+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Black Rose vs. Golem Power Source

Default The Black Rose vs. Golem Power Source

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/...owerSource.jpg

The Black Rose is from the last boss of Tower of the Shattered, normal.

Golem Power Source is from Golem Foundry, expert.

My common sense is telling me The Black Rose is better, but I'm wondering if the GPS has a higher proc rate. Sadly, I don't know of a way to accurately test this.

Does anyone have an idea of which is better?
    Last edited by Kriptini; 11-30-2012 at 02:34 AM.

I agree with your gut. But i guess it would depend on what you are using.

I would figure senti would have very little use for GPS cuz of its already high amount of healing.

But warden and Puri would highly benefit from an extra heal for ST.

Actually warden would benefit from both assuming it doesn't have some points in puri.

On further inspection, golem is a hot. Which is kinda....400ish err second for 8 seconds. Dunno if that is worth it if proc rates are low.

Golem would need to have an absurdly high proc rate and Black Rose a very low proc rate to consider Golem. Most of the HoT will be overhealing and shields are just plain better in general.
    Nope.

in the past, haven't purples always have had a higher proc rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    You seem to be making excuses for bad changes. Cleric version of battered wife syndrome.

Ascendant

Drop the black rose like a hot tamale. There is a better shielding trinket from the expert AND a new shoe trinket. As for the 4k heals over 8sec, for chloros its decent combined with the relic healing staff proc and their synergy crystal. Any and all direct healing spells would proc lots of hots (which arent always overhealing).

General of Telara

back when i played alot, i was always going for shield greater or trinket because it was going over the health of the tank even if it was full life.

Like if the tank had ex: a thousand hp and the trinket was a shield of a thousand then it was 2000 effective hp.

The healing trinket when the tank is full will just go to waste.

But it will always depend on the proc chance too. If the shield proc at 1% and the trinket is like 60% , then we have a clear winner

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by darkchicken View Post
    back when i played alot, i was always going for shield greater or trinket because it was going over the health of the tank even if it was full life.

Like if the tank had ex: a thousand hp and the trinket was a shield of a thousand then it was 2000 effective hp.

The healing trinket when the tank is full will just go to waste.

But it will always depend on the proc chance too. If the shield proc at 1% and the trinket is like 60% , then we have a clear winner
    I can confirm the trinket from the last boss in exodus of the storm queen (expert) has a chance to proc off of every void life tick(x3) on multiple party members.

http://rift-mmorpg.com/wp-content/up...ens-Charge.jpg

General of Telara

oh wow! neeeeeed!

I don't want to know how good it is for Chloros, I want to know how good it is for Clerics. That's why I posted in the Cleric section.

But it sounds like I should be staying with the Black Rose until I get that trinket from EotSQ. Thanks!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    I don't want to know how good it is for Chloros, I want to know how good it is for Clerics. That's why I posted in the Cleric section.

But it sounds like I should be staying with the Black Rose until I get that trinket from EotSQ. Thanks!
    Would you like some information that can be semi helpful or none at all.... be greatful us mages are helping you.

As for your trinket i would upgrade it with shoe from empyrean core(?) Or the shielding one from eots.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Would you like some information that can be semi helpful or none at all.... be greatful us mages are helping you.

As for your trinket i would upgrade it with shoe from empyrean core(?) Or the shielding one from eots.
    Helping me what? Get this thread off topic? Gee thanks.

Also, thanks for suggesting that instead of picking one of the two choices in this thread, I use a trinket that I don't have. =)

I predict that this post will make you quite angry, so when you reply, would you mind explaining to me what a "shoe trinket" is? I'm assuming it has nothing to do with the Feet slot.
    Last edited by Kriptini; 11-30-2012 at 12:42 PM.

would you mind explaining to me what a "shoe trinket" is? I'm assuming it has nothing to do with the Feet slot.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/B59FDA82...eirloom-of-Eth

And any trinkets that have the same effect but stronger, which have always kept the same acronym.

Plane Touched

Helping me what? Get this thread off topic? Gee thanks.

Also, thanks for suggesting that instead of picking one of the two choices in this thread, I use a trinket that I don't have. =)

I predict that this post will make you quite angry, so when you reply, would you mind explaining to me what a "shoe trinket" is? I'm assuming it has nothing to do with the Feet slot.
    There are several trinkets in the game with the acrnonym S.H.O.E. (sacred heart of eth, sunken heart of eons, etc.)
    They all essentially do the same thing, with varying degres of healing power. It has a chance to proc when you heal to heal 3 other nearby people. It looks like a light beam bouncing between people (odds are you have seen that and not known it was a trinket).
    Jinkeez - R50 Cleric. HK (Conq) - PF 4/4. ID 8/8.

Soulwalker

If you had half a brain you'd understand from my post the shielding trinket has no internal cd. The rest is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkies79 View Post
    There are several trinkets in the game with the acrnonym S.H.O.E. (sacred heart of eth, sunken heart of eons, etc.)
    They all essentially do the same thing, with varying degres of healing power. It has a chance to proc when you heal to heal 3 other nearby people. It looks like a light beam bouncing between people (odds are you have seen that and not known it was a trinket).
    Oh, so THAT'S what that is! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by firefox5 View Post
    If you had half a brain you'd understand from my post the shielding trinket has no internal cd. The rest is up to you.
    Did we really need to test that? Pretty sure it goes without saying. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast