+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PvP Healing

Default PvP Healing

Any ETA on when healing in PVP is going to be boosted?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Telaran

1. Go Warden
    2. Stick with the pack
    3. Spam AoE HoTs
    4. Slurp slurp slurp! is the sound of me drowning in Favor

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Any ETA on when healing in PVP is going to be boosted?
    I hope soon. PvP is faceroll atm. It's all about burst and no strategy/tactics.

Also, I'm getting really tired of being the only healer in the WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed View Post
    1. Go Warden
    2. Stick with the pack
    3. Spam AoE HoTs
    I really hope you're joking?

Warden has been nerfed into the ground. Are you sure you even play a Cleric?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Champion of Telara

Defiler does some wonderous ST healing if you're into pocket style healer, and can be fun. The 61 pt being castable on any target is great for PvP, and it combines pretty good with purifier for some minor shielding tools.

Just have to let derps die, and keep the worthy players alive.

Here is what I do for PvP.

Warden = for group healing. I usually warden when lazy *** dps clerics wont heal
    Sentinel = when there is a Warden. Still my favorite healing.
    Purifier = when there is a Warden and Sentinel. Damage mitigation is icing on a cake.
    Defiler = Heal bot for 1-2 people or for self healing only. Only be a defiler if you know how to multitask. I AM the Defiler Queen of PvP (Get used to it).
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 11-30-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

PvE is it actually very good. PvP it still is the best AoE healer (even after the nerf unfortunately).
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 11-30-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Soulwalker Ill google your yahoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed View Post
    1. Go Warden
    2. Stick with the pack
    3. Spam AoE HoTs
    This is the best way to do it, and you have to come to the realization that if someone is getting FF by 2 or more people. As a warden they are going to die.

Soulwalker Ill google your yahoo's Avatar

I always always top healing as warden, you're doing something wrong.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ill google your yahoo View Post
    This doesn't always mean you did something useful. I have a Sentinel based and a Warden based build. The warden builld always gets more healing, and a little more damage, however, I don't fele nearly as useful as I do on my Sent build, unless there is another healer for ST heals.

So far, I've gotten a lot of people telling me I'm an awesome healer while in Sent, but not a one while in Warden. This could partly be because I'm simply better at sent, but it feels like I simply can't keep people alive with Warden. Yes, ward gets me more favor, but sent is more useful, and a whole lot more fun. I quite enjoy running into a losing match, while there's a tank a 5% health, and popping tidal surge+fullness of life and completely topping them off with it. It's quite satisfying.

Granted, I do not have SL yet, and I'm not even level 50 either, but so far, warden= padded numbers, sent= useful healing.

EDIT: This is sort of like the same argument that you might have between aoe and st dps soulds. The aoe soul may do more damage, but the ST soul will actually kill people.
    Last edited by Jeorge; 12-01-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ill google your yahoo View Post
    I've topped healing as a senti and puri. I guess that doesn't mean much. Most people use warden poorly and considering your first post, I guess you're of them. :/

Lets clarify something. Warden was nerfed to the ground. But so was all PvP healing.

At the end of the day if someone is playing warden in pvp they are doing so to leech out favor, and while helping heal is a side product, the heals are not exactly game changing much of the time.

So yea, warden healing sucks in pvp. But it sucks less then most everything else if only for the leeching oportunities.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 12-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Lets clarify something. Warden was nerfed to the ground. But so was all PvP healing.

At the end of the day if someone is playing warden in pvp they are doing so to leech out favor, and while helping heal is a side product, the heals are not exactly game changing much of the time.

So yea, warden healing sucks in pvp. But it sucks less then most everything else.
    Thing is, warden isn't that good until 60. You can make an argument at 54? (That channel that bounces back and heals again). Spamming hots surely doesn't do anything outside increasing your other healing.

Like previous warden, if you aren't casting, you aren't healing.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    So yea, warden healing sucks in pvp. But it sucks less then most everything else if only for the leeching oportunities.
    This is why the remainder of the points in my senti build are in warden. You get a little bit of boost to your favor gain just by keeping up healing flood, AND you can actually do something useful.

Warden really, really, reallyreally sucks in PvP. If you play it like it was played at level 50 or pre-1.11.

I was of the same opinion that warden was useless, until I got into a PS where there were two wardens on the other team. They held the bridge for the entire match. I'm pretty sure that there was at least one other healer, but basically the two wardens were unkillable. One of them even survived a full BoD>NR>SH>BoD>RC>BoD>NR>SH>BoD rotation. Next time I tried to take him down, he reflected my Nysyr's on to me, oh snap! Too bad that skill doesn't work on arrows/bullets. That impressed me enough to try it next match, and watching them use warden kind of showed me what I was doing wrong.

Basically my goal is to keep all of my hots rolling on as many targets as possible. Monsoon+Ripple will cover everybody unless all 20 players are in your healing range. Bolster that with cataract, effusion, the ring aoe(when you need a tank heal on someone or a lot of someones, use this with tidal surge) and downpour and you can be monstrous.

IF

Your team stays with you and protects you.

Having said all that, the OP still has a point. Healing is still in a pretty bad place in PvP when compared to the burst available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast