+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiler Support vs Defiler Healer

Rift Chaser

Default Defiler Support vs Defiler Healer

So far I've seen love for Defiler as both support and healer. I wanted to see where everyone stands with this currently. Personally, I feel that 40Defiler makes a good healer and 61Defiler makes a better support.

I also wanted to get some feedback on player's ideas of dealing damage as a defiler as a healer vs support because it seems like a lot of players are trying to main heal dungeons using damage spells to stack their Foul Growths.

Please refrain from trying to teach other players how to play the soul, as this thread is made to provoke discussion.

Soulwalker

I am partial to 61 defiler/9 Sentinel/6 Warden myself. Works for both heals or support. If your group is fine on heals, then do damage. If it needs heals, spam geyser while procing husk and foul growths on your links and still dealing damage. I usually will just let the FG stacks stay until I need to pop feedback or something. works pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsedemise View Post
    Please refrain from trying to teach other players how to play the soul, as this thread is made to provoke discussion.
    So uh...

I think that 61 defiler makes a good healer, too...I would say something about how using FG procs from DPS as a main healer is not efficient, but I don't wanna try to teach someone how to play...

61 defiler makes a great pvp healer...

Not sure what you want out of this thread. Did you just want a poll of who agrees or disagrees with you?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    So uh...

I think that 61 defiler makes a good healer, too...I would say something about how using FG procs from DPS as a main healer is not efficient, but I don't wanna try to teach someone how to play...

61 defiler makes a great pvp healer...

Not sure what you want out of this thread. Did you just want a poll of who agrees or disagrees with you?
    When I say try not to teach people how to play, I'm referring to those people that reply saying "You should be doing this" or "This spell is intended to do this".

My opinion on it doesn't really matter, but since there's been a lack of "How defiler can be used" threads, I figured that getting people to think outside the box in a public place could be really beneficial. I personally don't PVP, so I hadn't thought of the pros/cons of 61defiler. It'd be nice to see an actual debate and a little conceptual thinking rather than the usual monotony.

+ Reply to Thread