+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sezhe
  • 1 Post By TriX

Thread: what are others using as a dungeon healing spec?

Telaran

Default what are others using as a dungeon healing spec?

Just wondering what others are using for healing dungeons or what is the most popular build. links to these would be great thanks

Telaran

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ling-spec.html

Fairly simple, keep up Sun and spam Ward of Fire. Healing Breath when it's off CD and you need a few k burst heal.
    Plenty of emergency CDs.

Telaran

Thanks! Still curious to see what others are using I'm using a ward sent spec better for ape heals but it works

I mainly run 61p sent / 15p puri and it works quite well.

Other then that, I'm playing around with a insta-cast heal spec. based on Defiler insta. heals and with AoE cleanse from sentinel and so on.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p...U8lhhk4iw/m8xE
    I havent tested it fully yet. It require a different playstyle, where you need to reaaply explosiwe growth up fort, so you are ready to burst heal with Loathsome Restoration.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ........... Whatever ..............

Champion

My main spec is not heals, but i have healed a handful of experts if im tired of waiting for the que and dont have guildees to fill the group up. The only spec i have used is 48warden/28 sentinel, and have had no issues.

61 defiler / 15 sentinel / 0 purifier. I have no issues solo-healing 90% of expert dungeon bosses, even with a new-ish tank. I have only drops, as all my stones & marks have been spent on tanking gear (SP around 4k buffed).

I now solo heal all fights w 61 sent /12 warden /3 puri. You have a lot of cooldowns, huge nukes, ok aoe, and plenty of buffs. Start the fights with your group shielded, throw more shields and your aoe hot up before an aoe phase and you are good to go. Between all the cd's our rogue tank and I have, there is no reason for him to die. mdps on the other hand...
    "You're prostituting yourself out for cheeseburgers again, aren't you?"

I've tried puri, and warden. But 61 Sent 15 puri seems to be the go to right now. now that Marked by the light is off GCD Its much easier to keep it up and keep dps alive with that Healing Breath's passive, and Enraptured Breath self buff.

now... when dps get stupid and stand in stuff... tank starts to fall but you can easily burst back up with any invocation.

The reason i dont like puri is because you dont have many actual 'Healing' abilities, unless your bubbles are big enough the dps will still drop and so will the tank due to long cast times.

and people that can keep the main tank up with warden, Props... I cant do that and i have 4ksp.
    Last edited by Toti; 12-14-2012 at 03:35 AM.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. Blaise Pascal

Shadowlander

I just tried piri in a reg. No dice.

From what I've seen, deep (61 point) sent is pretty much it as far as dungeon healing goes until one gets at least a good chunk of a set of raiding purples. Now to experiment with either 15 pur, or 15 warden.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Celodar View Post
    I just tried piri in a reg. No dice.

From what I've seen, deep (61 point) sent is pretty much it as far as dungeon healing goes until one gets at least a good chunk of a set of raiding purples. Now to experiment with either 15 pur, or 15 warden.
    Just plain false. I have 0 raid gear (only dungeon gear) and have healed every single expert encounter with a 54 puri build, on my own no support.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-14-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Puri is perfectly viable in Experts, it just requires a different playstyle, and proceeding knowledge of the fights and mechanics.

That being said, I go 61 Sentinel/8 Purifier/7 Defiler for 5 mans and it's the business.

this is the build i use solo healing all experts : http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q...4/pp2Gxow/m8xU

i have around 4,9k SP and rarely have any problems healing alone, unless the tank is a bit lower geared. But then i just Go Defiler

61 sent and 54-58 puri are both perfectly capable of healing experts. With sent you need to be on your toes at all times and ready to burn cooldowns, with puri you need to be proactive and keep shields on everyone at all times and keep ward of fire up on the tank even if he's not taking damage. Also put flashover+latent blaze on people whenever it's up and use spiritual conflagration liberally, it's your one reactive cooldown. Use healing breath or healing flare to apply the 7% damage reduction and caregiver's blessing instantly to anyone about to take damage.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-16-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

I'm using 61 sent as well and find it really good for experts. I go puri with my extra points so I can have a symbol to use on that one guy that charges and one shots people with low health/who aren't experienced.
    "No need to apologize for DRANK NIGHT. Whatever happens on DRANK NIGHT, we just make fun of you for the next day." -Sole

+ Reply to Thread