+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 61 cab - where r u putting extra point ?

Telaran

Default 61 cab - where r u putting extra point ?

Do you think we should put extra point like Ahov's guide to inquisitor ?
    Arnakk <Virus> Cleric - FT 4/4 + 1 - EE 5/5
    Arnakkk <Virus> Rogue - FT 2/5 - EE 2/5
    Lancedufeu <Virus> Mage -

how do i shot web

EDIT: And since I just realized you're asking where to put the 15 extra points, I would suggest 5 Sentinel/10 Inquisitor same as at level 50 in the guide in my sig. Nothing else really compares to a 20% spellpower bonus for Tyranny of Death.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-05-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Telaran

this is what im doing ATM, but 11 warden 4defiler is not better ?
    Last edited by Arkan24; 12-05-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Arnakk <Virus> Cleric - FT 4/4 + 1 - EE 5/5
    Arnakkk <Virus> Rogue - FT 2/5 - EE 2/5
    Lancedufeu <Virus> Mage -

I wonder how Tidal Surge would effect Disintegration if it would tack on to Tyranny or just Disintegration? Now if it effected Tyranny I think it would be well worth it. Also if you popped Tidal Surge> Tyranny>Bound Fate>Disintegration would the Tyranny that that was spread through Bound Fate have the Tidal Surge buff tied to it? In fact, now that we have these delayed damaging abilities how are they affected by abilities like Tidal Surge and Flashover? will delayed damage abilities still gain the bonus?

So many questions. So little time to test everything.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Tidal surge is not impressive with Disintegrate, and does not work how I hoped it might with Tyranny of Death.

10 Druid for the +10% damage on instant cast, and 5 defiler for rage blight etc.

Edit: I did not try Tidal Surge with CoA or Unleash Oblivion, might be worth trying
    Last edited by XLorenX; 12-05-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Lorehn
    GM
    Cleric Tank

<Vexed> Greybriar -- Defiant -- 4/4 FT -- 5/5 EE

I actually did a lot of playing around with cab during testing. the best spec I came up with was 58 cab / 13 Inq / 5 Sent

This gives you the highest SP and highest dmg on Tyranny. The damage on Tyranny is very important as it should be at least 50% of your damage, if not more.

Unleash Oblivion is a very weak ability imo and not worth the 3 points at all.

Quote Originally Posted by XLorenX View Post
    5 defiler for rage blight etc.
    I know that rage blight looks nice, but in reality it is a bad ability. This is due to how +dmg modifiers actually work out in the calculations. Most people think 5% dmg is a 5% increase where as it is really about 2-3%. From my calculations 10% +SP is going to provide a greater dmg boost than 15% +dmg.
    Last edited by Noshei; 12-05-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Yeah, it is pretty awful.

I hadn't even considered not going 61 cab for the best dps, I guess I need to open up that mind that I supposedly have.

From my calculations 10% +SP is going to provide a greater dmg boost than 15% +dmg.
    If that is true, and I don't doubt that it is, then the build you proposed seems like it would be the best one. You could modify it to leave in UO and not lose much dps, too, but I concur that UO doesn't seem that valuable. The only situation in which UO seems worth using is a situation with a seriously large amount of adds, and only when ToD has been spread already and Disintegrate is on CD. Even then, it might be better to spend the time you would spend channeling UO applying ToD to more targets. Do you folks think that UO has a place at all?
    Last edited by XLorenX; 12-05-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Lorehn
    GM
    Cleric Tank

<Vexed> Greybriar -- Defiant -- 4/4 FT -- 5/5 EE

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by XLorenX View Post
    I hadn't even considered not going 61 cab for the best dps, I guess I need to open up that mind that I supposedly have.

If that is true, and I don't doubt that it is, then the build you proposed seems like it would be the best one. You could modify it to leave in UO and not lose much dps, too, but I concur that UO doesn't seem that valuable. The only situation in which UO seems worth using is a situation with a seriously large amount of adds, and only when ToD has been spread already and Disintegrate is on CD. Even then, it might be better to spend the time you would spend channeling UO applying ToD to more targets. Do you folks think that UO has a place at all?
    It can be valuable if you have to line of sight and still want to hit the boss, if it works like the Warden version it will hit through line of sight....haven't tested that though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    It can be valuable if you have to line of sight and still want to hit the boss, if it works like the Warden version it will hit through line of sight....haven't tested that though.
    Just tested and...it doesn't hit through line of sight >< so I can't think of a use for it.

I actually did a lot of playing around with cab during testing. the best spec I came up with was 58 cab / 13 Inq / 5 Sent

This gives you the highest SP and highest dmg on Tyranny. The damage on Tyranny is very important as it should be at least 50% of your damage, if not more.

Thanks, will be trying this later (I haven't actually used Unleash Oblivion yet at all, lol) I also would like to test if putting more points in Agent of Affliction is actually worth more than some of the SP bonus, since that should definitely affect Tyranny of Death as well as Curse of Anarchy (and comes with some gift damage bonus as well) but the full SP bonus will probably be better. Will update my guide with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Thanks, will be trying this later (I haven't actually used Unleash Oblivion yet at all, lol) I also would like to test if putting more points in Agent of Affliction is actually worth more than some of the SP bonus, since that should definitely affect Tyranny of Death as well as Curse of Anarchy (and comes with some gift damage bonus as well) but the full SP bonus will probably be better. Will update my guide with the results.
    with the spec i suggest, you get both +10 SP bonuses that are available to us. The one in Inq and the one in Sent.

Here is a zam link to the spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...sxsMq.V0Vh.-11

here is the info on rotation for this spec as well. it is a simple rotation, but long!

Macros:
    Code:
    #show Bound Fate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sign of Asias
    cast Well of Souls
    cast Bound Fate

Rotation:
    Sign of Asias > Well of Souls > Tyranny > Bound Fate > Disintegration > Tyranny > Curse of Anarchy > Curse of Solitude > Macro Spam > Start over at Well of Souls.

with how everything times out, roughly 1 second after well of souls ends your full length tyranny (the second one cast) will explode. Timing will be a bit off the first time through due to Sign of Asias, but after that everything will work out correctly.
    Last edited by Noshei; 12-06-2012 at 06:53 AM.

with the spec i suggest, you get both +10 SP bonuses that are available to us. The one in Inq and the one in Sent.

Here is a zam link to the spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...sxsMq.V0Vh.-11
    Right I meant taking points from Sent for Agent of Afflication. Since the only reason Mercurial isn't worth more is because it doesn't affect ToD.

+ Reply to Thread