+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Struggling to Level 50-60 Cleric Need Advice

Rift Chaser

Default Struggling to Level 50-60 Cleric Need Advice

So I have gone through more builds than I can count and I end up with the following two scenarios.

#1 I am so fragile that I can literally only race burn down 1 mob at a time: Deep Inquisitor
    #2 I am so over durable and do so little damage that it takes me seriously longer than a minute to kill mobs.
    Builds suffering from this are a druid/justicar and justicar/inquis (old duracell type build)

I have yet to really wrap my head around the Defiler and I don't know if that might be a better way to consider going but I am really struggling with the cleric right now and any advice or build links would be great. Or even if you know of a good guide thread to link im game for anything at this point.

Plane Walker

22 Justicar rest in Druid. 50-55 use the tank pet 55+ switch to Seer pet with the aoe one remember the seer aoe dps buff is a buff not a togglable ability. So dont right click it.

Look at the Just Seer build in the guides section. Seriously this is the best level spec for clerics. Defiler is fun to run but its slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/avatars/djinn.gif
    Don't use drugs. Stay in school. It's cool to follow the rules!
    Last edited by Pork Star; 12-12-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Ascendant

try inquisitor or shaman even with enough defiler to get the improved beacon (chance to apply foul growth with damaging abilities.) then throw your beacon out at mobs and burn them down. if your beacon takes a beating, foul growth will be sitting on it from your damage abilities. just toss a loathsome restoration on the beacon and BAM full health again. Put siphon vitality into your rotation to provide some self heals cause you will take some damage from the link to the beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    What a jerk.

To answser your question, I recommend a build heavy in inquisitor, with the rest of your points in healing souls. Purifier is a nice 0 point soul soul thanks to the absorb that it gives you. Sentinel is what I used for the other soul, because it gives you 10% more SP and an endurance buff, plus HB and subtle invocation for really tough situations.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    If you can zoom in on it far enough the needle has a World of Warcraft logo on it..

I started using the Just Seer and then created a Cabby/Defiler for variety.

Like the earlier poster said, the Just Seer is solid and should take you through to 60 quite capably. One tip is to de-select the Greater Satyr Protector's AoE Sweep when you're attacking single targets as their Single Target attack does more damage but gets bumped out of the rotation by the Sweep.

Also, put your mandate on the tank pet and it becomes very hard to kill. I could pull three to five mobs one to two levels higher than I was and burn them down using the tank pet.

The defiler build is useful for Onslaughts and high density zones where you can pull a number of mobs easily. Some spots around City Core / Strozza had high skinnable mob densities and I used this build to farm them quite successfully.
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Telaran

I struggled with finding a build I enjoy levelling with. I was so used to playing Inquisitor or Cabby builds pre-SL. My cleric is the second character I'm levelling to 60 and I'm enjoying the playstyle of the Shaman/Defiler build in the linked thread. I only use the beacon when I want, or accidentally get, 3 or more mobs and I'm usually levelling in areas 1 to 2 levels higher than my character.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ing-build.html

Use the Just seer build untill lvl 45 /w the tanking pet.

Once you hit lvl 46 mobs, you will feel slooooooow as dirt.

In the higher lvls, mobs are more spread out, and take longer to kill

Change to this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xcbMf00z.M.-11

on this build change the pet to healer.

your killing speed will go up.

I use this as a macro

cast Rage of the north
    Cast Combined Effort
    Cast Massive Blow
    Cast Bolt of Radiance
    Cast Crushing Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp

Then when you hit lvl 56 change the macro to:

cast Rage of the north
    Cast Combined Effort
    Cast Massive Blow
    Cast Bolt of Radiance
    Cast icy Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp

and as you lvl just keep adding points to shaman

between the fairy, salvation and glory of the chosen, you can solo anything.

you can still do aoe ( i suggest avalanche strike) its just slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    You seem to be making excuses for bad changes. Cleric version of battered wife syndrome.

I used a Justicar/Shaman build for a while, but eventually moved on to a Druid one.

Once you hit 54-55 AoE farming simply isn't as efficient as it once was, focusing on Single Target killing with some aoe capabilities and survivability is key. That's where Druid comes in.

Presently for all questing purposes I use 61 Druid/Inq/Sham, and make use of the Healing pet. This pet actually makes a better tank than the tank pet in my experience.

Give it a shot, you may find exactly what you're looking for.
    Last edited by nemecis; 12-12-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

5 inq, 10 shammy, 61 druid.....at all times make sure u have max pnts in druid as u level. USE tanking pet exclusively as you get your max dps output from hitting from behind. For multi-pulls turn off the tanks single target attack. There is literally is not a spot on the map where I can pull enough mobs that i cant handle (exception elites). Was 57 in SoI and pulled everything in range.

A safer variant...which i also used during leveling was 16 just, 60 druid. Maintain RM on tank pet and when he needs heals swing EJ, otherwise wildstrike. With this even elite packs are very doable. Elite vent packs are still an issue, but elite planar packs are cake.

Druidicar works for me.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

I would recommend druid or defiler. I played both and they are durable and do decent dps to solo. I would recommend defiler though because You could easily take out four mobs at a time. You need to be aware of Your beasons health though but generally once You trigger its foul growth its up to max health again.... I played both but really prefered the defiler since it has better healing capacity.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jamgar View Post
    I would recommend druid or defiler. I played both and they are durable and do decent dps to solo. I would recommend defiler though because You could easily take out four mobs at a time. You need to be aware of Your beasons health though but generally once You trigger its foul growth its up to max health again.... I played both but really prefered the defiler since it has better healing capacity.
    Could you post a link to the build you like?

Telaran

I've been having a blast and chewing through mobs soloing with full defiler. At lvl 55, if I can find a crowded area, I can pull 8-12 mobs onto my beacon, alternate aoe damage with as much beacon healing as is needed, and in 30 seconds or so, you are good to go to the next group.

The other trick I like is that you can pull mobs farther with the beacon. Once a mob is aggroed to your beacon, it seems to ignore the original radius with which it would leash back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast