+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shadow Breach and Tanking

Default Shadow Breach and Tanking

Worth it? I honestly dont see a point in getting anything past 54 points in Justicar, but that's just my opinion. So the points are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Morithin View Post
    Worth it? I honestly dont see a point in getting anything past 54 points in Justicar, but that's just my opinion. So the points are available.
    7 points in justicar get you:
    7% more armor (additive)
    14% more resistances (additive)
    10.5% more endurance (additive)

And now 4s of 20% mitigation every 30 seconds and a way to generate 7 convictions instantly.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Where are you even seeing that? I dont see anywhere on the tree that increases stats based on the number of points spent in that tree for any soul.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morithin View Post
    Where are you even seeing that? I dont see anywhere on the tree that increases stats based on the number of points spent in that tree for any soul.
    they're called gifts, each soul tree has them. hover over the justicar icon and you'll see

Also with the changes incoming to Doctrine of Glory (the 58 point root ability) combined with the 61 point instant 7 convictions (and not to mention the gift points that you will be missing out on) you cant be all you can be.

Cleric tanking through Justicar is designed in fact to be a an all in affair. We only have just 1 soul that gives us all our B,D,P, additional health, armor, resistance and general mitigation so shorting Justicar in points is only going to cause your healers to curse you and also give you an improved view of the ceiling. The very nature of justicar is designed so abilities outside of the justicar tree have heavy penalties to healing and damage as well to discourage being able to couple very high mitigation and self healing (I believe this is the scenario with the vanilla WoW paladin) making for a virtual unkillable character.

There are a few instances in PvP that you will see the occasional Justicar hybrid spec, but in PvE you wont see them except for maybe solo builds.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    they're called gifts, each soul tree has them. hover over the justicar icon and you'll see
    Wow, that is just bad.

Here I was, thinking that Trion got rid of that to help Hybrids out a bit. Well, with that information, guess my idea is scrap, which sucks because its a really cool ability.

Shadow Breach is placed there specifically so tanks can't get it for general use.
    If taking Shadow Breach became standard practice then Zinbik will either have to put it higher in Cab or nerf it through the floor
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread