+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiler Issue

Plane Walker

Default Defiler Issue

Last night I was healing as a 61 defiler/purifier and I ran into a weird issue. I wanted to know if it was intended.

Some mechanic burned through my Husk of Indifference ofcourse tossing my next heal tossed up the shield again but while I was tossing my next heal on myself I just died but I had a full Husk of Indifference. Doesn't the Husk of Indifference absorb 100% of the damage up to its max shield amount? Basically I hit Feedback (this puts up HOI) then hit EG/FG to heal myself I got the EG casted and died immediately after.
    Last edited by Merxion; 12-07-2012 at 06:51 AM.

were you getting hit by any raid damage mechanics? HoI only shields you from damage that comes from your links, regular damage to your character is not affected by it.

if it was link damage that killed you then it might have just gliched and bypassed your shield because your sheild was just put up (lag maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    Some mechanic burned through my Husk of Indifference ofcourse tossing my next heal tossed up the shield again but while I was tossing my next heal on myself I just died but I had a full Husk of Indifference.
    I have noticed a few weird, one shot deaths I couldn't explain, mainly in Zone events where my defiler does so wonderfully well, but I couldn't tie it down. It's not me standing in fire or being cleaved, I am a stickler for that. It seems to be a link issue for me but I can't recall if the tank went down too.

If I ever get the nerve to play my cleric again after today's dungeon abuse I will watch the husk as I am sure others far better than me will too.

Thanks for bringing it out to comment on though! Hope you find an answer

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    were you getting hit by any raid damage mechanics? HoI only shields you from damage that comes from your links, regular damage to your character is not affected by it.

if it was link damage that killed you then it might have just gliched and bypassed your shield because your sheild was just put up (lag maybe?)
    Oh wow I didn't know HOI only shield Link Damage. I could have sworn I had seen it block like melee hits before i'll test that thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    Oh wow I didn't know HOI only shield Link Damage. I could have sworn I had seen it block like melee hits before i'll test that thanks for the suggestion.

yep, the only way to get oneshot through link damage is if the tank basically also gets 1 shot

The highest damage i've ever seen from a link was probably around 5k and i'm pretty sure the tank was getting hit for around 25k damage. in order to take a 16k hit though link damage (oneshot) the tank would have to get hit for over 75k damage

yep, the only way to get oneshot through link damage is if the tank basically also gets 1 shot
    Err, technically the way you get oneshot is often if the target of any of your links gets one shot with sufficient damage, seen it happen with a 5% link on on a bad rogue.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bombasy View Post
    Err, technically the way you get oneshot is often if the target of any of your links gets one shot with sufficient damage, seen it happen with a 5% link on on a bad rogue.
    yeah this it possible. the bookshelf boss in exodus (normal). his ability you have to get out of LoS for would one shot the defiler through a link

So links take the full damage from an overkill, not just the link% of the target's max HP?

Tank has 30k HP, defiler has 25% link on him. Tank gets hit for 100k (after mitigation) and defiler takes 25k from link instead of 7.5k? Seems a little suckish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    So links take the full damage from an overkill, not just the link% of the target's max HP?

Tank has 30k HP, defiler has 25% link on him. Tank gets hit for 100k (after mitigation) and defiler takes 25k from link instead of 7.5k? Seems a little suckish.
    Don't link people that suck!
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Shield of Telara

Don't link people that suck!

that situation was obviously hypothetical. not to mention 99% of the time you NEED a link on the tank

Soulwalker

On mechanics that set the entire raid/party's health to a certain amount are very dangerous to a defiler. For example I ran an expert AP the other day just to see how fast and easy we could do it. The last boss has a mechanic that sets the whole party's HP to I believe 15%. I also took the link damage from the tank and the other people in the party. This easily killed me. Luckily I had Chimera's Gift active and I lived to see another day.

Quote Originally Posted by dyingtrying View Post
    On mechanics that set the entire raid/party's health to a certain amount are very dangerous to a defiler. For example I ran an expert AP the other day just to see how fast and easy we could do it. The last boss has a mechanic that sets the whole party's HP to I believe 15%. I also took the link damage from the tank and the other people in the party. This easily killed me. Luckily I had Chimera's Gift active and I lived to see another day.
    Seems like it could be an issue, these mechanics should ignore damage redirection IMO since the purpose is to set everyone's health to a certain amount.

Plane Walker

After Further Tests Your 100% correct regular damage is what killed me not link damage.

Which would mean, if all your links got caught in the fire, you would die and they might remain alive.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

+ Reply to Thread