+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
Like Tree26Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Doctrine Of Glory

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Lyannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default Doctrine Of Glory

    I know justi's shouldn't be any kind of healer, but seriously this ability is just useless in its current form. Give it a 1min CD and make it heal for a not entirely useless amount, or just make it do something else.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Confirmed, DoG is useless!

  3. #3
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Hungry dog'll eat anything.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    read the title of the post, didn't bother reading any further.

    there is only one word to describe it:

    SUCKS

  5. #5
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    I had a good idea for it: make it into a short term damage reduction buff, like 2-3% per Conviction consumed, up to 7 Convictions for ~4s. Maybe give it a cooldown of 20-30s as well.
    That makes it similar to Riftstalkers Soul Coalescence, and analogous to Void Knights Rift Shield if the Absorb amount gets fixed.
    Nope.

  6. #6
    dbe
    dbe is offline
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    906

    Default

    It's bad and it should feel bad.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    its not terrible with MoH up but nobody really does that...and its a 61 pointer meaning it ought to be useful for what the main purpose of the role is

  8. #8
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hojxs View Post
    its not terrible with MoH up but nobody really does that...and its a 61 pointer meaning it ought to be useful for what the main purpose of the role is
    Actually it's 58 points in... but yeah, DoG is still yucky(read:useless) compared to the rest of it all.
    --BC

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    I tried but i literally cannot even think of a time when DoG would be preferred. I can use 2 DoL's and out heal a 7 conviction DoG

    or

    I could just hit the mob and out heal it...

    on a side note, Its pretty sad when salvation heals as much as DoL though, at least make it heal for ~500. IMO a DoG is healing for what DoL SHOULD be healing for, and DoG needs to either be like how DoL used to be before it was nerfed, if it was scaled up to lvl 60 values so about 3k

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I had a good idea for it: make it into a short term damage reduction buff, like 2-3% per Conviction consumed, up to 7 Convictions for ~4s. Maybe give it a cooldown of 20-30s as well.
    That makes it similar to Riftstalkers Soul Coalescence, and analogous to Void Knights Rift Shield if the Absorb amount gets fixed.
    This, a thousand times this. We need another defensive cooldown, and one that can be fairly regularly used, especially if it stacks with the Puri Sign, would be awesome.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Yeah, this ability feels pretty useless. If I use it in conjunction with Total Assurance I can get a heal over 1k on each party member. Or I could use that cooldown to do 7 DoLs and heal for thrice the amount over time.

    Total Assurance, as a 61 point skill, is pretty disappointing too.

    I'm not complaining about the state of cleric tanking, however. Seems like we are honestly the best tank right now. I think that the tradeoff for not having super awesome abilities(Rebuke aside, I love it!) is higher overall survivability.

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Yeah, this ability feels pretty useless. If I use it in conjunction with Total Assurance I can get a heal over 1k on each party member. Or I could use that cooldown to do 7 DoLs and heal for thrice the amount over time.

    Total Assurance, as a 61 point skill, is pretty disappointing too.

    I'm not complaining about the state of cleric tanking, however. Seems like we are honestly the best tank right now. I think that the tradeoff for not having super awesome abilities(Rebuke aside, I love it!) is higher overall survivability.
    I actally kinda like total assurance, gives the option to have a little bit of burst once per minute and gives 7 convictions which is useful in its own right. I think it feels lackluster right now because it actually is only buffing our already lackluster abilities. If DoG was worth using, if DoL actually healed for more than salvation then total assurance would be very very attractive indeed

  13. #13
    Ascendant BishopX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    PUll mobs, use DoG, gain aggro from all the overhealing = profit


    now once you pull its useless
    and actually now that I think about it.. we have aoe aggro abilities.. but ya

    this is garbage.
    and I disagree with justicar shouldbt be able to heal at all. I think we should have abilities that do MORE healing with mein of glory. and less with mein of leadership. I want to be able to heal a bit more , especially with the higher level abilities like doctrine of athority and glory
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

  14. #14
    Ascendant nemecis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Change to this and I'd be happy:

    5% mitigation per Conviction used, lasts 10s - 2min c/d

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    Change to this and I'd be happy:

    5% mitigation per Conviction used, lasts 10s - 2min c/d
    Yes, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts