+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: PvP healing

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Lanuaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default PvP healing

    I have a pretty good build so dont need avdice on that what im wondering is how the f$^ do you get favor as a healer I was 1st and 2nd in healing in 2 Port Scions and 2nd from bottom and third the way down in favor. Help please sorry if this is in the wrong place.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Valarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lanuaul View Post
    i have a pretty good build so dont need avdice on that what im wondering is how the f$^ do you get favor as a healer i was 1st and 2nd in healing in 2 port scions and 2nd from bottom and third the way down in favor. Help please sorry if this is in the wrong place.
    dps gives better favor

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I am sure that there will be better answers than this but here are some ideas:

    Check your guild perks to see what you are getting for PVP
    Many players are popping valor vials on the way to 50 atm
    Did your team win or lose - Winners get more
    Did you play the entire match
    Did you go AFK at all

    Rossel

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valarion View Post
    dps gives better favor
    I found quite the opposite. DPS usually sticks me at the bottom favor totem.

    27Justicar/28Sentinel/11Inqui is the way I go with healing in PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Bowler Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanuaul View Post
    I have a pretty good build so dont need avdice on that what im wondering is how the f$^ do you get favor as a healer I was 1st and 2nd in healing in 2 Port Scions and 2nd from bottom and third the way down in favor. Help please sorry if this is in the wrong place.
    As some have touched on you can dramatically increase favor earned by using some of the following buffs;
    • Guild Perks passively buff Favor earned up to 9%
    • Conquest Perks passively buff Favor earned up to 18%
    • Favor Vials increase Favor earned by 50% or 100%

    You can pick up the first two Conquest Favor buffs (9%) by simply entering Conquest and receiving the initial 40k Conquest Points.

    I earn more Favor healing than DPS'ing, the contribution system favors healers, particularly AOE healers. If you are in a pocket healing or single target spec then just make sure to spam cleanses on as many people as possible instead.

    Of course, to the winners go the spoils, and you receive almost twice as much favor for the win.
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 07-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Valarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post
    I found quite the opposite. DPS usually sticks me at the bottom favor totem.

    27Justicar/28Sentinel/11Inqui is the way I go with healing in PVP.
    Thats because you arent killing anything. If you kill, you will actually be at the top of the charts.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Bowler Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valarion View Post
    Thats because you arent killing anything. If you kill, you will actually be at the top of the charts.
    Good healers will earn more Favor than good DPS.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Valarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Good healers will earn more Favor than good DPS.
    Wrong. But dont believe me, roll with guildies in solid premades. Absolutely, every single one of the dps will have more favor than you. Assuming all other factors are equal.

    This was already reported to Trion back in beta and it met with CRICKETS

  9. #9
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Good healers will earn more Favor than good DPS.
    Assuming that good dps has a good healer, then no.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Bowler Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Assuming that good dps has a good healer, then no.
    Clearly I roll with bad DPS

    This hasn't been my observation but I rarely run in premades and typically solo queue.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts