+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MoL back down to 350% from 500%

Default MoL back down to 350% from 500%

Warrior tanks pull off of me in 1-3 GCD's even when I get a 10 second head start, checked out my MoL tooltip and it says 350%... before 2.1 it was 500%

Probably an unintended side effect of some other change but just FYI, be carefull on mutli-tank fights until this is fixed.

if i'm not mistaken, most Warrior threat modifiers are 5x, and their attacks deal more damage in general ... so this would be rather unfortunate. Unless of course sufficient threat can be generated via over healing, which isn't nearly as efficient for the raid as dealing damage.

Champion of Telara

I have noticed this change in expert dungeons. Before I had zero issues holding threat, now i occasionally lose threat to a DPS. It was kind of rare though, can only think of two times. In a raiding environment, since DOL hits 10 people, this might be normalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post
    I have noticed this change in expert dungeons. Before I had zero issues holding threat, now i occasionally lose threat to a DPS. It was kind of rare though, can only think of two times. In a raiding environment, since DOL hits 10 people, this might be normalized.
    its not normalized, DoL is one of our weakest threat generators since 1.11

In the 10 man dungeon yesterday, couldn't keep a single trash mob on me even after getting a 10s headstart from the warrior tank.

Like I said, I can't imagine that this is a ninja nerf, it must be that an older version of the MoL skill somehow got reintroduced with another fix
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-14-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Prophet of Telara

ninja nerfs . We're used to that from our dev already, other news?

Rift Master

Meh, my fear is it took justicars over a year to be near perfect (minus the insane threat radius), it'll take longer to be fixed. Kinda regret getting the year sub now lol. I felt bad for warriors since SL, now I feel like its our turn :/ Me and my cleric tanking partner, we both have been repeatedly testing situations - and for no reason mobs will ignore our threat like MOL isn't even -there-.

Plane Walker

Is it possible that the bug increasing healing of some abilities(and apparently damage too) is also affecting aggro generation of warriors?

I haven't had any threat issues in dungeons against DPS except on occasions where some DPS starts unloading on the mob I don't have targetted while I'm still pulling.

Ascendant

I don't really see how you guys could think this wasn't intended, someone made the ability work different then went and edited the tooltip to have a lower number ?!?!

Soulwalker

I don't mind change for better or for worse, as long as I'm told about it.

The factual problem is going to arise when people begin to get better gear and there high DPS is going to cause over aggro issues.

I rotate DoL in to my sequences anyhow, knowing that it's weak I still like to feel I'm generating just that bit extra, however I did have a rogue in my group yesterday in some above average gear (for this stage of game and realise) and he was smashing out easy over 11k, pulling aggro from me on almost every trash pull.

Now, I just hit raid ready so I'm not brilliantly geared, but where is the line going to be drawn on if you should gear to tank, and where does the experience fit in. Three, four months down the line new players getting themselves to 60 and wanting to take the route of a tank are going to find it so frustrating. We play to have fun at the end of the day and not having fun is just lowering the reasoning to do it, and by that, lowering the reason to play the game its self.

A response to know the reasoning behind the issue would be nice along with reasoning against future proofing the problems that will be inevitably be caused.
    Last edited by Zaiaku; 12-14-2012 at 10:49 PM.

I used to have zero problems holding aggro. Now, in dungeons on almost every aoe pull I have to use taunts and chase mobs around to get threat back from dps.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
    Meh, my fear is it took justicars over a year to be near perfect (minus the insane threat radius), it'll take longer to be fixed. Kinda regret getting the year sub now lol. I felt bad for warriors since SL, now I feel like its our turn :/ Me and my cleric tanking partner, we both have been repeatedly testing situations - and for no reason mobs will ignore our threat like MOL isn't even -there-.
    This is exactly my experience. It's like in some cases, MoL is a -350% threat degenerator. Even doing 3x more damage than my testing partner, I could not maintain or regain threat. I've tried logging out/in, resetting the dungeon, etc. It's only happening in experts (classic or SL) or raids (classic was all I could test). Anything "normal" is not affected at all, including SL dungeons.
    Last edited by Organic; 12-20-2012 at 08:25 PM.

4pc set aggro is fine though. v0v
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

I am just coming back from a year break and this worries me. I am deciding which class I want to play and will most likely be tanking. If this is a actual change i'll probably go rogue.....
    There is 3 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count and those who can't.

Can you imagine the threat gain from reprieve at 500%...
    Get 4 piece bonus/pull with total assurance/use reprieve for instance wide threat.
    Any of these alone should work.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    Can you imagine the threat gain from reprieve at 500%...
    Get 4 piece bonus/pull with total assurance/use reprieve for instance wide threat.
    Any of these alone should work.
    Reprieve should NOT generate aggro, like Life's rapture and Touch of life for warrior should not too. Every time me (clerc tank) or the other tank (war tank) use this cd, the other have to taunt instantly, or the mobs just rush instantly the other, even if the fight have last 2-3mn.

This spell SHOULD NOT generate aggro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast