+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Endgame Tanking Gear

Shadowlander

Default Endgame Tanking Gear

Hello fellow Clerics,
    I am now lvl 59 and starting to think about what i need once i hit 60. I am my guilds main Cleric tank, and have not seen any toughness gear as of yet. I am a maxed Armorsmith, and have already been farming dailies. but not even the epic gear i can craft has toughness from what i can see.

Wondering where to start collecting my tanking gear? and what the requirements are for experts.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Plane Walker

Use your infinity stones at the world merchant.

300 Hit/Toughness for experts.

Plane Touched

I'm in the same boat too about the Justicar tanking gear. Been running experts now and haven't narrowed down a website where I can find a loot table for chain peices. I'd rather spend tokens and stones on upgrades that lasts into raid instead of having to replace them when a random drops in an expert.

Any thoughts or answers on what end boss is dropping good Justicar peices? Is there a database setup for gear on expert bosses yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post

This. There's a crafted belt, hat and rings that are nice, but the toughness pieces are drops or vendor gear. I lucked up and got 2 or 3 tank drops in one run of Tower of the Shattered, the rest I spent stones to get.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Alastar Thrandgul View Post
    I'm in the same boat too about the Justicar tanking gear. Been running experts now and haven't narrowed down a website where I can find a loot table for chain peices. I'd rather spend tokens and stones on upgrades that lasts into raid instead of having to replace them when a random drops in an expert.

Any thoughts or answers on what end boss is dropping good Justicar peices? Is there a database setup for gear on expert bosses yet?
    The World Gear merchant gear can be upgraded and will last you into raid. Tier 2 world gear is equivalent to tier 1 expert. Tier 3 world gear is equivalent to tier 2 expert. The world gear shield is pretty good.

The World Gear merchant gear can be upgraded and will last you into raid. Tier 2 world gear is equivalent to tier 1 expert. Tier 3 world gear is equivalent to tier 2 expert. The world gear shield is pretty good.
    Yup, the shield gains a set bonus when combined with an expert dungeon tank weapon drop. For the warrior set I believe it's from Golem Foundry, not sure where the cleric version is from.

Ascendant

I would generally advise against this unless you _absolutely_ have to tank right away. If you can maybe just heal or dps until you collect the gear in dungeons or with dungeon marks you can possibly save yourself a lot of time.

Spending your stones on armor can be a bit of a waste when you can use it to buy your synergy crystals instead, that's a big outlay of stones.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I would generally advise against this unless you _absolutely_ have to tank right away. If you can maybe just heal or dps until you collect the gear in dungeons or with dungeon marks you can possibly save yourself a lot of time.

Spending your stones on armor can be a bit of a waste when you can use it to buy your synergy crystals instead, that's a big outlay of stones.
    Not really, if you don't upgrade them these pieces are fairly cheap and well worth it to lessen your queue times unless you have guildies to run with as DPS.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post

It's an avenue to tank gearing. And if you don't have access to crafting it's your only one unless you plan on grinding normal dungeons for that random chance of getting the gear with toughness/hit you need to do experts. I also highly discourage tanking experts with half DPS half tank gear.

No point in buying your synergy crystals until you're actually able to get the gear from experts. And infinity stones aren't exactly hard to come by when every event in both new contents give them.
    Last edited by Golladan; 11-28-2012 at 11:34 PM.

In order of ease to obtain:

1. infinity stones
    2. crafted stuff is about 100-200 plat per peice on greybriar AH
    3. lvl 59-60 normal dungeons

all 3 of these are sources of gear with 75 toughness on it, 75x4 = 300 toughness then you get to experts (boots, chest, legs, shoulders)

personally, i'm going to do 59-60 dungeons to get from 59->60 then spend 100 or so plat on any crafted peices I don't have with toughness, then if there are none availible for cheap then i'll spend 150 or so infinity stones.

If all that fails i will continue to run dungeons but I'm pretty sure i'll have all 4 peices with 75 toughness by the time I get to 60

The link in my sig has a tanking gear list but it does not list the source unfortunately, if you see a peice you want you can google it or ask around and maybe someone can tell you where to find it
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 11-29-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Ascendant

I take back what I said about the world event armor, it costs a tonne of stones but it can work I guess considering they count towards synergy bonuses.

Plane Touched

Expert Golem Foundry last boss drops an epic (Chain) 53 hit and 60 some block with high endurance glove peice. So far I've found the crafted helm and belt to be great buys. There is also a cheap 100 toughness chain pants from the AH some people have been crafting. I'm at work, so sorry that I can't give the item names.

Other than that, just been using infinity stones to purchase "Accessory" and weapon upgrades (right side of character gear sheet) and expert marks to buy the armor with 100 toughness (left side of character gear sheet.

Rift Disciple

Easiest way to get legs with 100 toughness on them, camp one of the rare mobs in Steppes of infinity, droppes a blue expert dungeon quality legs for clerics with 100 toughness.
    Dont remember the name of the rare mob but it was close to the infinity gate.
    I am still using them even after doing 40+ expert runs and a bunch of raiding.
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Trasgress View Post
    Easiest way to get legs with 100 toughness on them, camp one of the rare mobs in Steppes of infinity, droppes a blue expert dungeon quality legs for clerics with 100 toughness.
    Dont remember the name of the rare mob but it was close to the infinity gate.
    I am still using them even after doing 40+ expert runs and a bunch of raiding.
    This mob able to be solo'd? anyone know the name of the mob, i wanna try this!!

+ Reply to Thread