+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Thankyou, Zinbik!

Default Thankyou, Zinbik!

Just wanted to take a moment to thank Zinbik for the hard work he has done overhauling our class to the point where we have very few complains compared to the rest of the classes. Mages are rife with bugs, rogues are unhappy with some aspects of their new soul, and warriors... I don't think I need to describe the pain it is to be a warrior right now. But Zinbik, even though it felt like he abandoned us at one point about our dps and being unresponsive at times, has really come through for us in this expansion.

He has also been addressing the (very few) problems we could find in a prompt and comical way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    You know what? Nevermind. In the spirit of Fae Yule, Reprieve will be an off GCD 100% heal on the Cleric and 50% of the Cleric's max health on the target of Righteous Mandate. (Cut those values by 50% in PvP.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Not exactly intended, but a very difficult problem to solve based on how it's set up. As far as making it a toggle, maybe if I got a consensus here in preference of it simply being a toggle.
    So thank you Zinbik. I went into this expansion dreading what clerics might look like after the overhauls, but I'm very happy with your work and look forward to what you're going to bring us in the future.

EDIT: Other clerics/callings feel free to add your own thanks onto this post, but please try to keep it positive.

P.S. Please look at AoE healing numbers? Warden feels weird because it's very cooldown-centric.
    Last edited by Deviancy; 12-07-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    |Cleric||<Everlasting Vendetta>||Greybriar|

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings. ~Daglar

I agree. Zinbik's aptitude at his job and awesome posting style has been a huge factor in my continuing to play my cleric and Rift in general. He deserves to be "showered with kisses".
    Last edited by Pork Star; 12-07-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    I agree. Zinbik's aptitude at his job and awesome posting style has been a huge factor in my continuing to play my cleric and Rift in general. He deserves to be "showered with kisses".
    I'm not kissing him...

But he is a good Dev (coming from a guy who plays all 4 classes regularly and hangs out on the forum of the class he's playing at any given time).
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Ascendant

Weird... i only thought you trolled the forums. ;)

At OP, only change to your statement is about mages. Yea there are some bugs but i dont know any mage that is actually complaining about it. There is a thread for constructive notification of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Weird... i only thought you trolled the forums. ;)
    I only troll people who deserve it or appreciate it. Gotta do something at work
    Last edited by Pork Star; 12-07-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Bit late to change the thing about mages, but yeah Kerbik is also awesome. But mages are buggy, and hard work is being done to fix that.
    |Cleric||<Everlasting Vendetta>||Greybriar|

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    Bit late to change the thing about mages, but yeah Kerbik is also awesome. But mages are buggy, and hard work is being done to fix that.
    A lot of the bugs with mages tend to come from things quite unique to the class, such as Burning Fury and the various ways you can proc *any ability* to become instant cast ;)

I very much like what has been done with both classes in the expansion, pretty much every soul is relevant in some way, this took a bit more restructuring when it came to Cleric healing but the outcome is pretty awesome.

I just wish other class devs would set up a bugs thread like Kervik, it really helps get some attention to simple QoL fixes as well as more major bugs without them getting obscured by pages of discussion that doesn't really matter.

Every class lead should have an active thread to see what they are currently fixing and what are known bugs. It should be updated as tasks are given to them through feedback and when they completed something to put into a patch. No reason not to have it up so that people know what is going on and that their feedback is being heard. I have submitted 30-40 feedbacks and bug reports and only noticed 2 of them are fixed. There should also be a general game play listing for bugs that are in work or known about for the rest of the game. These threads should be locked to the public for posting, but viewable to all so we know when to stop submitting reports about stuff.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Ascendant

I only troll people who deserve it or appreciate it. Gotta do something at work
    That is among one of the best reasons to troll. I must say, i did like your previous picture bettrr.

Soulwalker

I'd like to thank Zinbik for being more communicative in general, in comparison to when I first started playing last year -- granted, he could've been very busy, but it's always frustrating when you see other callings' devs respond to posts but never your own.

If I have one complaint with clerics, it's that we don't really get some of the more "fun"-designed talents of the other callings, but it does seem to spare us from some nasty bugs/complex interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    That is among one of the best reasons to troll. I must say, i did like your previous picture bettrr.
    The star or the goat? Mods removed the other star because religion.

Not sure i agree with the thread about Zib being awesome, i have to say though, compared to the other devs, he is the lucky one, for getting the most docile and understanding players, the cleric population in general doesnt whine and qq nearly as much as the other classes, we just take what we get and hope Zib knows what hes doing and leave it at that .
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Yep, cheers for taking away -icar specs, we really didn't like raidhealing wit them at all

This is a troll right?

Where is he right now as we find out how bad the defiler is?
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

This post makes me lol.

While I will admit clerics are in a lot better place then they have been there are still quite a few things with our souls that need to be addressed.

Fist off I'm pretty sure Daglar is the one we can thank for making Reprieve a 100% heal.

Now most of our healing souls(with the exception of Defiler) are pretty well off, some could use some tweaks here or there, but over all they're relatively well off and viable in some aspect or another. Justicar with the pending changes is also very well off (Divine Right could use some... rethinking).

However Premonition in Purifier is very lackluster for being a 61 point ability; Sign of Anticipation could come down the tree some to make it more accessible to other healing trees since I highly doubt any deep Purifier build would use it over Sign of Faith (or give us a talent that lets us have two signs up at once). Rising Tides and Dangers of the Deep in Warden are a bit clunky and situational in most practical raid settings.

Druid is (still) not where it should be and Shaman is almost crippled in any fight with movement.

Then there's Defiler. Where do we even start with this? 61 point ability: Amazing. 25% and 20% links: almost a necessity for fights like Crucia. However it's survivabilty on fights like this is terrible. I've seen Defiler die quit often during orbitals on Crucia or other similar heavy raid+tank damage situations. Far to often I see a Defiler just get rocked by something or another.

During the preview Defiler was described as being a healing soul with damage support. The only problem is any fight you'd need a Defiler for you're almost always having to spam a heal of some kind so you can keep Husk of Indifference up making dps difficult or impossible. It's healing, while being probably some of the best burst in the game is not really practical other then getting a tank back up to full after a hard hit since it cost somewhere around 2000 mana so spam Explosive Growth+Ghastly/Loathsome Restoration, which in to many situations is your only recourse for healing.

What Defiler needs is some kind of intermittent healing off damage. Something to actually make dpsing worthwhile and usable as the class is intended to be. Does this make it a lot like Chloro: Yes. But really this is already there with Rampant Growth, This just needs to be taken a little bit further to actually accomplish what described as Defiler's purpose. The healing from damage doesn't have to be amazing just enough to keep a tank up and warrant doing so while you build growth stacks.
    Also the Gift needs to be 1% healing and absorption, just re-tune the coefficients for Defiler healing abilities to compensate. This would actually address a good portion of Defiler survivability issues and allow Defiler to synergise better with other healing souls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast