Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An SL Leveling build

Rift Master

Default An SL Leveling build

This is what I'm using. No claims that it is the bestest, no trademarks, just a simple opinion. There's probably oodles of better options, but this is working well for me, so nyah nyah. I realise that SL has been out for a bit now, but seeing the lack of other info, I thought I'd throw this up. Not posting in the guides as this is a slap bang here you go enjoy post.

At 50: 50 Druid 16 Justicar

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j.../Dvaixa5ayF0/l

OMG it's revolutionary! I realise it isn't particularly unique, but perhaps some explanation will aid with clerics storming forth into Storm Legion (oh no I didn't... oh yes I did.)

You can configure the build as it suits you. I'm having no problems surviving with this set up, but if you are finding it harder, slap a few more points into Justicar.

Additionally the skills within are up to your discretion.

Pets!

Tank
    AE
    ST
    Heal

Use as appropriate. Tough fights? Use the protector. Single kill sprees? Use Destroyer. Little mobs with AoE potential? Use the seer. Want some heals while you facetank? Go go pocket healer.

Buffs:
    Righteous Mandate - on your pet
    Vengeance of the Winter Storm
    Aid of the Forest
    Spirit of Upheaval/Asphodel (at 51 Druid) - there isn't a *great* damage difference between the two, but Asphodel's is a bit better for ST mobs
    Fury of the Fae
    Trickster's Bluff

Useful skills:
    Natural Dedication
    Strength of the Fae
    Peace of the Forest - only if you are hardcore AoEing will you -possibly- need to use this. With a tank taking your mobs, this is why going deep enough into Justicar to pick up Purpose is needless.
    Doctrine of Bliss - a small heal but a heal nonetheless. If you are struggling to keep your pet up you might want to go 20 Justicar to gain Doctrine of Loyalty.

Damage:
    Combined Effort - talented, it hits really hard on unique mobs to the fight. So, on a pack of mobs, use it on Mob 1, then Mob 2, etc. Share the love.
    Bolt of Radiance
    Fervent Strike/Strike of Judgment - Fervent does slightly more damage even when not talented, but it doesn't generate as much Salvation heals. Use Judgment if you or your pet is taking a beating.
    Even Justice - use over Wild Strike for obvious reasons
    Eruption of Life - keep on the mob.
    Crushing Force - use to pull mobs, and apply to mob. Don't bother recasting it if the mobs has 20% health left.

Eh, that's about it.

It's got decent kill speed, excellent survivability, and a wide selection of furry pets. Have fun with it, laugh at it, rip it to shred, whatever. Just have fun on your way to 60.

Iri
    Champion

I'll throw another one out there just because I'm tired of reading all the qq about leveling builds. This one's not pet reliant and I haven't run into anything yet that can kill me if I play smart... including mobs five or six levels higher than me, although I can only do those one or two at a time.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8gGh0/r9aGBiwG44/nd

DPS gear with a shield, and use MoL. Run around spamming Censure and the occasional Hammer of Faith/Strike of Retribution combo, mixed with Glacial Shield, and mobs will never leash. Then whenever you feel like killing everything, Censure, Even Justice, and Hammer of Faith will do the job... Massive Blow and Hammer of Duty for tougher single mobs. Purpose is for mana regen.

You can play basically the same way with a full tank build. You won't be able to spam Hammers as fast, and Censure spam won't hit quite as hard, and obviously missing Glory of the Chosen reduces your self healing, but you'll be taking less damage in a full tank build, so the only things you really lose are the shaman goodies... the damage and crit bonuses, Glacial Shield, Ride the Lightning, and Massive Blow.
    Last edited by Iri; 11-15-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

My leveling spec is somewhat similar to the JustSeer, except I use the Destroyer or the Greater Heal fairy.

At 50 12 Inq, 16 Justi 38 Druid. As you level, put more into Druid
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Dk4Ja88Eg/r9k0o/n8gw

Vex every mob, put Eruption of life on every mob, and keep combined effort up.

Single Target (Hammer of Duty goes off while moving, otherwise you BoJ)
    #show Combined Effort
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Hammer of Duty
    cast Vex

Aoe
    #show Even Justice
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Even Justice

Vex and Corruption of life on separate keybinds

Use Destroyer for easy grinding, Heal fairy for tough grinding

Vex everything, use ST macro till it gets in range, put Eruption and Vex up on every mob, spam Even Justice till dead or down to single mob, then use ST macro on stragglers.

You can drop Inq down to 8 if you don't want Purge or the minor Vex Heals and put those four points into Druid. This spec can be used for grinding, It can also do Support with Salvation heals and the Fairy up. Also can be used as DPS in a T2 if you want to be a little lazy.

RIFT Guide Writer

I leveled 50-55 with 44druid/20inq/2justicar base, for better aoe dmg.

At 56 or so the mobs begin hitting too hard so I switched to a 44 druid/16 justicar/11inq base.

Tank satyr in all situations so I could pull as many mobs as I liked.
    Last edited by Ahov; 11-15-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (US-Second) Laethys (World-First)
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I leveled 50-55 with 44druid/20inq/2justicar base, for better aoe dmg.

At 56 or so the mobs begin hitting too hard so I switched to a 44 druid/16 justicar/11inq base.

Tank satyr in all situations so I could pull as many mobs as I liked.
    Yeah, well, from other clerics I've seen roaming around, Druid seems to be to go-to for the core behind a leveling build.

So a quicker guide might be.... Deep druid. Play around with off souls to adapt to your gameplay. /end

I'm using 51 inq/16 Defiler/0 Justicar

It's pretty decent, just let that beacon thing take all the damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I have not seen or heard of a Rogue hitting anyone for 4-18k

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Yeah, well, from other clerics I've seen roaming around, Druid seems to be to go-to for the core behind a leveling build.

So a quicker guide might be.... Deep druid. Play around with off souls to adapt to your gameplay. /end
    Well you can't solo with just Druid and expect to be efficient (or have your tank pet survive even one really hard-hitting mob).

Justicar is a mandatory second soul once you begin encountering mobs that hit around 1,000.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (US-Second) Laethys (World-First)
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Shield of Telara

I ended up with deep druid with 24 justicar for Purpose so that you never had to stop for mana, It also meant you could put a shield on and use the healing faerie and be the tank for onslaught pulls if needed as you are more durable than the tank pet with Fury of the Ascended running.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

I really don't see going farther than 16 in justicar. The abilities past that point don't help your damage any.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetness View Post
    I really don't see going farther than 16 in justicar. The abilities past that point don't help your damage any.
    if soloing was all about damage you would use nothing but dps souls.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Soulwalker

My build at 50 was 51 Inquisitor 11 Warden 4 Defiler, as I level I am putting the points into Inquisitor only.

It's working very well and if I run into any Defiant or harder mobs I can just hit my Tidal Surge + Nysyr's Rebuke and watch them melt.

The best thing about this build is it is super easy to use. No need to run up to smack anything, just stand there and burn stuff down.

The only downside is that you are somewhat squishy and have only a couple HoT's to keep yourself healed.
    Last edited by Savre; 11-16-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Shadowlander

Default 44 Druid / Defiler / Shammy

I put 44 in druid for tank pet. Balance in Defiler (for 10% link + stacking damage buff) gives more dps I think than justicar and you use the defiler instacast heal on pet if he's slipping a bit. Still only level 51, but it's a breeze.

Shadowlander

44druid 16justi 8def
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Ugs/rkr060/Dk4gBgFgS at lvl 52 going pretty well, ae dmg and survival is fine, for ST dps running 16def 51inq 0just

Soulwalker

Default The "CaBaller"

Just thought I'd share my build. I tried a bunch of other builds, including the JustSeer, many variants of the JustSeer, and a few Shaman builds. I found the JustSeer a little scary to pull a lot of mobs with because if you didn't start damaging soon enough because you pulled one too many mobs, you couldn't heal yourself to live through it. 51+ Shaman and Druid builds were not reliable enough when fighting a single target and pulling a second that was one or two levels above you so I kept dying from that. All in all, I love the Defiler soul, and while it may not kill the quickest, it isn't slow and it is pretty much immortal, plus you can solo any mob (I've solo'd elite mobs 5 levels higher than me, pretty easily too).

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

You want to make sure to put 51 in defiler right away for the AE spread, then work towards 17 in cabalist for the Tyranny of Death spreading talent.
    Then make your way back in defiler for the 54pt off-GCD heal(freaking awesome).
    After that the build is all up to you. You may want to check out Sentinel for Healing Breath, Justicar for some Reparation heals maybe... I did Purifier for the shield and Sign of Wrath, which minimally increases damage.
    You are encouraged to make adjustments and changes as you see fit, not going to go into my explanations for where I put the points where I did.
    Enjoy!

RIFT Guide Writer

To those saying they are doing fine in their current specs at 50, 52, etc....keep in mind those are LOW lvl zones and very very easy in comparison to 57+.
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast