+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Marked by the light

  1. #1
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default Marked by the light

    I have a suggestion to change how Marked by the Light worked. This idea came after I realised it was kinda irritating that the aoe heals from this skill could only go off around me.

    I would like it if marked by the light could instead be cast on any member of the group where every time i cast a heal, the heal would go off around that guy. Why I want this is because i find that this heal is useful to help top up the melee players that keep being hit by the melee unfriendly mechanics. As of now, I would have to place myself in melee (or at close range) to have it reach them and place myself in danger. With this change, there would be more flexibility so that if the range side needs more heals,I can cast in on a range guy and if melee side needs more heals, i can cast it on the tank. It is irritating to place myself in between the melee side and range side (no man's land) to make sure that it can hit both sides.

    Or the range of Marked by the Light's aoe heals can be increased.

    Do note that my suggestion is not the same as what the skill was pre 1.11. Previously, the heal went off only if i cast a heal on the guy with marked by the light. I want it to instead be castable on others but i dont need to cast an st heal on that guy for it to proc.

    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I actually prefer the way it works now. It gives me much more control on where the heal goes. I would like to see it changed to a straight 1 hour buff though, maybe as a result of a deep talent.

    Also, for melee, with the talents to spread Healing Breath, I find that sufficient to keep them up in almost all cases.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    I'm fine with how it is now. I would like the duration of it increased though.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Doesn't bother me how it works functionally, but it would be nice if you couldn't re-cast it on yourself until all existing charges had been consumed. This would make it easier to build into a healing rotation, and less micro-management (IMO). Plus, you could macro it then should you chose to do so.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 12-03-2012 at 08:54 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Doesn't bother me how it works functionally, but it would be nice if you couldn't re-cast it on yourself until all existing charges had been consumed. This would make it easier to build into a healing rotation, and less micro-management (IMO). Plus, you could macro it then should you chose to do so.
    This.

    Zin, can you black it out when it is casted PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.

    But i wouldnt macro it. Lag + Mana cost = nu. Maybe in an emergency button, but not regularly. I simply press it too often since my healing circle of movement is pretty full.
    Last edited by Eughe; 12-03-2012 at 10:33 AM.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    361

    Default

    It would be nice if it lasted for an hour or at least the full 5 minutes.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    This.

    Zin, can you black it out when it is casted PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.

    But i wouldnt macro it. Lag + Mana cost = nu. Maybe in an emergency button, but not regularly. I simply press it too often since my healing circle of movement is pretty full.
    IIRC it is off GCD, so it could be put at the end of a macro and only serve to use up your mana a bit faster, if it blocked itself from recasting.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    IIRC it is off GCD, so it could be put at the end of a macro and only serve to use up your mana a bit faster, if it blocked itself from recasting.
    I do believe it is off the GCD, but I believe it's one of those "must not be in GCD" to use abilities, so you can cast it without incurring a GCD, but not while currently under the effects of the GCD.

    So, you might actually put it at the beginning of the macro in order to use it, should it not be recastable while charges are still active, which would definitely impose some kind of lag.

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    I thoroughly enjoy how Marked By the Light now only works on the cleric because with how experts (and raids I suppose) are now, I am more than likely already near other players that will need to be healed. If your melee need to be healed, use Healing Breath because that alone is an AWESOME heal when you're 3/3 Enraptured Breath.

    Alternatively, if you find yourself in a pickle and you have multiple people that need to be healed (since the AOE in 61 sent is so piss poor) you could create a mouseover macro and just top them off with Subtle Invocation if your Healing Breath (or Nyols/Altruism) is on cooldown. I do this a lot and it works wonders.

    However, if you truly have a hard time manually managing MBTL (I would never macro it if the functionality changed), you could always utilize KaruulAlert to watch what your stacks are at if you don't want to count in your head or reference your buff area in the UI.

    Code:
    MBTL;1;T;player;1;T;F;T;Marked by the Light;AFBED0F2AC22D3920;0;1;F;F;0;0;Rift;Data/\UI\ability_icons\mend1.dds;955;1015;48;48;1;1;{stacks};CENTER;1;;0;0;0;30;T;F;CENTER;30;T;6;F;0

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I thoroughly enjoy how Marked By the Light now only works on the cleric because with how experts (and raids I suppose) are now, I am more than likely already near other players that will need to be healed. If your melee need to be healed, use Healing Breath because that alone is an AWESOME heal when you're 3/3 Enraptured Breath.

    Alternatively, if you find yourself in a pickle and you have multiple people that need to be healed (since the AOE in 61 sent is so piss poor) you could create a mouseover macro and just top them off with Subtle Invocation if your Healing Breath (or Nyols/Altruism) is on cooldown. I do this a lot and it works wonders.

    However, if you truly have a hard time manually managing MBTL (I would never macro it if the functionality changed), you could always utilize KaruulAlert to watch what your stacks are at if you don't want to count in your head or reference your buff area in the UI.

    Code:
    MBTL;1;T;player;1;T;F;T;Marked by the Light;AFBED0F2AC22D3920;0;1;F;F;0;0;Rift;Data/\UI\ability_icons\mend1.dds;955;1015;48;48;1;1;{stacks};CENTER;1;;0;0;0;30;T;F;CENTER;30;T;6;F;0
    This. The new way saved me from making a cast @self macro for it

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara cwharland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    I'd like it to heal for a bit more but other than that I'd agree that this version is better than the pre-1.10 version.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    I do believe it is off the GCD, but I believe it's one of those "must not be in GCD" to use abilities, so you can cast it without incurring a GCD, but not while currently under the effects of the GCD.

    So, you might actually put it at the beginning of the macro in order to use it, should it not be recastable while charges are still active, which would definitely impose some kind of lag.
    Nope. You can hit it whenever... I have a habit of hitting it way too often, cause I'm lazy sometimes and don't really count the number of heals.

    It's is not the same as the HB proc.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    It would be nice if it lasted for an hour or at least the full 5 minutes.
    You realize it has charges right? An hour buff is a dumb idea. So is a 5minute buff. If it were changed from charge to time based, it should be like any other cd with a 15-60 sec buff and a 30-120 sec cd.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    You realize it has charges right? An hour buff is a dumb idea. So is a 5minute buff. If it were changed from charge to time based, it should be like any other cd with a 15-60 sec buff and a 30-120 sec cd.
    Or it could be like the other heal buffs we have like faith rewarded, healers blessing, redemption, feast of falling, goodwill, excess...

    o_o

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Or it could be like the other heal buffs we have like faith rewarded, healers blessing, redemption, feast of falling, goodwill, excess...

    o_o
    All the Sentinel self buffs are centered around increasing single target healing, a permanent aoe healing buff wouldn't make a ton of sense. Then again MT chloro veil heals other people as well so I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts