+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stil not understanding the class leveling system - Level 30 CAB/INQ/JUS

Default Stil not understanding the class leveling system - Level 30 CAB/INQ/JUS

I've read numerous guides on class/soul leveling and a lot of them talk about being able to buy additional souls...which does not seem to be available anymore. Now, I admit I've just recently resubscribed to rift and i had hoped there would be some changes but now I am just lost.

At about level 25 I was no longer able to level up on my spell/rankings - only purchase new roles or reset the current ones.

Would some kind person please help tell me what my next steps are? Right now I'm just sticking talent points as direccted by the game.

It's not availble because its not needed anymore, its automatic. same with purchasing new souls, you already have them all at level 1 automatically.

so now you can just level up and put your points into whatever souls you want

your 3 choices of souls are not permanent though, you can respec at the trainer at any time and pick 3 new ones. you can also have up to 5 saved specs that you can swap between at any time out of combat, each of these specs can have any combination of 3 souls with all your availble points to spend as you wish.

edit: also this thread should be in the cleric discussion forum, the guide forum is for guides, it's alright i'm sure a mod will move it
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-10-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    I've read numerous guides on class/soul leveling and a lot of them talk about being able to buy additional souls...which does not seem to be available anymore. Now, I admit I've just recently resubscribed to rift and i had hoped there would be some changes but now I am just lost.

At about level 25 I was no longer able to level up on my spell/rankings - only purchase new roles or reset the current ones.

Would some kind person please help tell me what my next steps are? Right now I'm just sticking talent points as direccted by the game.
    Any guide talking about purchasing or doing quests for souls are quite out of date, you get them all for free now. You do purchase additional roles (builds) though.

They removed training of abilities in the last patch, they automatically train up when you level now. That's probably what happened when you got to level 25.

Going with the prebuilt purposes is a good way to get familiar with the souls. Make sure to purchase additional roles as you get the money to do so, and try new things. For soloing you want a build with a combination of damage and survivability, the more specialized roles are designed for groups.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these so quickly....I thought I was losing my mind. Maybe a kind mod would move this and point to the relavant guide talking about the current talent point system.

What still needs to be clarified?

Quote Originally Posted by Alessar View Post
    What still needs to be clarified?
    For the benefit of others who are wondering the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread