+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best cleric DPS ?

Telaran

Default Best cleric DPS ?

I like ahov inquisitor guide but do u think a better dps spec exist (melee or not) ?
    shaman ? druid ?
    Arnakk <Virus> Cleric - FT 4/4 + 1 - EE 5/5
    Arnakkk <Virus> Rogue - FT 2/5 - EE 2/5
    Lancedufeu <Virus> Mage -

Rift Disciple

I've been having good luck with Shaman. On most stand/pound fights, I'm around 10.5k DPS. I'm a main spec tank, so I only have 4k DPS, 1600'ish crit, but 300 crit power.

BTW, crit power is useless right now because our crit is so low, right? Wrong!

My co-guild leader (also a Cleric,) and I were parsing on the dummies just self-buffed w/o consumables. He was 61 Inquis, I was 61 Shaman. Over the duration of a 5 minute parse, we were both crit'ing slightly over 40% of the time, even though our Spell Critical hit number was around 12%. This is due to all of the crit modifiers that both Shaman's and Inquisitors have. I really like having crit power in Shaman and so far all fights in the 10-man and the first boss in the 20-man are melee friendly, (or if not melee friendly, they are equally ranged unfriendly,) so Shaman seems to be viable.

The 10.5k DPS as Shaman was in a 10-man with a Bard/Tac as only support.

I would venture a guess that in a 20-man with full raid buffs, bard, archon, banners, tablets, it should be pulling 11.5k - 12.5k depending on crits and some low-grade RNG.

That's basically the dps we are pulling with the Inquisi spec. So I wouldn't say it's really better. Same dps with the advantage of being ranged as not all fights are melee friendly unfortunately.

Prophet of Telara

Shaman needs a buff the disconnects when you're on melee put inq firmly on top atm. nothing facny, a ~2%ish by default increase on ST dps output would make shammy attractive again on a few fights.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tourniquet1 View Post
    Over the duration of a 5 minute parse, we were both crit'ing slightly over 40% of the time,

Silly to base this off a 5 minute parse. (includes tons of RNG, 7 rebukes is not a meaningful sample size)

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elendria View Post
    That's basically the dps we are pulling with the Inquisi spec. So I wouldn't say it's really better. Same dps with the advantage of being ranged as not all fights are melee friendly unfortunately.
    Inquis has the advantage of being ranged, and Shaman has the advantage of far far superior AoE that can be swapped to instantly by activating a single off the GCD buff.

Both specs are great to carry.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Inquis has the advantage of being ranged, and Shaman has the advantage of far far superior AoE that can be swapped to instantly by activating a single off the GCD buff.

Both specs are great to carry.
    I think Shaman's AoE should probably be reduced, if everyone else's ST specs get crap AoE. It doesn't fit with their idea of ST vs. AoE specs. (Though I would rather them buff the other specs AoE, or maybe find a medium, but I'm okay with it.)

This is of course, assuming the change would come along with the slight buff that others are speaking of. Would make sense with Trion's stated DPS goals, though I'm not one to theorize about where these changes would be made.
    Last edited by Jeorge; 12-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Civ

What are you guys putting the extra 15 points in for Shaman or Inquis? What is your shaman rotation?
    Civ, 60 Cleric
    Everlasting Vendetta
    Defiant Guild on Graybriar

+ Reply to Thread