+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 99
Like Tree19Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: You guys should really take a gander at the PTS

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreiks View Post
    * Healing has been reduced across the board in PvP combat.
    * AoE Damage and Healing have been reduced in general in PvP combat.

    Will the AoE heals affected by the healing reduction across the board stack on top of the AoE reduction?
    Yes. In general, AEs are way less effective in PvP now. I would highly suggest testing it out and giving plenty of feedback on whether you think the results add or detract from your overall play experience.

  2. #32
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Well since we can talk about some soul combinations now...if you enjoy healing...

    51 Warden, 15 Purifier
    36 Warden, 32 Sentinel

    Both very fun builds with the changes
    36 Warden 30 Sentinel I meant obviously.

  3. #33
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    Wonder if the SH - BoD - Vex - BoD - Curse - BoD spam is still as high DPS as it was in beta.
    I hope so it was the only solid DPS spec we had in beta and even then was behind the other classes.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #34
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    I hope so it was the only solid DPS spec we had in beta and even then was behind the other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    We will be continuously adjusting these numbers to get them where we want them until late on 1.11 Eve. Then we will be doing the same with everything 51+ until 2.0 Eve. Then we'll try to sleep for a few hours before getting to work on tweaking numbers for 2.1.
    Please don't assume that if X < Y in beta, that either X OR Y are the same today.

  5. #35
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    We will be continuously adjusting these numbers to get them where we want them until late on 1.11 Eve. Then we will be doing the same with everything 51+ until 2.0 Eve. Then we'll try to sleep for a few hours before getting to work on tweaking numbers for 2.1.
    For the sake of future arguments with other callings players telling us we are Clerics we have top healz we're not supposed to be competitive DPS, Could you please give us a statement that we can Quote, of you saying that the numbers you aim for Clerics are supposed to be competitive with other callings DPS, and it should be 'bring the player not the class' ?

    Unless where you want us to be is below others then also please say so. We need something to quote
    Last edited by Byona; 10-10-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

  6. #36
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Zinbik, I really love you.

    The DPS or Healing cast pushback immunity passive is FREAKING FANASTIC. I love you.


    I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.
    ^ This omg THIS
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    For the sake of future arguments with other callings players telling us we are Clerics we have top healz we're not supposed to be competitive DPS, Could you please give us a statement that we can Quote, of you saying that the numbers you aim for Clerics are supposed to be competitive with other callings DPS, and it should be 'bring the player not the class' ?

    Unless where you want us to be is below others then also please say so. We need something to quote
    As long as the name of the calling is, "Cleric", certain people (particularly those that don't want to heal, so would rather force someone else to) will always make assumptions based on other games and situations where that word was used to describe something else. Nothing I can say will change that. I didn't get to pick the name and I can't change it now. It is what it is.

  8. #38
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Pool of Restoration seems really nice.

    However, the tooltip claims a 35m range. Testing shows it doesn't affect other players until they are 15 meters close (before the 3m radius increase)

    This was tested with a selected player and not just casting at myself, btw.

  9. #39
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Please don't assume that if X < Y in beta, that either X OR Y are the same today.
    Sorry I was just going on past track records. But if you say things are going to be different this time around then that is very good for everyone!
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

  10. #40
    Shadowlander Blademasterff7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Any plans to address some of the concerns with Sentinel that were brought up in Beta? By that I mean giving them something to compete more with purifier or a unique identity of its own?

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default

    That range is a lie. Not only should it not be there, but it shouldn't require a target either as it's a PBAE. The first AE has a 35m radius, the second has a 15m radius. Right now the second AE is coming from the caster instead of the targets of the first AE. This will all be fixed shortly.

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #42
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blademasterff7 View Post
    Any plans to address some of the concerns with Sentinel that were brought up in Beta? By that I mean giving them something to compete more with purifier or a unique identity of its own?
    You're just trying to make me spoil their new 2.5s base cast time on Healing Invocation and conversion of Healing Grace into another Invocation.

  13. #43
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    You're just trying to make me spoil their new 2.5s base cast time on Healing Invocation and conversion of Healing Grace into another Invocation.
    Any hope of the following happening?:

    You have spoiled me with Rebuke, I absolutely love pulling a mob/mobs to me but with a 1 min cooldown It feels fairly restrictive. I am sure that's the intent for a 5 target puller so I would like to suggest that you Allow Provoke to Pull a single enemy to us in addition to its current effect. I am forever grateful as im sure many other Justicars are that you lowered the Shaman to charge to a 4 point root, that is simply amazing but it would be nice to have a summon to go along with it.

    Also I take it since Divine Right still functions the same way from Beta you decided not to change it at this time? The little absorbs have grown on me I admit.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  14. #44
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blademasterff7 View Post
    Any plans to address some of the concerns with Sentinel that were brought up in Beta? By that I mean giving them something to compete more with purifier or a unique identity of its own?
    I thought it was a speed healer? For the sake of maths, let's do some.

    Zibnik just said that Healing Invocation was brought down to a base of 2.5 second casting.

    Swift Plea: 0.5 second base reduction and 20% cast on Invocations.
    Call to Action: 20% casting reduction after you heal someone under 50% HP.

    So, at a traited base of 2 seconds, a 40% casting reduction puts it at approximately 1.2 seconds of cast time. It is also able to be traited for an additional 15% healing after the cast after one second. That's a lot of healing if Healing Invocation is the same amount of healing it is now. Sentinel comes with plenty of cooldowns that shorten casting speed as well. Healer's haste would push this below a 1 second cast time and Nyol's Hope would make this spell overkill on healing.

    Unless I'm doing my math wrong, Sentinel seems to be THE fastest healer in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

  15. #45
    Telaran Ghinix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Pool of Restoration seems really nice.

    However, the tooltip claims a 35m range. Testing shows it doesn't affect other players until they are 15 meters close (before the 3m radius increase)

    This was tested with a selected player and not just casting at myself, btw.
    That's correct, I noticed this too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts