+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So while we're looking at Justicar, how about Divine Right?

Default So while we're looking at Justicar, how about Divine Right?

I get the feeling this is something like DoG, used to be fine until the healing nerfs. Maybe this can be modified to be 100/200/300% instead of 33/66/100%? I mean that would give us the ability to shield ourselves for 3kish every 3 seconds if we're already at full health (and now a days with the tank damage I seriously doubt this will be the case during a fight), it's more likely we can use it to complement a purifier on the pull.

Anything really would be more useful than what it is now. Hell it could even be something that increases the healing received by your RM target by 10/20/30% or something (the point requirement in Justicar makes it so that it will NEVER conflict with actual healers but it will allow us to have that HPS flexibility when offtanking vs. warrior and rogues DPS).

Maybe even make it bring back the Justicar synergy crystal, DoA now shields the Justicar for 15/30/45 of the healing done (this results in roughly 500 APS at my current gear level).

Ideas?
    Last edited by bombasy; 12-07-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Plane Touched

100/200/300 would put a lot of Purifiers out of jobs. We get Just Defense every 60 seconds; that seems adequate enough.

yea not really seeing the issue here, its more of a little bonus, the abilities hardly ever shield us anyways since we have to be at full HP for them to convert. I think its fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastar Thrandgul View Post
    100/200/300 would put a lot of Purifiers out of jobs. We get Just Defense every 60 seconds; that seems adequate enough.
    100/200/300 for a self shield that can only happen at max health (aka. on pull) and (at 300%) tops out at 3kish? Yeah, that'll put a Purifier's 15k shields right out of business.

Note: If the concern is MoH Justicars abusing it, make it 33/66/100 for non-MoL and 100/200/300 for MoL.

Also, my numbers are obviously unresearched and pulled out of thin air, they're just ideas, I think Divine Right is high enough on the Justicar tree that it will not disrupt the other healing souls with unexpected hybrids, but I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    yea not really seeing the issue here, its more of a little bonus, the abilities hardly ever shield us anyways since we have to be at full HP for them to convert. I think its fine as it is.
    I am more annoyed at how useless the 3 points are, right now they are a piddly shield which, let's be honest, almost never gets applied.

edit: Also, let me be perfectly clear: this is a very minor annoyance.
    Last edited by bombasy; 12-07-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Plane Walker

The strength of the shield is fine.

Its problem is that it requires you to be at full health, which means you have to be really good at timing it or it won't happen at all. It's more possible to get it to go off on the pull, but you won't usually have convictions on the pull to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Spending 3 mandatory points to get something that hardly ever shields us with a small shield is fine?

Must be a new definition of fine.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    The strength of the shield is fine.

Its problem is that it requires you to be at full health, which means you have to be really good at timing it or it won't happen at all. It's more possible to get it to go off on the pull, but you won't usually have convictions on the pull to use it.
    This. Only change needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    This. Only change needed.
    well I don't want it to shield me no matter what, because I like the healing and the heal threat it generates we already lose some overhealing threat when we use it at full HP (not much).

but seeing how DoL is such a small heal now that it really isn't worth casting to help heal the raid it would be cool if it shielded anyone who was at full HP instead of just the tank. that way it would never be completely wasted although that would have severe consequences for our overheal threat unless our overheal threat was extended to shields as well.

perhaps make it a toggled ability that changes DoL and DoB into shields for whoever they heal

as for the points being wasted with this and other talents... meh what else would they go to? we don't need to be increased beyond what we're getting in 2.1 or we will be imbalanced

Make it a 1 point ability, take those 2 extra points, add one to healers creed, the other to unshakeable faith.

Plane Walker

My suggestion is split it into 2 talents. One a toggle with the same effect, using 33% of the heal, but that doesn't require you to be at full health to get the shield. The other talent a 2pt one that increases the % of the heal taken to 66% and 100%.

If that is somehow too powerful, then make it only absorb a % of the damage for the shield amount.

+ Reply to Thread