+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: mage posting in cleric forums... OH NO!!!

Ascendant

Default mage posting in cleric forums... OH NO!!!

So i know pre SL alot of clerics were QQing their eyes out because the defiler reveal was after a beta. I didnt sympathize with you then, and i still feel the same. My question to you, after seeing a few "all hail zinbik" threads, do you believe this QQ and drama about going to be more broke than ever was justified?

I think people should stop thinking of themselves as a certain class and should instead simply think of themselves as a Rift player.

Still feel the very same way i felt about when I first saw defiler, when I tested defiler, when the reveal of the defiler can after beta, and now that I've used defiler.

It's unnecessary and should be made a full dps soul.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Still feel the very same way i felt about when I first saw defiler, when I tested defiler, when the reveal of the defiler can after beta, and now that I've used defiler.

It's unnecessary and should be made a full dps soul.
    Looking to trade 1 defiler soul for 1 harbringer soul, will throw in Druid soul for free.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

It would be a wonderful DPS soul, it would make an acceptable support soul, it's honestly a terrible healing soul for all but the best players, and for them there are better choices. So my feeling is (and I wasn't part of any QQ) it's fun to solo with but superfluous. I doubt there would ever be a raid spot made for a defiler.

Work could be done to assist with healing, indications about foul growth and links, possibly changing a few cooldowns around and adding an AOE cleanse that might rescue it, but transitioning it into Support or just Full ranged DPS seems a viable option too.
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-08-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

5 minute timer... I need to add, as it stands the defiler is incredibly broken in my eyes. It takes a lot of work to do things while keeping your foul growth up and tracking your links. If you do that work it's amazing, but there are too many things that can stop you with it.

My rogues tactician merged in with tanking soul, in one combination or the other is a brilliant build, my Mage's harbringer just mows through mobs like a hot knife through butter. Warriors, well, they are suffering a rather large bug

...but Clerics have been handed something that seems rushed and very unfinished.

I hope the Devs put more work into it, I really do.
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-08-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

does this thread have a point other than to stir people up?

which btw is also against the ToS

Plane Touched

I mainly do PVP, and I find full Defiler to be quite strong, mainly because of explsive growth, bounds, and unstable transformation : self heal is quite good and it can provide interesting DPS with well timer unholy nexus spreading.

But above all, I really love the gameplay of this soul. Pure hybrid support soul, which can be played in a lot of different way and purpose, and requires interesting managment and awarness.

But it is true that IMO full inq, full warden and full sentinel are still a bit more usefull. I would not run defiler being the only healer for example. Its mana efficient healing mode is too weak IMO.

I really think the Cleric healing souls (in PVP) are very well designed in the meaning that they all have a different purpose and gameplay. I don't speak of purifier, I have never liked it and I have not tried recently.

At the end of the day, defiler is basically useless for anything other then tank mitigation. It may of been designed as a flex soul, but its honestly not needed the majority of the time. In solo play its no better then a variety of other soul combinations. In 5 man play its unnecessary. In raid play its only required at particular times and on particular encounters.

Now im not saying its useless as in... you cant make it work for a variety of things... or that it cant be used in combination with other souls. What i am saying is that take this soul away from a cleric and it feels like nothing changes in terms of what we bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Looking to trade 1 defiler soul for 1 harbringer soul, will throw in Druid soul for free.
    This, trade now!
    See you all in Wildstar!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    This, trade now!
    But then, what about our awesome soloing? Mages solo well with a harb/chloro hybrid, right? What would we hybrid with? Defiler chloro has the potential to be sexy awesome though, unless I'm stupid. Healing version of Inqy? I think yes.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    So i know pre SL alot of clerics were QQing their eyes out because the defiler reveal was after a beta. I didnt sympathize with you then, and i still feel the same. My question to you, after seeing a few "all hail zinbik" threads, do you believe this QQ and drama about going to be more broke than ever was justified?
    I kept out of all that pretty much, the Defiler soul doesn't really do much for me as a whole still and Damage on the Cleric imho isn't all that exciting. It seems like range DPS has more uses in the game which limits the use of some souls. Inquisitor is ok but it's a bit bland.

For me personally I think the reason things are a little different now is because Trion actually have made some changes to things that used to be really annoying. Things like the healing faerie not targeting people outside the group for heals, they finally fixed that and now I can actually play Druid in a Raid Rift or world event etc, I don't have to ask to be moved around in groups or anything like that.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-08-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Yeah, now I re-read his question, this is a troll. And it's a sad troll on a sad topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeorge View Post
    But then, what about our awesome soloing? Mages solo well with a harb/chloro hybrid, right?
    Right now before 2.1 hits we could be talking about having icons on names in world, or on raid frames that show who has your links and where the foul growth has. What can be done to reduce the key spam you must keep up so you can single fire off all your cures and so on. Fixing the API so that beacon is recognised as a pet by addons and so forth. We know that unless you are 100% on the ball when soloing, get every gcd in perfect rotation the mobs your beacon hold will be on you before you can blink.

How many times I've died soloing when I have to say "hang on" to a friend. >.<

The class can be fixed, it could have been fixed before 2.0 release if there were time to get into it.

Now though, with people actively playing it, is the time for our dev to be in here talking to us.
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-08-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Eh, i like current druid. Its very flexible and its dps is nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Eh, i like current druid. Its very flexible and its dps is nothing to scoff at.
    And yet serves absolutely NO purpose outside of slow solo play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast