+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS DPS parses

well 2 years and still its not right i will give it a day or 2 and see then

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoull View Post
    guys there is no way that when 1.11 goes live there will be such a huge dps gap, so stop complaining about it already.
    We have always had competitive dps!
    ahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahahahahahahaa
    Last edited by bombasy; 10-17-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    I made a spec in Beta that used 4 DoTs I had to keep track of. It was fun doing that and managing BoD procs.

In saying that, all this conversation is missing one piece of the puzzle. The yet to be revealed new cleric soul. HINT HINT ZINBIK.
    The existing souls should be able to dps fine without it. It doesn't matter what the Defiler does. Inquisitor, Shaman, Druid should be able to dps at the same level as the other dps souls.

Two years later, we're again bottom of the heap. I don't think it's Zibnik's fault, as it's obvious he's spend a lot of effort in the revamping of the souls, but I think he played it too carefully. Played 'nice' where the other class leads obviously went full-throttle on their DPS souls.

Stop being nice and civilised Zibnik. Boost our DPS to the top of the charts. Let someone else languish at the bottom for a change.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    The existing souls should be able to dps fine without it. It doesn't matter what the Defiler does. Inquisitor, Shaman, Druid should be able to dps at the same level as the other dps souls.

Two years later, we're again bottom of the heap. I don't think it's Zibnik's fault, as it's obvious he's spend a lot of effort in the revamping of the souls, but I think he played it too carefully. Played 'nice' where the other class leads obviously went full-throttle on their DPS souls.

Stop being nice and civilised Zibnik. Boost our DPS to the top of the charts. Let someone else languish at the bottom for a change.
    Balance would be good if Warrior DPS was in line with the other 3 warrior DPS is stupid high from the couple parses I have seen. Mages got toned down quite a bit.

So, it seems more like a Warrior issue than a Cleric issue (although our top spec atm could use about a 200-300 DPS boost).
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 10-17-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Balance would be good if Warrior DPS was in line with the other 3 warrior DPS is stupid high from the couple parses I have seen. Mages got toned down quite a bit.

So, it seems more like a Warrior issue than a Cleric issue (although our top spec atm could use about a 200-300 DPS boost).
    I dunno either the other classes are somehow going to scale or obtain more benefit from gear with levels 51-60 or Trion just love Warriors more.

The new soul possibly does have a large benefit to damage when investing 15 points but probably still wouldn't really close the gap.
    Last edited by Malark; 10-17-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Champion of Telara

Out top DPS spec I last saw was shaman with 4.6k as the high water mark.. What are rogues and mages pulling?
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I dunno either the other classes are somehow going to scale or obtain more benefit from gear with levels 51-60 or Trion just love Warriors more.

The new soul possibly does have a large benefit to damage when investing 15 points but probably still wouldn't really close the gap.
    Granted I haven't seen levels 53-60...but unless Warriors literally gained no DPS from those levels and we gained what is possible as of right now...I am not entirely sure we could catch warrior DPS.

As far as Mages and Rogues...pyro and ele for Mages looked to be right around (maybe a touch higher) than that 4.6k mark. Last I saw Rogues were over 5k on PTS, no clue today haven't seen much

Champion of Telara

Granted I haven't seen levels 53-60...but unless Warriors literally gained no DPS from those levels and we gained what is possible as of right now...I am not entirely sure we could catch warrior DPS.

As far as Mages and Rogues...pyro and ele for Mages looked to be right around (maybe a touch higher) than that 4.6k mark. Last I saw Rogues were over 5k on PTS, no clue today haven't seen much
    wow 4.6 for mages... they took a big hit. So they just need to bring wars and rogues down some more and we should all be in line. Sounds good to me.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

but i think that is only on a few spec's but i could be wrong

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #235
    Rift Team

Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

There are a lot of numbers being thrown around based on what people saw on PTS, or what they saw some guy in unknown gear and unknown buffs pulled on a dummy that might have additional debuffs on it.

It is certainly possible that there are damage values that are not perfect, strange unaccounted for builds, talents not functioning as expected etc. There may be combinations or issues that result in certain other classes or callings doing to much damage - there may be combinations or issues that result in other callings doing too little.

We'll be watching and we'll adjust things as needed as things are proven with data and testing. We always appreciate real data points from the community, parses, etc, with as much information about buffs and debuffs on the target as possible.

~Daglar

Default There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

thanx man for the reply and that is good 2 hear

Makes a nice signature, thx Daglar!
    See you all in Wildstar!

Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

There are a lot of numbers being thrown around based on what people saw on PTS, or what they saw some guy in unknown gear and unknown buffs pulled on a dummy that might have additional debuffs on it.

It is certainly possible that there are damage values that are not perfect, strange unaccounted for builds, talents not functioning as expected etc. There may be combinations or issues that result in certain other classes or callings doing to much damage - there may be combinations or issues that result in other callings doing too little.

We'll be watching and we'll adjust things as needed as things are proven with data and testing. We always appreciate real data points from the community, parses, etc, with as much information about buffs and debuffs on the target as possible.

~Daglar
    Just wanted to quote this so I can find it later.

This would be much more meaningful if it wasn't the same thing we've been fed since... well, release actually.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

~Daglar
    Thank you for coming out and saying this Daglar!
    Last edited by Xillean; 10-17-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast