+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Zinbik
  • 1 Post By Primalthirst

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I am confused sorta?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Arcavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default I am confused sorta?

    So I am trying to soak up and learn all I can about the cleric to make myself a better player. Not finding a lot of updated info on all the souls around the net so trying to do research is hard. But what I did find on the Rift homepage about a soul for cleric kinda confuses me.

    What I mean is the Justicar soul. This is of course our tanking soul but what the main page lists as the description of the soul is wierd.


    Justicars are healing clerics who fight shoulder-to-shoulder with their allies in close combat.

    Strengths

    A Justicar’s healing comes from damage dealt in close combat. Thus he can survive and thrive in the thick of the fighting while ensuring his allies do the same.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    So this led me to believe that this is a healing soul right? Well I guess it sorta is since everyone uses a form of it in their "icar" builds.

    But then I read something about the other know healing souls and none of them start out saying "XXXX soul is a healing cleric...

    Then I looked at the purifier soul and it read...

    Strengths

    Purifiers dedicate themselves to mastering the healing properties of fire, and as such are potent support Clerics who can burn away disease and instantly cauterize the most horrific wounds.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    says they are potent support clerics. I thought that there were no support clerics...

    I guess I am really writing this to just strike up conversation but also still a little confused to how these souls are written up. Or are the souls written how Trion wanted them to be but they ended up not working out that way.

    Discuss !! :-)
    Last edited by Arcavia; 07-09-2012 at 04:50 PM.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Bowler Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcavia View Post
    I guess I am really writing this to just strike up conversation but also still a little confused to how these souls are written up. Or are the souls written how Trion wanted them to be but they ended up not working out that way.
    I don't think those descriptions have been changed since Beta and were undoubtedly crafted by PR or the Art department. I wouldn't let it bother you, lots of things have changed since Beta but things have been relatively constant since prelaunch - except maybe for Druid, but nobody seems to know what to do with Druid anyway.

  3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default

    To further what Bowler Hat said, most of those descriptions were written well before release. As you can tell from the Justicar's description, he was originally designed as a melee DPS/healing/buffing hybrid. Over time, we morphed him into a full tank.

    The use of the word, "support" in the Purifier's description was meant to fit the general dictionary definition of the word. That was long before we fleshed out our Looking for Group system (which came with patch 1.2 a full two months after the proper release), let alone the terminology we would use therein.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    A lot of the information on the official website is outdated Zinbik.
    Perhaps you could mention it to higher ups that they need to update it, either now or for when Storm Legion goes live.
    Nope.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Arcavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    To further what Bowler Hat said, most of those descriptions were written well before release. As you can tell from the Justicar's description, he was originally designed as a melee DPS/healing/buffing hybrid. Over time, we morphed him into a full tank.

    The use of the word, "support" in the Purifier's description was meant to fit the general dictionary definition of the word. That was long before we fleshed out our Looking for Group system (which came with patch 1.2 a full two months after the proper release), let alone the terminology we would use therein.

    Hey thanks for letting me know... I was just reading stuff and found it interesting. I did not want that to sound as if I were picking on the Devs or anything cause I was not. I thought maybe we were playing it wrong

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default

    I heard Laethys was faceroll if you bring 5 51 Justicars as melee DPS/healing/buffing hybrids. and 2 51 Purifiers as support.




    =P

  7. #7
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    I heard Laethys was faceroll if you bring 5 51 Justicars as melee DPS/healing/buffing hybrids. and 2 51 Purifiers as support.
    I heard 20 Cleric raids were the best.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts