+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Purifier absorbs aren't working in experts right now

Default Purifier absorbs aren't working in experts right now

I've done cadesuwhata rise a few times today and the bosses just completely ignore all of my purifier absorbs.

I had noticed this and had just put it down to Trion making it so that some mechanics ignore shields in an attempt to balance around them in some strange way.

Quote Originally Posted by kiralia View Post
    I had noticed this and had just put it down to Trion making it so that some mechanics ignore shields in an attempt to balance around them in some strange way.
    Yeah, I only get on my cleric for the daily expert XP and I go 51 puri since I can just put someone on follow and spam symbol of the sun while I do something I care about.

Ascendant

Well in my opinion it's the completely wrong way to go about things.

put something in the game >> maybe it's overpowered >> don't actually fix it just make it work nowhere

But hey it's fair to say I don't know much about actual game development. Maybe it is a good thing to for a player to never really know if anything they do is going to work at any given encounter or for some specs to be really great in some random places and completely suck in others.
    Last edited by Malark; 11-08-2012 at 11:10 PM.

If this is intended, it's just another reason I'll be glad I won't have to deal with clerics after the 13th. I want to believe they wouldn't do this intentionally, but with nothing in the patch notes, I think it's intentional and it just slipped into this update instead of 2.0.

Rift Disciple

there have been encouters in the game that have mobs that ignore sheilds for awhile now, even before 1.11.

Warding classes can be hard to balance imo, for example you make the sheilds to strong and people end up ignoring machaincs in fights becuse of the sheilds. make them to weak and people wont even bother using them, So they make certain things ignore them.

IMO purifer needs some means to Grp heal outside of sheilds becuse there are some bosses that do have AE's that ignore sheilds.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

I just changed all of our absorbs to be much less discriminating so that they don't care about stuff being set up somewhat incorrectly as they do now. Absorption is now at least 15% more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I just changed all of our absorbs to be much less discriminating so that they don't care about stuff being set up somewhat incorrectly as they do now. Absorption is now at least 15% more awesome.
    That was the vaguest buff post ever.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.
    Confirmed, Zinbik buffed warriors

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

0 + 15%

Nice.

Nice that Zibnk is alive and working. Hopefully more adjustments to other things cleric are being made awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    Nice that Zibnk is alive and working. Hopefully more adjustments to other things cleric are being made awesome.
    my dream patch notes:

*Clerics: Cleric dps is now 15% more awesome!*

Rift Master

but.. you are doing it wrong...

you are supposed to nerf(not buff) our one viable raid spec, we are clerics afterall.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Not anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast