+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Is Ancestral Soulstone still viable in ID?

Default Is Ancestral Soulstone still viable in ID?

For a 51 purifier, is Ancestral Soulstone still viable or a must have in ID? Got 2360 SP unbuffed, no pots, etc. Wondering if i should use it or if a BIS lesser is better.

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/ABF4F0CB...lstone#Sold_By

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

For a 51 puri you wont be using wards unless for movement or cooldowns so a sp lesser would probably be best.

Ascendant

The problem with this item is how often you actually use the increased shields. It doesn't affect Restorative Flame, Healing Breath or Spiritual Conflagration; it increases Ward of the Ancestors (still weaker than Healing Breath) and Rite of the Ancestors (rarer cooldown than SC)

Mechanics can certainly make use of your direct shields, but not to the point where it's better than resistance and SP.

Thanks for the responses!

I used it up to and including Rusila as a throw out on the second tank etc... But on Laethys the puri just doesn't have time to do anything but heal their tank. At least in our experience. So I dropped it and get the lesser instead. TBH I haven't missed it at all for the other fights since it's gone, so I probably shouldn't have bothered in the first place....

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    The problem with this item is how often you actually use the increased shields. It doesn't affect Restorative Flame, Healing Breath or Spiritual Conflagration; it increases Ward of the Ancestors (still weaker than Healing Breath) and Rite of the Ancestors (rarer cooldown than SC)

Mechanics can certainly make use of your direct shields, but not to the point where it's better than resistance and SP.
    Bubblez was like you once. Then a certain cleric told him the advantages of use the puri greater. He has remained a convert ever since, and sees the value in the buff to ward of the ancestors and rite.

I am disinclined to listen to someone who doesnt use or understand the finer points of purifier healing.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Implying View Post
    Bubblez was like you once. Then a certain cleric told him the advantages of use the puri greater. He has remained a convert ever since, and sees the value in the buff to ward of the ancestors and rite.

I am disinclined to listen to someone who doesnt use or understand the finer points of purifier healing.
    There are no "finer points" to Purifier other than those listed in my guide. Ward of the Ancestors should rarely be used; it's weaker than Healing Breath (fact) and should not be used as part of your normal rotation (fact)

It's only worth using when a RF cast would be mostly wasted, such as before Word of Incineration, or after Healing Breath has been used during movement.

If you'd like to offer some math or examples where Ward of the Ancestors should be used more often, then by all means go ahead.

Telaran

There are no "finer points" to Purifier other than those listed in my guide. Ward of the Ancestors should rarely be used; it's weaker than Healing Breath (fact) and should not be used as part of your normal rotation (fact)

It's only worth using when a RF cast would be mostly wasted, such as before Word of Incineration, or after Healing Breath has been used during movement.

If you'd like to offer some math or examples where Ward of the Ancestors should be used more often, then by all means go ahead.
    There are a few which you missed. One of which bubblez had to post for you.

The other you don't use even after a certain someone told you to. At which point you added the post from bubblez about it.

If you would like to know what else you can add to your guide, you should ask him yourself. He's in the same guild as you right?

Ascendant

There are a few which you missed. One of which bubblez had to post for you.

The other you don't use even after a certain someone told you to. At which point you added the post from bubblez about it.

If you would like to know what else you can add to your guide, you should ask him yourself. He's in the same guild as you right?
    Continue deflecting.

You can't post any math defending Ward of the Ancestors.

Telaran

Continue deflecting.

You can't post any math defending Ward of the Ancestors.
    Implying I need to post math to defend it.

You are using Hps/shielding to validate the lesser. Obviously you will become convinced about its superiority if you continue looking at things one dimensionally (via maths).

If you think about what situations would require stronger ward and rite, then you will have your answer.

If you notice, I like to let you figure out the best way to good healing. If i just gave you the answers, you'd never improve as a cleric.

You can join the rest of us some day buddy.

You'll get there....

Ascendant

Well Ahov is right pretty much, the ward does stack with the restorative flame shield but most times you don't really need an extra 700.

For example, on Maklamos if you use the 1 person soaks strategy then only if you are pretty lowly geared will the boost to the ward matter. You only need to put a certain amount of shielding up for that person to live through.

I dunno, can casting the ward be worth it, probably any time you're dealing with predictable damage because if you put it on someone that is full health, then it's just 2K+ extra hitpoints (for a 51 purifier) so 2.7 instead of 2..... your choice.

Ascendant

Just to add, another use might be on Rusila for example where people are cruising past you with their bombs, pretty easy to throw a shield on them and maybe the extra 700... well who knows.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Well Ahov is right pretty much
    Stopped reading there.

0/10
    Last edited by Implying; 07-13-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Plane Touched

Stopped reading there.

0/10
    Are you Ahov and you husband and wife or something ?

Ascendant

Stopped reading there.

0/10
    Don't be like that Hippyman, lets have some meaty discussion !
    Last edited by Malark; 07-13-2012 at 04:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast