+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redcruxs

Thread: Justicar Aggro

Rift Disciple

Default Justicar Aggro

Is still broken :
    Can't generate aggro on monsters that are not directly engaged.
    Generated aggro on monster that are not damaged directly is too low and can't keep aggro on them at pull.
    Healing aggro is too low.
    Overhealing aggro on other party member than the tank is still not accounted.

This result in bad aggro generated in any on those condition :
    -Multi tanking on 3+ monsters is random.
    -No 4 piece bonus on justicar crystal makes the aggro generated too low.
    -Damage reduction from support souls makes the generated healing/overhealing too low to make valuable aggro.

You have fixed the "insane" aggro we got, now revert them back or FIX the party overhealing/healing aggro ASAP, because actually, we loose the snap aggro functionnality of our healing we got before and tanking on low stuff is just a pain because there is almost nothing that increase our aggro (salvation hard to enhance, lower DPS than other tanks).

Weird, I hate to be in the crowd that says "I don't have a problem with aggro",but I have to say I don't have a problem with aggro.

In fact on a lot of fights aggro is so easy to keep I don't even bother casting DoL except on the initial pull and maybe 1 or 2 more during the fight. In fact I spend most fights focusing on keeping up Precept of Refuge and healing myself.

Are you sure your in the right Mein?
    Last edited by kliknik; 12-06-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    Weird, I hate to be in the crowd that says "I don't have a problem with aggro",but I have to say I don't have a problem with aggro.

In fact on a lot of fights aggro is so easy to keep I don't even bother casting DoL except on the initial pull and maybe 1 or 2 more during the fight. In fact I spend most fights focusing on keeping up Precept of Refuge and healing myself.

Are you sure your in the right Mein?
    It's not like we can't hold aggro, it's like it is broken, broken mean broken, you run into odd problems you can't explain sometimes, and those are the explanations. Our aggro is on an edge and it's not fun to always have to check weither how is our threat level on EVERY monster, especially at pulling when we run into several graphics bugs of monsters positions that don't take the initial damage before using DoL or relying on salvation aggro.
    Actually our aggro is as broken as it was before the changes of the mein of leadership modifications in 1.1/1.2/1.3, and the "overhaul" we've got before. We just loose our snapping faculty we got before and it's bad.

Plane Walker

I get aggro funk every once in awhile. I'm not sure what it is because the situations seem to have nothing in common. My regular group aren't big nuke out the gate because I get grumpy with them so its not someone critting and yanking it off. Just odd things like the OP is describing.

Plane Walker

I haven't run across any funky aggro situations.

I agree with the OP somewhat but I think they are separate situations

1) overhealing aggro is a little buggy sometimes, it doesn't seem to always attract the attention of mobs unless an actual heal goes off first

2) our heal threat modifier isn't too low, its our heals that are too low. It seems a bit off to me that DoL is so weak that you are better off just using salvation if there is more than 1 mob. And our heals are so low that I can't even help out our healers during raid damage. A 300-500 HP heal does nothing in the face of repeated 4k raid wide AoE's

Soulwalker

Had agro issue today mentoring down to do a 24 level dungeon. I was doing 220dps and mage did 270, I couldn't even keep the agro off the healer.

Recast Leadership thinking I forgot to buff, but next two pulls were the same. Soon as the group sneezed they pulled agro.

Plane Touched

I ran into this today. I had no issues with aggro all the way to 50 and at 50, no issues mentoring down, could pretty much spam censure and never lose threat. Ran normal Charmer's Caldera tonight and couldn't keep anything off anyone in the group unless I was hitting taunts. I tried relogging, changing specs back and forth to see if it reset anything. It was just really bizarre and random. I was running 40 justicar/20 inquisitor/6 shaman so I could use Soul Drain. For most of the pulls I was doing more aoe damage than anyone else in my group and still had people pulling things off me with basic attacks.

I ended up switching to my warrior and tanked the rest of the dungeon with no problems. Interesting that this has been randomly going on -- I figured something in the hotfix today broke it. I did submit a bug report anyway.

Ascendant

I'm not sure if the Salvation not generating agro thing is because Trion specifically wanted it this way or it's a side effect of them trying to limit item procs.

Some people seem to possibly have the wrong idea too, for instance I was in an Expert Dungeon and someone from Addiction said that using Doctrine of Bliss is better for agro instead of Doctrine of Loyalty. I would have thought however that the whole point is you want to drop a heal on someone who has agro when you don't, and that's what Doctrine of Loyalty does, healing yourself won't fix that problem.

Doctrine of Loyalty seems to pretty much still work for me to pick up mobs.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-07-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Anecdotally this is a bug I have been unable to reproduce that seems to get fixed by clicking off MoL and relogging then turning MoL back on.

Again, fully anecdote mode, and it has to do with mobs aggroing someone else in your party first, if you do not engage them directly (damage/taunt them) then you will NEVER pick them up with DoL/Heals.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Some people seem to possibly have the wrong idea too, for instance I was in an Expert Dungeon and someone from Addiction said that using Doctrine of Bliss is better for agro instead of Doctrine of Loyalty.
    And this would probably explain why I haven't see an issue (since I have not been heavily relying on DoL except at the beginning of the pull). It could be due to the fact that DoB is healing for more then DoL. It sounds almost like the game is only taking into account the over heal on you and not taking into account the heals landing on the other players. I wonder if it is just isolated to the doctrines in general? Like maybe for some reason the doctrines are only registering the overheals on self. It does appear that salvation/reparation is working fine. Has anyone tried using heals from any of the other trees?
    Last edited by kliknik; 12-07-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Ascendant

It might be a combination of multiple things, and just means adapting the way you play.

When a new add spawns, it would have 1-2 people on the threat table. The closest person and maybe a healer. Any healing the cleric does would put the cleric on the threat table as well, but only generate threat from heals on those 1-2 people. That means that immediately hitting DoL would only generate 1 person of threat. Alternatively, DoL may only take into account overhealing on the tank.

Against multiple targets, the healing from Even Justice is probably better than DoL with DoB being another good option.

Or you could simply hit the mob like other tanks have to.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    Or you could simply hit the mob like other tanks have to.
    Actually, not speaking for warrior in 2.0, the only viable tanking spec we should face agro wise is the rogue, wich is even don't have to directly damage monsters to get in their agro table, their teleport and stance do the job just fine like our healing aggro was before the silly 1.11 fixes.

+ Reply to Thread