+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mien of Leadership bug?

Sword of Telara

Default Mien of Leadership bug?

The Tooltip now reads 350% threat bonus, instead of the pre-2.1 500%. Is this intentional? I was having a lot of trouble holding threat last night, so I was hoping this was just a tooltip error but that doesn't seem to be the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post
    The Tooltip now reads 350% threat bonus, instead of the pre-2.1 500%. Is this intentional? I was having a lot of trouble holding threat last night, so I was hoping this was just a tooltip error but that doesn't seem to be the issue.
    I had the opposite experience. With the change to reprieve...using it is now dangerous. When I hit that I pull aggro from anything that is not a cleric...and even then I pull from the cleric. It makes the spell somewhat unusable in raids.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Telaran

I've been having lots of issues with aoe threat with this change.
    Snack 60 Cleric@Wolfsbane

We had a minor issue last night with warrior tank pulling aggro off our cleric quite frequently. The cleric tank was off tanking the bird during the grand falconer fight. This has never ever been the issue prior to 2.1 in fact it was the opposite. Once our cleric tank adjusted he was able to keep aggro he just had to work a little hard at it is all.

For me it is still a bit early to build a strong opinion if this is a good thing or not. I think we just may have to adjust a bit and rely a little more on DoL for aggro instead of building and dumping convictions on hammer of faith and/or duty. may also have to reserve DoG for big hits and tie it in with TA so that we can reserve convictions for DoL/DoB to keep aggro. The days of salvation being enough for us to keep aggro appear to be long gone.

I know I have been becoming complacent with aggro just because it was so easy to get and keep. In fact I have been able to sit and sort my bags, build macros, and set up karuls while tanking because aggro was so ridiculously easy to keep.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isn’t a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Not at end game with my Cleric tank yet, but aggro does seem "good" but not easy-mode like before. I've found myself more in line with my Warrior tanking in terms of threat. Which is a constant button clicking bonanza to obtain and keep threat against those high dps folks or other tanks for certain mechanics.

Still working on a rotation/priority since the change to better optimize threat vs. survivability. If anyone has come across or devised a working formula let me know!

Really enjoying the Cleric tanking and unless something changes for the worst at end game he is replacing my Warrior tank for oh so many reasons.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Sword of Telara

All I want to know if this is intentional or not. I'm not trying to make a point of whether Cleric, Rogue, or Warrior threat is comparable to each other.

Zibnik, is Mien of Leadership only showing 350% threat bonus going to stay? Or is this some tooltip error and I'm now just horrible at holding threat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Telaran

I am pretty sure this was talked about and said directly by Zinbik the day or the day after SL went live that a MOL change was coming and it just didn't make the final patch. Its intentional and as of right now really does not change much. I have 0 issue holding threat. Its just more inline now though we will see how it plays out as gear progresses
    Last edited by Gile; 12-13-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    I am pretty sure this was talked about and said directly by Zinbik the day or the day after SL went live that a MOL change was coming and it just didn't make the final patch. Its intentional and as of right now really does not change much. I have 0 issue holding threat. Its just more inline now though we will see how it plays out as gear progresses
    Guile - Mind sharing what you open/engage with to ensure super solid aggro in raid environments? Along with sustained?

Loving the Cleric tanking, but I am far more accustomed to Warrior/Rogue tanking so any feedback is appreciated.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    We had a minor issue last night with warrior tank pulling aggro off our cleric quite frequently. The cleric tank was off tanking the bird during the grand falconer fight. This has never ever been the issue prior to 2.1 in fact it was the opposite. Once our cleric tank adjusted he was able to keep aggro he just had to work a little hard at it is all.
    Well, that happened after the Warrior switched specs and asked the cleric to go easy in tells.
    Last edited by Perros_The_Second; 12-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Rift Master

Our threat was out of control for awhile, until with SL - it wasn't bad because they lowered the radius of to how far you generate threat from you. Which means, you couldn't pull threat everywhere but at the same time all 3 classes had very equal threat (depending on specs)- now with last night's patch, cleric threat isn't even working half the time. Mobs are just running all over, they ignore your melee abilities, the heals, and sometimes even taunts. Several of us were discussing how messed up our experts have been since Wednesday. The only way to ensure mobs right now even look at you is to get close as possible, hit reprieve and pray. I hope they seriously look into the broke cleric threat or least revert the changes. Please seriously look into the cleric threat, its bugged and what's the point of playing if its broken?

I am having to use Hammer of Faith and Hammer of Faith to maintain agro... those convics use to go to help aoe heal... now I have to pick between agro and 20% damage reduction and no threat.

It needs boosted a bit, 400-425... one Tyranny of Death burst from a cabby shouldnt rip agro off of mobs i have used 1 HoF and Righteous Imperative on...

Plus all of that Salvation over healing going through the party... and DoL is **** for agro now.. I have to pop 4-5 even 6-7 to get agro off of strays and even then I cant get them...

Something has gone astray, somewhere, I dont see warrior or rogue tanks having issues like this when I dps. But every cleric i have to wait or have a CC ready so they can re-agro if i blow a cd.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” Blaise Pascal

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
    Our threat was out of control for awhile, until with SL - it wasn't bad because they lowered the radius of to how far you generate threat from you. Which means, you couldn't pull threat everywhere but at the same time all 3 classes had very equal threat (depending on specs)- now with last night's patch, cleric threat isn't even working half the time. Mobs are just running all over, they ignore your melee abilities, the heals, and sometimes even taunts. Several of us were discussing how messed up our experts have been since Wednesday. The only way to ensure mobs right now even look at you is to get close as possible, hit reprieve and pray. I hope they seriously look into the broke cleric threat or least revert the changes. Please seriously look into the cleric threat, its bugged and what's the point of playing if its broken?
    I've had the same thing happen to me i almost feel like the warriors did before the patch pls for the love of all things clerics fix this pls

Quote Originally Posted by Toti View Post
    I am having to use Hammer of Duty and Hammer of Faith to maintain agro... those convics use to go to help aoe heal... now I have to pick between agro and 20% damage reduction and no threat.
    ops double posted faith and didnt realize before my time expired sorry for double post.
    Last edited by Toti; 12-14-2012 at 03:19 AM.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” Blaise Pascal

Not a bug. Prior to 2.1, threat management as a cleric tank was not really something anyone thought about. You just held aggro. Seldom would there be a peel, that required a 10s CD threat tool. There were hardly any threat emergencies, and there was no detailed discussion and analysis on maximizing threat rotations.

Now that the MoL has been brought in line (still better than any threat tool that the Rogue or Warrior currently have), some clerics are having issues keeping threat, because they never really learned how to do it in the first place. We have 3 cleric tanks in our guild, and all three of them were surprised with the threat change. 2 of them adapted, coming from other tank callings, the other 1 QQed all night. After the last tank learned a better threat rotation, they are holding threat without problems, and they still say that threat management is easier with their cleric tank than with a Warrior or Rogue tank.
    Last edited by Renshai; 12-14-2012 at 07:24 AM.

This issue + DoL nerf made the first few 5mans post 2.1 painful for the DPS and myself. I'm still able to maintain aggro, but not comfortably. I should also say that I'm even more concerned when I get the higher DPS players. Loving the change to Reprieve and DoG, but MoL should be tuned a little higher.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast