it up with 3 buttons. One of them is a mana regen. In a 1v1 situation you need more buttons, but still not a lot of effort to win. Like all healing builds, though, a well timed silence or stun still takes you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post

Defiler is one of those specs no one wants to talk too much about for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Defiler is one of those specs no one wants to talk too much about for a reason
    Yeah, I think Defiler may be the real reason that people are calling for nerfs to Crucial Invocation. They just think it's a Sentinel doing those huge chunks of healing because it's the only cast heal they can identify as being used at the time.

I'm using a heavy just I trololol build able to take focus fire, interrupts, silences, snares etc. And withstand a ton of damage allowing me to be in the front line and with a healer just annoy and distract. I've also premade with 2x warden 1 sent/ defiler and 1 defiler/cab and just ROFL stomped group in whitefall. Everything is viable but if you wanna do it right you gotta adapt so play around with some builds and macro's and remember adapt or die ;>
    Guild Master/ founder of <Coral> @ Icewatch
    Founder of Paradoxical
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 4/5 EE
    Guild Site
    guild no longer active!

+ Reply to Thread