+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I reading this right? (Shaman)

Champion of Telara

Default Am I reading this right? (Shaman)

SHAMAN
    * SHAMAN
    * Furious Assault: Now a toggled buff with 15 second cooldown - reduces global cooldown by 0.5 seconds, mana costs by 35%, and damage done by 17%.
    So we get 1s GCD permanently (provided we don't go OOM), but the damage is reduced by 17%...

Will this solve the ST DPS issues shaman faces?

Hard to say but I can't wait to do some testing. Heck even if damage remained equal I would enjoy having a more responsive feel of a permanent 1sec gcd so I will enjoy it either way.

edit: on a side note, the first changes I saw were abilities for 3 other souls being removed from the gcd so I got excited and scrolled down to shaman looking for jolt to also be removed from gcd but no =(
    Last edited by Iksander; 12-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Champion of Telara

It will definitely make the rotation much more complicated... No more back and forth 3-button consistent DPS (which wasn't optimal, but pretty close). You'll have to separate Jolt, separate Eruption of Life, separate Lightning Hammer, Vex might be a DPS increase.

Will be interesting to test this later. Anyone have any insight that has already tested?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    So we get 1s GCD permanently (provided we don't go OOM), but the damage is reduced by 17%...

Will this solve the ST DPS issues shaman faces?
    I read that to and was like...WTF. I wonder if that was a mistake.

oh god.... theorycrafting senses TINGLING

you pve geeks are seriously asking is this a buff?!!?!??
    so insted of hitting someone for 100 every 1.5 sec you are hitting them for 83 every 1?
    you dont even have to be a math major to see this is a huge buff for pve'rs. it only takes 3 seconds to pull ahead!!!
    for us pvpers I wont really be using this and building a sigil on all crit POWER.

but for pve? oh heck yeah. it also gives you more chances to proc jolt
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Rift Disciple

^lol

Fourtyfour

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    so insted of hitting someone for 100 every 1.5 sec you are hitting them for 83 every 1?
    you dont even have to be a math major to see this is a huge buff for pve'rs. it only takes 3 seconds to pull ahead!!!
    for us pvpers I wont really be using this and building a sigil on all crit POWER.

You're forgetting that it gives us a faster recast on Massive Blow.

Let's do some very simple theory crafting, for PVE. I do about 4500 a swing on Crushing Blow. In a minute, I can get off 40 back to back. That's 180,000 damage in a minute.

If you take this buff, I'll be doing (Again, assuming it's just a flat reduction) 3735 damage a swing. I can get of course 60 swings on this. In a minute, I'll be doing 224,100.

Just comparing the two, that's about a 700 DPS difference. At raw numbers, this is fantastic. Everyone will see a massive boost in DPS due to increased critical hits, increased massive blows, and less build time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Yes, good up of Sham.

Want to see if we will be able to run a sham spec in raids. (Melee friendly or not and Clinging Spirit issue (in general 1 dps spot for 5 clerics, maybe if there will be a permanent defiler))
    Outsides of Raids, it will be good to play Sham in Dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post

Assuming it is only being tested against a previous 61 shm build. That's not what I use so I will need to test it against 51 and 54 builds both st and ae. And I'm pretty sure you're the geek since you make a distinction of status depending on whether or not a person strictly pvp's in an mmo. You assume quite a lot detective mathwiz @$$hat.
    Last edited by Iksander; 12-12-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iksander View Post
    detective mathwiz @$$hat.
    butthurt? 10char

Quote Originally Posted by hziulquoigmnzhah View Post
    butthurt? 10char
    He's just sayin' what everybody is thinkin'

Champion of Telara

What I'm wondering is things like toggling to improve DPS... (oh joy!). Say you have your macro:

#show Massive Blow
    cancelbuff Furious Assault
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Furious Assault

Now you just did a Massive Blow with 1.5s GCD that was 17% more powerful than if you had left the buff active, and turned the buff back on. The 15s CD makes this hard to do, and could make it a DPS loss, but it might be a big way to buff DPS or even burst damage for PvP if you link all your cooldowns up at 1s GCD, then turn it off and pop MB...

Food for thought.

Using a lazy macro, i got a 450-600 dps increase.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Using a lazy macro, i got a 450-600 dps increase.
    I demand a non-lazy guide!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast