+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to survive a Rogue attack?

Soulwalker

Default How to survive a Rogue attack?

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the game, I have leveled basically to 60 in warfronts with a bit of pve content but I find myself completely helpless when it comes to rogues. I am always in heal spec, but rogues port in on me, stun me, then basically just waste me in 3 seconds or less. It takes no apparent effort on their part, and if I do get lucky and happen to have a CC cooldown available, and I pop all my "saves" it still only takes slightly longer than that. I have a 61 Sent/15 Puri/ 0 Warden spec, a 61 Defiler/15 Sentinel/0 Puri spec, and a full warden spec. None of these seem to be able to hold off a rogue, especially the warden. The only one I have had much success with is the Defiler, but it only saves me for a precious few seconds longer and I end up dead unless my group can get them off me in time, and its not the ideal spec for most situations.
    So what I am asking is for any specs/tricks/advice that any of you have that you have found success with. Im not interested in those who are going to say "learn to play" because thats why I am here. I know a lot of you guys have much more time than I do and have been able to actually crunch numbers and test things to a level that Im not capable of, and I appreciate any advice that you can offer. I guess I feel like if I am in full heal spec, with laughable damage, shouldn't I be able to at least keep myself alive against ONE dps class, at least for a little while? Again thanks for your input.

Against an assassin/riftstalker heal yourself like mad and run to help. Usually the calvary will dogpile the rogue and make him vanish out.

An assassin considers escape a win, so making him take that exit will save you. An assassin can push the fight to the very last second and still escape, dots will not pop him for 15 seconds so he has plenty of time to riftstalk away in stealth and med somewhere.

I don't play NB/RS so I don't know what a visible class does against those. But Sin/RS will try to win or escape. Don't try to kill him, try to make him give up.
    Last edited by LeCreaux; 12-07-2012 at 10:12 PM.

You get another rogue to kill it.

Ascendant

Assassins are extremely strong if that is the build you're referring to - never get caught alone.

Make a point of asking people to protect you - dps and others who protect their healers are far more likely to receive healing!

Don't stand still unless you have a ton of hard casts which are likely to save you - kite into your teammates and stuff.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

there is never a counter for the current patches FOTM spec/class.

welcome to rift
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

This doesn't really help your predicament for a heal spec, but I was in a BG the other day playing 54 Shaman/12 Inquisitor/4 Druid. When a full Assassin jumped me, I would use Rage of the North>Frozen Wrath>Whatever that stun is called> Massive Blow> Rush of Strength> Icy Blow> Massive Blow> Glacial Strike. I would easily annihilate him before he could kill me as long as Break Free was up.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

The thing to always remember is that PvP is rock/paper/scissors. Everybody has a nemesis.

You need to do what you can to run towards others so they can kill him for you.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

never go alone when you think theres a sin in the wf nearby, chances are hes going for the blue bars first so just stick to the dps and pray they pay attention and cc him off you

61 defiler n /lol
    Wrek 9/9 2/4
    Retired

Shadowlander

Is there a way to avoid the non-combat stun, or to mitigate the effect?

What about a way to make invisible characters detectable? Anything?

PVP damage reflect, haste and vigilance
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

+ Reply to Thread