+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cleric Support

Default Cleric Support

Hi all! I am just getting back to the game after a 6 month break. I just hit 60 and am using the 61 Inquis build that I am liking very nicely, but I have a question. Back when I was playing before HK, icar's were the support spec, but I am noticing that they don't do anything well anymore unless you are solo. What are people using for support on a cleric now?

Shield of Telara

defiler/warden if you need to help heal a lot
    defiler/inq or cab for more dps.

you could use druid specs as well if you want a melee/pet build

Anc

Yep, I roll defiler as support.

Its great because defiler/sent or defiler/warden can pretty much solo heal the experts as it is so if you have a fail healer theres at least you to keep everyone alive.

Usually people see the group totally topped off for a few fights and are all like "pfft Anc go dps we got this" and suddenly people start dying all over the place. It does a lot and none of it shows up on any meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anc View Post
    Yep, I roll defiler as support.

Usually people see the group totally topped off for a few fights and are all like "pfft Anc go dps we got this" and suddenly people start dying all over the place. It does a lot and none of it shows up on any meter.
    Its kind of funny you mentioned this because I see the same thing except people seem to think they just solo healed a dungeon but in all reality they didn't because most of the time I am in my Def/cab specc for dps on trash and support heals anyhow.

It seems defiler has become the behind the scenes healer that makes the other healers look good. I have been kind of digging defiler hybrids, it seems that the passive bonuses for synergizing with other souls is great plus you can generally pick up some pretty descent healing abilities along the way. The only thing I would like to see is a little more fire and forget healing from defiler.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Champion

Defiler turns undergeared tanks and healers into fully geared pros. Full time 25% damage reduction on the tank...yum.

Another recommendation for Defiler as your new go-to "support" spec . It will make lives easier in those tough experts with slow/inexperienced healers/tanks.

Defiler is the new cabicar. I healed a hunt rift group with it last week and did the top DPS in any scenario where there were 4+ targets that I could spread dots on. Explosive growth+loathsome restoration = 75% health bar in 2 GCDs, so heals were not even remotely an issue.

Shield of Telara

I use 61 druid as my support option. The healing fairy has been plenty for me in experts if we need support heals. It is melee however so if you are not comfortable with melee or it is particularly melee unfriendly then you need a bard to step up and support.

I haven't played with defiler beyond just as a support to other classes as i haven't got enough role slots to fit it on my bar.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Ascendant

If you need aoe heals then defiler prolly isn't the best option, however, beyond that it is a great support option.

Unfortunately, Defiliers are not the best main healers because of lack of aoe heals and their single target heals cost a lot of mana. Also Defilers are not meant to heal all the time, they are meant to DPS, heal, bond, and link. If you are just healing w/o doing the other aspects of a Defiler then it is a waste of time.

I hate Full warden in PvP atm because I can never stay alive to heal everyone. Healing needs to be revisited because at level 60 pvp because DPS just obliterates the heals. This is the reason why I have given up my Warden role.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 12-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Unfortunately, Defiliers are not the best main healers because of lack of aoe heals and their single target heals cost a lot of mana. Also Defilers are not meant to heal all the time, they are meant to DPS, heal, bond, and link. If you are just healing w/o doing the other aspects of a Defiler then it is a waste of time.
    <snip> You shouldn't be constantly changing around your links to other people in a raid environment. It's a waste of a [figurative] GCD and inefficient.

The Defiler can DPS and heal as much as it's required. You should be casting heals to maintain your Husk of Indifference so it has 100% uptime. Feedback is a rather weak AOE heal but between Explosive Growth Loathsome Restoration + Healer's Blessing, you can top people off from ST heals just as well as you could have with a few AOEs. @mouseover macros work wonders for this. It's an OP healing breath with no cooldown.

It also doesn't matter how much mana it costs. You should have more than enough time to maintain it and/or regen it via Empowered Afflication if you have no mana pots available.
    Last edited by Riane; 12-04-2012 at 02:25 PM.

I hate Full warden in PvP atm because I can never stay alive to heal everyone. Healing needs to be revisited because at level 60 pvp because DPS just obliterates the heals. This is the reason why I have given up my Warden role.
    It's good for a tank healer, and in dungeons if you need heals+support, the main healer can go AE heals and you can keep the tank up while providing some DPS, while they keep the group up.

In PvP, warden is really weak when you're the only healer. If you have two wardens and a group that can stay with them, they really start to shine. Defiler makes for a good one-trick pony in PvP. Spam Explosive Growth and trigger it with Loathsome Restoration or Feedback and you can actually save people, although you never get the "Savior" accolade because it heals for 1XXX times 3 instead of 3XXX-5XXX.

i know its not on topic but i couldnt let it.. ever thought that maybe, just maybe, warden is not a very goot ST healer?? *gasp!*
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Bond/links are the same thing and you shouldn't be constantly changing around your links to other people in a raid environment. It's a waste of a GCD and inefficient.
    Links and bonds are not the same thing.

Also, links are oGCD. Though it's true you shouldn't be constantly changing around your links unless you absolutely need it.

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    i know its not on topic but i couldnt let it.. ever thought that maybe, just maybe, warden is not a very goot ST healer?? *gasp!*
    They didn't say it was a good ST healer... PvP heals <> ST heals. AE healers should have some survivability too. Right now the only way warden works in PvP is if, Xzibit style, you have a healer for your healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast