+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Valarion

Thread: (Pvp) Healing stat priorities

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default (Pvp) Healing stat priorities

    For awhile I've been stacking endurance and trying to reach that pesky 10k hp mark. But, sometimes I feel like my mana pool is lacking when its sitting around 7k. Do you think having a bigger health pool or mana pool is more important for pvp healing? 39Sent/27Warden spec by the way.

    stand around 10.5k health and 6.8k mana with the consumables and runes i use.
    Fourtyfour

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Valarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotHexxx View Post
    For awhile I've been stacking endurance and trying to reach that pesky 10k hp mark. But, sometimes I feel like my mana pool is lacking when its sitting around 7k. Do you think having a bigger health pool or mana pool is more important for pvp healing? 39Sent/27Warden spec by the way.

    stand around 10.5k health and 6.8k mana with the consumables and runes i use.
    Do both

    I actually maintain two different sets of sigils for this very reason: one which is a maximum (reasonable) endurance sigil and the other which is maximum WIS/SP.

    The hardest part has been choosing when to use the one versus the other. For competitive 5v5 premades, Im normally stacking extreme endurance, while for most WFs, Im max WIS/SP. In my experience having an extra 1-2K hitpoints in WFs hasnt really mattered: When you are Focus Fired in this game (and you are out of position) you are DEAD. The trick is to never get out of position, but I believe it very much depends on your playstyle. I'd probably roll with alot more endurance if I lasted more than 3 seconds under stress.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Bowler Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valarion View Post
    Do both

    I actually maintain two different sets of sigils for this very reason: one which is a maximum (reasonable) endurance sigil and the other which is maximum WIS/SP.

    The hardest part has been choosing when to use the one versus the other. For competitive 5v5 premades, Im normally stacking extreme endurance, while for most WFs, Im max WIS/SP. In my experience having an extra 1-2K hitpoints in WFs hasnt really mattered: When you are Focus Fired in this game (and you are out of position) you are DEAD. The trick is to never get out of position, but I believe it very much depends on your playstyle. I'd probably roll with alot more endurance if I lasted more than 3 seconds under stress.
    This is good advice. I'm looking forward to building a Vengeance sigil to go with my Valor sigil. The new Vengeance lessers are very strong when you factor Vengeance into the EP comparison.

    The only thing I haven't decided is what to do with a shielding sigil. My current shielding sigil is PVE and I really only use it solo grinding and lately also with Cabicar in Conquest. I'm tossing up whether to remake this sigil as PVP centric. I don't really want to carry around two edge case shieldign sigils, and to be honest the thought of grinding another Hailstone depresses me (I had such awful /roll luck the first time around).

    Anyway, I recommend one max Valor machine with 6x 33 valor lessers (four of these will have endurance), and one max Vengeance machine with 4x 25 Valor lessers (the new ones, two of these will have vengeance) and 2x 33 Valor lessers (neither of these will have endurance).

    Equip max Valor when you are having trouble staying alive, and max Vengeance when you are roflstomping. You shouldn't be using PVE sigils.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    At the moment i carry a max valor sigil ( 6 33 valor essences) and a shielding pvp sigil for healing/shamicar which has the frozen deep one tear and a hailstone along with 4 33 valor essences. I'm not 100% sure if i want to grind out the conquest marks for the vengeance sigil. I honestly cant stand the thought of needing to get... i dont know... 1000ish marks of conquest for everything.

    Crystal>Trinket>possible runes>out.

    Conquest has made me realize how much I LIKE open world pvp and Warfronts though. /shrug
    Fourtyfour

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    For pvp healing I aim for max endurance/valor. The vengeance trade simply does not interest me at this time.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    I aim for valor. Get as much as you can find

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    For pvp healing I aim for max endurance/valor. The vengeance trade simply does not interest me at this time.
    Well, he's right about something I suppose.

    Certainly don't trade anything (read sp, crit, valour or end) for vengeance. No scaling has been confirmed and from the numbers I have done, it doesn't seem to be influenced by any of our SP modifiers.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    I have 2 source engines, 1 with max valor and the other with 2 healing procs essence in place of 2 valor ones, not even thinking about the vengeance ones because of the marks.

    I Like the one with 2 healing procs better.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I Like the one with 2 healing procs better.
    I used to in the old days but when I look at my meter at the end of a long wf run and realize that they are only 3% of my total healing I hardly ever use that sigil anymore. I just stick with having all 6 PVP lessors now. If they are working for you then great but I think that they were nerfed for PVP (or at least they were planning to nerf them).

    Spirit Wolf Trinket - RIP as well. LOL I could never replace my new one with you now.

    Still need those 2 lessors out of Conquest and then I will test them out in a new 6 lessor PVP sigil.

    Rossel

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts