+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cleric DPS

Default Cleric DPS

My guild just did our first raid in the new ten man Triumph of the Dragon Queen. I was DPS on my cleric and running the standard 61 Inquis spec. When I didn't have to run much, I was sustaining around 9k DPS bursting over 12-13 at the start of the fights.

about 4k SP and 18% Crit.

I was wondering how other DPS specs are comparing?
    SOUL FORGED 4/4 TotDQ - 4/4 FT - 4/5 EE www.soul-forged.com
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

Ascendant

61 Inquis is the best cleric dps spec.

Telaran

I'm not sure what each of the other callings highest DPS specs are pulling, but from what I can tell inquisitor is finally very very competitive. I have a hunch that inquis might even be one of the top single target DPS specs in the game at this moment, but I need more chances to view the other callings in comparison in real settings(not just dummy parses).

Educate me if you will... But I'm not sure why 61 Inq is so good. There isn't any passive ability that is based in the number of points you put in the tree besides the gift, in which case you can get from other DPS souls. Are the 58 and 61 point abilities that good? My Inq goes in 54 points to get the improved Vex and the rest got into other DPS souls.

Isn't melee supposed to do more DPS than ranged? =(

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    Apparently this applies only to all other Callings but Cleric...

Rift Master

Kinda odd, considering Ahov and the like were suggesting in 1.11 that dps would go Shaman>Druid>Inq. (Hard melee Easy melee Ranged)
    Last edited by KarthosNZ; 11-30-2012 at 04:58 AM.

On dummy fights, yes. This is to compensate for disconnects when the melee cannot dps but ranged can. *Theoretically,* this should result is roughly comparative dps. However, we've all learned multiple times that relying on these hypothetical rulings on dps will only frustrate you in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    Apparently this applies only to all other Callings but Cleric...
    The OP said, quite clearly, that this was only when he could stand and cast with little movement.

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Kinda odd, considering Ahov and the like were suggesting in 1.11 that dps would go Shaman>Druid>Inq. (Hard melee Easy melee Ranged)
    You need to remember that in 1.11 we were all playing specs tuned for level 60. I.E., playing specs that were all missing their top dps root abilities. Also, Ahov posted a guide weeks ago saying 61 inq was our top dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Blytzz View Post
    My guild just did our first raid in the new ten man Triumph of the Dragon Queen. I was DPS on my cleric and running the standard 61 Inquis spec. When I didn't have to run much, I was sustaining around 9k DPS bursting over 12-13 at the start of the fights.

about 4k SP and 18% Crit.

I was wondering how other DPS specs are comparing?
    My findings have been similar (with comparable stats). And thats with not really being an expert at using the 2 minute cool downs yet. We weren't coordinating raid cool downs or anything. There is definitely potential for much more!

Educate me if you will... But I'm not sure why 61 Inq is so good. There isn't any passive ability that is based in the number of points you put in the tree besides the gift, in which case you can get from other DPS souls. Are the 58 and 61 point abilities that good? My Inq goes in 54 points to get the improved Vex and the rest got into other DPS souls.
    Yes, they are that good.

General of Telara

Its hard to say you know. Some fights you can net more depending of a spec/movements and sometime the other you are comparing to are not on the same skill level.

You surely saw somewhere someone with great gear pulling horrendous dps then QQ that his class is weak. I saw that plenty of time. Its not because you are geared and are max level that you are good.

Are the 58 and 61 point abilities that good?
    SS is good, but RC is the stuff of wet dreams. Especially in PvP.

Ascendant

Im pretty sure (on melee friendly fights) that shaman is top. That being said there are not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Im pretty sure (on melee friendly fights) that shaman is top. That being said there are not many.
    My experience thus far has been that if it is a melee friendly fight that also has ample aoe dps needs (read: almost never), shaman will be a great choice. It's aoe capability is only slightly behind rogues and warriors, though if you are aoe'ing exclusively you need to be cabalist.

If we're talking single target with plenty of time to stand and cast, inq is the way to go, no question.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Only thing I could think of is a fight that combined aoe and st fairly regularly AND is melee friendly. Shaman suffers from same thing inq does in that a lot of its DPS centers around the cooldowns

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast