+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: After seeing the ridiculous amount of changes to warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by xBehemothx View Post
    You know what i dont understand....
    Why do clerics get such low dps, i mean today i was calculating, i have a spell that has 1sec cast time, and hits with 4k+, i was spamming it the whole time, so why does the dps meter show that i only done litlle above 1k damage, if ive done 4k every second?
    plus the dots, and the crits....
    1 Second cast plus 2 second global cooldown equal 3 second total for 4000 damage. 4000 damage divided by 3 seconds equals 1333 damage per second. I think that is how it works anyhow.

Then you have to add in spell push back and interupts and silences.... Movement.
    Last edited by aabuster1; 09-22-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aabuster1 View Post
    1 Second cast plus 2 second global cooldown equal 3 second total for 4000 damage. 4000 damage divided by 3 seconds equals 1333 damage per second. I think that is how it works anyhow.

Then you have to add in spell push back and interupts and silences.... Movement.
    Ok, now i do understand
    Tnx for clearing that up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Screw the rogues, make us next.

They had more revamps than any other class.
    They're just saving the best for last. That's how these PR things go.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I'm hopeful, exited and can't wait for the cleric reveal. Warriors lost a tank soul, but gained a full on support soul, a ranged caster soul and got a ton of QOL and flavor changes. I'm hoping clerics get 100% completely revamped raid healing that's nothing like it is on live where we use our healing souls more than our tanking soul to raid heal. I'm hoping we get better tanking options that's more damage heavy than heal heavy, but still keep a decent amount of healing. And most of all, I just hope we get more interesting DPS options than 51inq or some mutated gimp spec(BnJ) and that we'll be competitive.

Here's to hope, fellow clerics.
    I've never liked the Blizzard style of every Xpac your toon changes 100%.

You play a toon because you like the way the toon plays. If that play style changes then it's not the toon you fall in love with.

It's a one of the big reasons why I left WoW. I go tired of every Xpac or sooner you class completely changed. And sometimes in a way you hated and you stopped playing it because of it. Druids in WoW come to mind. They changed the base way I liked to play them and fell in love with and stop playing it 10 secs after the patch hit. And this from a 25 man heroic LK Tree. My guild cried tears when I said I'm done with my Druid.

Good game design adds things. But doesn't change the basic game play.

Like Warlocks for mages. I will hate it if they change it's basic play style of DoTs. Just like people love 38/28 and the finger dance. They shouldn't change it. Just change the other specs to catch up without breaking the basic game play people love about their toons.

It's why I'm not buying the Xpac yet. It Trion pulls a Blizzard I'm out. It's bad game design. And I'll just move to something else.

Trion I hope knows just because you add more buttons doesn't make the toon more fun. SWToR is dying over 5 million hotkeys. They have so many skills it's stupid. Where GW2 have about none. Both swing to far each way.

The global cooldown is 1.5 seconds. A cast time equal or less than 1.5 seconds will just keep you from casting again for 1.5 seconds, so it's x damage every 1.5 seconds.

Check how much damage the spell is actually doing, it can be less or more than the tooltip depending on your buffs and the enemy's buffs.

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mneten View Post
    did you notice that justicars have something called 'mien of honor'?

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/1916547586/Mien-of-Honor

it looks like it's something that reduces threat generated and increases healing. that's a move from the tank tree, and to me, that's a fantastic way to create hybrid specs.

while i agree with your sentiment that it would be nice to see more options/balancing, and a little more coming out of our primarily healing trees, the baseline argument of the justicar being a tank soul (and only a tank soul) is locking it into one option, thus destroying hybrids, and indeed dismantles the soul system entirely by poo pooing the ability to hybrid spec's. if the class dev's thought along the same lines i don't think this game would be nearly as appealing.

all that being said DoL is a bit of an issue, and should not be the only option for a cleric raid healing. i would love to see more options opening up, and i'm fairly sure we will.
    Um, mien of honour has been around for a loooong time they just made it a passive skill instead of an active one.

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

They had to bring it down in line with the warrior DPS souls. Duh!
    What, they nerfed druids after they just made them viable. NOW, I'm seriously thinking about NOT resubbing for another yeat. I expect this crap from Blizz. Bah...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineDeath View Post
    What, they nerfed druids after they just made them viable. NOW, I'm seriously thinking about NOT resubbing for another yeat. I expect this crap from Blizz. Bah...
    No I was just completely wrong on that one. The Druid is currently doing really well imho, almost at the point where I don't feel gimp at all =)

Ahov made a post about some hotfix that will nerf damage a bit but I don't know if he was trolling or what.
    Last edited by Malark; 09-25-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Ahov made a post about some hotfix that will nerf damage a bit but I don't know if he was trolling or what.
    He was referring to the DoT portion of Sanction Heretic benefiting from boosts to melee damage. The fix will likely not affect druid much.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    He was referring to the DoT portion of Sanction Heretic benefiting from boosts to melee damage. The fix will likely not affect druid much.
    Honestly any nerf is a bit of a slap in the face, I mean is it really a necessary thing to do at this point ? Surely any sane person would be saying "no". Wait until 1.11, it's not something that needs urgent "hot"fixing, infact it impacts balance negatively.

The only balancing impact it should be having is on Inquisicar specs that put that 5 points into Justicar... is that really out of control ?
    Last edited by Malark; 09-25-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Honestly any nerf is a bit of a slap in the face, I mean is it really a necessary thing to do at this point ? Surely any sane person would be saying "no". Wait until 1.11, it's not something that needs urgent "hot"fixing, infact it impacts balance negatively.

The only balancing impact it should be having is on Inquisicar specs that put that 5 points into Justicar... is that really out of control ?
    It is obviously incorrect and should be fixed. It will hardly affect balance.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It is obviously incorrect and should be fixed. It will hardly affect balance.
    Currently the most used Druid spec will do less damage, so that's a nerf, and nerfs effect balance. I say again, it seems like an utterly unnecessary thing to do.
    Last edited by Malark; 09-25-2012 at 06:57 AM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    It's a bug. It'll be fixed in 1.11. Enjoy it for now!
    1.11 is not a hotfix.

It's generally a good idea to not take 2nd hand rumors too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineDeath View Post
    Um, mien of honour has been around for a loooong time they just made it a passive skill instead of an active one.
    When did MoH become a passive skill? Last time I checked you still had to click it to turn it on. Or did you mean Salvation?
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    When did MoH become a passive skill? Last time I checked you still had to click it to turn it on. Or did you mean Salvation?
    Has to...or maybe means Cavalier. MoH definitely is not a passive ability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast