+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best starting heal spec?

Shadowlander

Default Best starting heal spec?

Been looking through the guides but can't find any "lvling" heal specs. What would the best spec to use pre 50 dungeons? I'm guessing Sentinal with a splash of warden?

sentinel or warden. The "Lodestar" spec from the preview tree would prolly work fine for leveling content up to 50.
    Wrek 9/9 2/4
    Retired

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    sentinel or warden. The "Lodestar" spec from the preview tree would prolly work fine for leveling content up to 50.
    Alright, how about pvp?

best starting heal spec for pve is purifier. dont worry about ANYTHING ELSE, just keep pressing the long cast heal button and targeting the tank.

for pvp? just put as much warden as you can .. you wont keep anyone alive and you wont be able to keep yourSELF alive but you cant play a warden badly. just use every cooldown you have one after another.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    best starting heal spec for pve is purifier. dont worry about ANYTHING ELSE, just keep pressing the long cast heal button and targeting the tank.

for pvp? just put as much warden as you can .. you wont keep anyone alive and you wont be able to keep yourSELF alive but you cant play a warden badly. just use every cooldown you have one after another.
    Sentinel is much better, to be honest. Before the nerf to AoE heals came into effect, I found Warden to be very good at lower levels. 4SS plus HS plus HF was enough to keep the tank up for the most part, and then you had the awesome AoE stuff. However, this may not be true any longer, after Warden beatings.

Sentinel can also stay alive really well pre-50 (having issues now, but I know it's a gear thing... 55s and up have better than ID level gear, and I have FAR FAR worse). There are so many cooldowns that I find I can use them excessively and still have them when I need them. Especially in the 40-49 bracket. The myriad cooldowns also allow for more mistakes in a dungeon, so I'd say full sent, rest Warden for the slight AoE boost.

I found Defiler to be superb at the first 2 warfronts since they use a delayed damage mechanic that Defiler nicely counteracts. I'm talking to keep Fang and Rune Vessel carriers up.

+ Reply to Thread