+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Dear Cleric Class Dev

Champion of Telara

Default Dear Cleric Class Dev

I know we have not seen eye to eye very much, and I know I have been a pain in the arse in the past so don't think of this as doing something for me but for all clerics out there.

Because it has not been said I do not know when SL will come out but my guess is it wont be out by September and having to go at least an other 2 months with such crapy DPS numbers is really killing the cleric class.

Is there anyway you could at least bump MOA by an other 10 to 20% just so we can catch up even a little to our DPS brothers?

You can then bump it back down later once all the SL changes are in place as I think that is your plan anyways but for now can you just make this little change?

Please
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Yes please. I am tired of being out DPS'ed by lesser geared players just because of my class.

Quote Originally Posted by aabuster1 View Post
    Yes please. I am tired of being out DPS'ed by lesser geared players just because of my class.
    The skill level of these 'lesser geared players' may have exceeded your own.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Then ALL clerics must be the worst players in Rift.

OR MAYBE... there is a problem with cleric DPS.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Ascendant

Lol. Clearly that is it. Not discounting the skill factor but that isn't the case at all with this issue. Move along Mr. Hardmode.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 08-01-2012 at 11:48 AM.

I enjoyed your reply. Thanks!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Lol. Clearly that is it. Not discounting the skill factor but that isn't the case at all with this issue. Move along Mr. Hardmode.
    Oh man, Mr. Hardmode? If I ever get into **** I know what my name will be now, thanks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeadope View Post
    Oh man, Mr. Hardmode? If I ever get into **** I know what my name will be now, thanks.
    I found it funny too that hardmode is in a signature like it actually means something

It requires no less of an investment in advancement / gear / training to equip yourself as a DPS cleric as compared to a DPS anything else. More of our trees are DPS than anything else. It's not like we're looking to do top tier DPS in tank gear or while healing. When we spec and gear for DPS, we'd like to be able to do top tier DPS - thank you Zib for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    It requires no less of an investment in advancement / gear / training to equip yourself as a DPS cleric as compared to a DPS anything else. More of our trees are DPS than anything else. It's not like we're looking to do top tier DPS in tank gear or while healing. When we spec and gear for DPS, we'd like to be able to do top tier DPS - thank you Zib for listening.
    As it stands right now I would settle for a response stating it will be fixed or it wont be fixed. Just flat out tell the cleric community if the 50% of our souls that are set aside for DPS will be equal with all the other dps in the game.

WTB this in the next hotfix, thanks in advance Zinbik!
    See you all in Wildstar!

Champion of Telara

I really don't mean to be picking on any of the devs and I am sure they are trying to work things out but based on where the cleric class is right now then add in threads about high end gear like this:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-upgraded.html

I really have to wonder is anyone at Trion even knows how the cleric souls work. There are just soo many bad mistakes being made about all aspecs of this class.

Anyone else feel this way?

Hi folks! I just wanted to say that I've already had to come in and clean some posts out of this thread. You all seem to want to have this conversation but it's got to head back to a more respectful tone. Please do not post things like "signed" and keep the discussion civil.

Thanks!

Prophet of Telara

We are deeply sorry you "accidentally" forgot to buff one class in 1.8 and its now crawling some few miles behind. Go ahead ban
    Last edited by Alex113; 08-05-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorne25 View Post
    Hi folks! I just wanted to say that I've already had to come in and clean some posts out of this thread. You all seem to want to have this conversation but it's got to head back to a more respectful tone. Please do not post things like "signed" and keep the discussion civil.

Thanks!
    Apologies for writing "signed" - I was unaware it was consider spam. I amend my post to:

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast