+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help.

Soulwalker

Default Need some help.

Hi all. I bought the collectors edition when this game came out and played for a few weeks but work got busy and I dropped gaming for a long time.

I just subbed again and logged in and I am at a total loss, the points have been reset on my level 24 clerics souls so I have no idea what I am doing now. Not that I had much of an idea anyway.

I'm looking for specs for 3 roles for my cleric.

1. Main group healer.
    2. Solo quest/mob grinding.
    3. Main group tank.

I'm slowly reading through all the cleric guides but things seem to be changing fast around here so some of that may no longer be relevant today. Any help with up to date soul trees for the roles I mentioned would be really appreciated.

Also what is endgame like here?

It might seem like there's a lot of changes happening for Clerics but in reality, nothing has actually changed.

Right now we're all waiting for Storm Legion (the new expansion) and we're still playing with the same specs that we've had for the past 4 or 5 months.

Pick a playstyle you enjoy and there's probably a guide on it somewhere.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kordan View Post
    I'm looking for specs for 3 roles for my cleric.

1. Main group healer.
    2. Solo quest/mob grinding.
    3. Main group tank.

Also what is endgame like here?
    1. Main group healer : Any heal soul combo (Ward/Sent, Puri/Sent, Puri/Ward) or Senticar. Later on you can heal with icar builds.

2. Quest grind : you can stick with the inq build, if you want to grind group of mobs use an icar build : Inquicar, Druidicar, Shamicar.

3. Full Justi / 3 Sham / rest Puri or Inqui

You have "premade" builds in your soul tree, they are just fine for leveling.

There is at the moment 3 tiers of raids : RoS/GSB/GP/DH, RotP/HK, PF/ID.
    ID is the last 20-man raid, and haven't been cleared by most of the guilds.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    It might seem like there's a lot of changes happening for Clerics but in reality, nothing has actually changed.

Right now we're all waiting for Storm Legion (the new expansion) and we're still playing with the same specs that we've had for the past 4 or 5 months.

Pick a playstyle you enjoy and there's probably a guide on it somewhere.
    Mostly true but I do think that it's not really the Cleric that has changed but the game has. It pains me to say it but even I have a Senticar build now. I personally would favor any approach where Inquisicar/pure healer covers healing instead still but I can't argue that it is a useful build to have. I also now have a 51 Purifier role, something that I honestly thought was a pretty useless build to have before ID got released.

Off topic but I would really like another couple of role slots, getting rid of a Druid build really hurt as I really liked having it =(

Anyway, yeah people have become more knowledgeable about what works and what doesn't, stats have been boosted via gear and PA, new encounters introduced. Sometimes raid leaders just want to keep things standardized to be able to plan composition.

You didn't really used to see hybrid mage builds at raids much as an example, but now it's all the rage.
    Last edited by Malark; 07-12-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    It pains me to say it but even I have a Senticar build now. I personally would favor any approach where Inquisicar/pure healer covers healing instead still but I can't argue that it is a useful build to have.
    Not sure what you're trying to say, but Senticar is a pure healer.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    I think you know what I mean, but nice pointless post.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I think you know what I mean, but nice pointless post.
    No I don't, you were implying Senticar is not a pure healing build, that's why I posted. Now stop being aggressive, or take a break...

Ascendant

No I don't, you were implying Senticar is not a pure healing build, that's why I posted. Now stop being aggressive, or take a break...
    I wasn't being aggressive, it seemed to me that you were just being antagonistic for the sake of it or did you really want me to explain to you how I think 'pure healer' in this context means not doing any damage ?!?!??
    Last edited by Malark; 07-12-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Champion of Telara

Originally Posted by Malark

It pains me to say it but even I have a Senticar build now. I personally would favor any approach where Inquisicar/pure healer covers healing instead still but I can't argue that it is a useful build to have.

Yah I agree, your thoughts did not come out clear.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

+ Reply to Thread